We got exciting news for everyone, our free Joomla translation component - JA Multilingual now also supports Google translate apart from Bing Translator. While both the services are great, Bing allows 2 million characters translations a month for free whereas Google translate is fully commercial. We have a little comparison chart down below highlighting the features of Bing translator and Google translate.
We have also updated JA Multilingual component to support auto translation of metatags and meta description, which should be helpful from the SEO point of view. The new version also fixes the bugs reported by users.
The extension has been well received by users, which is evident from the multiple 5 stars ratings on Joomla Extension Directory (JED).
Totally new to JA Multilingual?
You can refer to our previous blog post to catch up on its key features which are highlighted as below:
- Use Bing translator or Google translate
- Select any language to translate FROM/TO
- Multi languages installation
- Translate all languages in one go
- Easy Association management
- Auto translate menu items and all core joomla components
- Only translate new content (from the second translation)
- Supports EasyBlog, K2 and Virtuemart component auto translations
- Support translating meta description & meta keyword
Comparison infographic to help you choose the translation service
Improvement - now auto translate meta description & meta keywords too
Meta descriptions are more important than the meta keywords when it comes to SEO optimization of your Joomla site. This new version of JA multilingual covers this important part and auto translates the meta description and keywords while translating the article on the fly.
Auto translate Easyblog, K2 and Virtuemart
For now JA multilingual component supports EasyBlog, K2 and Virtuemart. Support for more extensions would be released based on user requests.
It is essential to reach out to a wide range of customers when running a global business. Creating sites in multiple languages is one way to attain that desire then. With JA Multilingual, setting up your Joomla multilingual site would now be quick and easy while eliminating any translator hiring cost or tedious translation process.
- View the comparison between versions at JoomlArt Version Updates and replace the affected files, if you have not customized the affected files.
- RECOMMENDED : Use JA extension Manager Component for upgrade. Watch video for how to upgrade using JAEM.
*Sign in is required to download the component. But hey, you can always signup for a free membership!
Hope this update helps improve your site translations. Help us spread the word by adding rating and unbiased review (what's good or bad about this extension) in the Joomla! Extensions Directory listing of JA Multilingual Component. Either positive or negative, We love them all equally.
Happy Holidays, guys!