Dear members & friends,
Looking to the difficulties faced by our members in upgrading to Joomla 1.7 from current joomla 1.6, we release a quick hotfix for T3 plugin (version 1.3.0 beta). Testing is on full swing and we are committed to release the Joomla 1.7 compatible products (extensions & templates) at an earliest.
Why is the delay?
- Based on our earlier experience (joomla 1.6), we waited for the stable release of Joomla 1.7, so that we have to release less versions in quick sucession. As quick version release for templates adds to more work on the member side as he she has to redo his / her customization.
- Due to active development most of the templates / extensions already have already code edits (bug fixes / improvements) committed in svn, which needs to be tested apart from testing for Joomla 1.7 compatibility. So most of the releases might be bug fix plus J 1.7 compatible. This process doesn't allow us to give exact timeframe for releasing each product.
- During last week we have released bug fix updates for 18 of our Joomla 1.6 templates making them compatible for Joomla 1.6.5, which brings them very close to Joomla 1.7 compatibility. So its just matter of time, mainly for testing.
- Delivering high quality products is what we strive for.
Recommended upgrade process for JoomlArt templates ( 1.6 to 1.7 only).
1. Download the latest T3 framework Plugin from HERE.
2. Take backup of your site (recommended practice even for smaller extensions).
3. If you have not edited your T3 plugin then you may even just install the newer version over the older one.
4. Use Joomla.org recommended steps for upgrade to Joomla! 1.7
Who should do it?
Anyone who is enthusiastic about Joomla! 1.7 and can not wait, can go for the upgrade. For others, we would release stable version of T3 framework plugin and club templates in the coming days (no timeframe set).