Finally, Joomla! 4 stable is here. This Long Term Support (LTS) version brings a huge upgrade to the CMS, amazing new features, raises the minimum supported PHP version to PHP 7.2.5, and many many more to build a beautiful, scalable website that will grow with your business.
Joomla 4.0 launched: A new world of possibilities
The new version of Joomla CMS enables website creators to create powerful websites, where maintaining its content is easy and seamless. Joomla 4 core features:
- Speed: Joomla 4 will increase your website performance
- SEO: get to the top of any search engine fast with Joomla 4.
- Security: Joomla 4 contains many changes designed to maximize security and keep hackers out.
- Emails: take your site to the next level when communicating with your customers with the new email template system
- Design: a completely new admin UI, improved media manager, and editor give you the power to design and build amazing websites
- Accessibility: Joomla 4 delivers best in class accessibility. The layout, contrast, and infrastructure
- Workflows: you can create any number of processes to take your content creation from idea to polished publication in a defined and controlled way.
- Bootstrap 5: integrate the world’s most popular front-end open source toolkit to build website faster and easier.
Product updates for Joomla 4 - First batch
The team has been working hard to update active products for Joomla 4. This is a major update with a complete product development workflow required. Below is our Joomla 4 product update for the first batch. More products will be updated and released for Joomla 4 every week until the work is complete.
T4 Framework and 14 Templates are updated for Joomla 4
|JA Ego Template||2.0.0||Download|
|JA Educatsy Template||2.0.0||Download|
|JA Alpha Template||2.0.0||Download|
|JA Tour Template||2.0.0||Download|
|JA Spa Template||2.0.0||Download|
|JA Vital Template||2.0.0||Download|
|JA Helple Template||2.0.0||Download|
|JA Artsy Template||2.0.0||Download|
|JA Resort Template||2.0.0||Download|
|JA Beauty Template||2.0.0||Download|
|JA Event Camp Template||2.0.0||Download|
|JA Symphony Template||2.0.0||Download|
|JA Stark Template||2.0.0||Download|
7 Joomla extensions updated for Joomla 4
|JA Content Listing Module||1.2.0||Download|
|JA ACM Module||2.2.1||Download|
|JA Masthead Module||1.1.0||Download|
|JA Quick Contact Module||2.7.0||Download|
|JA Login Module||2.8.0||Download|
|JA Facebook Likebox Module||2.8.0||Download|
|JA Google Map Plugin||2.8.0||Download|
In the first batch, we released 6 Joomla templates and 2 exention for Joomla 4.
Keep updated with our Joomla 4 update status from the dashboard
More products will be updated each week
Can I update my website from 3.9.x to Joomla 4 ?
The simple answer here is yes. Joomla 4 stable launched and you can upgrade your site to the latest CMS version. However, make sure templates, extensions, 3rd party extensions used in your website are compatible with Joomla 4. To upgrade, you should:
- Take your full website backup
- Clone your website to a development server and do the upgrade, testing all front-end and back-end before do the update on your live site.
- Once the site is all good, you can replace your current website with the new site, or replicate the migration process in your live site.
In order to upgrade from 3.9.x to Joomla 4, you have to go via the latest 3.10 release. There is no direct upgrade path between 3.9 and 4.x planned nor supported. All upgrades go via 3.10.
Explore the Joomla 4 new features:
- 8 most exciting Joomla 4 new features - Read more
- Joomla 4 New Media Manager: How it helps manage media files - Read more
- Joomla 4 Email templates override with the all-new user interface - Read more
- Joomla 4 is ready with accessibility support - Read more
- Joomla 4 new front-end template preview - Cassiopeta template - Read more
- The A-Z Guide Of Lazy loading in Joomla 4 - Read more
- Joomla 3 and Joomla 4 features comparison: 15 new things to take note - Read more