Took us more time than expected to reach RC stage. Well, we were not all that pleased with the structure of the blocks and so we rewrote them, improved workflow and features based on member's feedback. There is still a lot to do but it would be at a much much faster pace and the foundation now is rock solid. JA Joomla Page Builder release candidate version is now available for everyone to try their hands on. Some of the important features are as below:
- New content block structure
- Improved editor tool
- Page import & export
- Revision history
- Popular Framework templates and 3rd Party extensions compatibility
1. New content block structure
The new content block structure makes content update easier and more flexible, you can change content type for any content element, add more content element, more options to configure content element.
#1. Support 8 content types
The new version of JA Builder supports 8 content types:
- Social buttons
- Rows: create multiple columns then add content to each column
#2. Add more content element with ease
In each content blocks, you can add more content elements by clone an existing content element in the content block then select content type.
#3. Multiple options to configure content type
For each content type, it has dedicated options to configure. For example, with button content type, it includes: button shape, border, shadow, icon, etc.
#4. Configure layout for content element
You can create row, configure width for each row and add content for each column.
Will my data be lost ?
The content blocks (from beta version) you added to your site will not be lost but to use new features, you have to replace the old blocks with new content blocks.
2. Improved editor tool
The new editor tool is amazingly simple, hyperlinks and some other minor issues have been fixed.
3. Page Import and Export
The Page Builder now also supports export and import of pages, now that should make designing landing pages a breeze.
4. Revision ready
Amazing new feature - "revisions" is now available, where one can revert to old changes with ease. The new feature will auto save the changes while editing the page (for now, each revision includes 10 changes). Meaning, after 10 changes, it will be saved as a revision. You can revert to previous revision to revert the content, pretty handy feature.
5. Popular Framework templates and 3rd party extensions compatibility
We tested our page builder tool with popular Joomla Framework templates including T3 Framework, Gantry 5, Helix 3 and Expose and results are encouraging. With few tweaks, our Page Builder works well with all frameworks and we have documented the same as a guide for our users.
We did the same with popular 3rd party extensions. We at random tested it with: Virtuemart, Kunena, EasyDiscuss, EasySocial and EasyBlog and all seems good so far.
Win Free Developer membership worth $300
Create stunning landing pages with JA Page Builder tool and submit the link/screenshot HERE. Best 5 creations will win JA Developer membership worth $300 each.
One of our member from Turkey made this complete site using JA Page Builder (beta). I am sure, with the latest version this guy can do much more, what you think?
Roadmap for next version :
- More block variations
- Predeisgned page library
- Improvements and bug fixes
JA Joomla Page Builder blog posts:
- Tips to make JA Page Builder work with all Joomla Template frameworks
- Popular Joomla extensions & JA Page Builder - Compatibility report
- Revisions now available in JA Joomla Page Builder
- JA Joomla Page Builder now with undo redo, export import & more
- Joomla Page Builder - Create stunning landing page in 5 minutes
- Thanks - JA Joomla Site Builder Alpha 2000+ downloads in 2 days. New version released today
- JA Joomla site builder : 5 new features added this week.
- JA Site Builder new demo with more features and improvements
- JA builder for Joomla - 4 step WorkFlow Explained
- Introducing JA Builder - Build sites for Joomla on the fly. Part - II
- Introducing JA Builder - Build sites for Joomla on the fly. Part - I