Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 78 total)
  • Author

ok sir. So if i wanna do sometin for my community, how do i get datas? Hotels schools etc?

TomC Moderator

<em>@stazzy 476767 wrote:</em><blockquote>ok sir. So if i wanna do sometin for my community, how do i get datas? Hotels schools etc?</blockquote>

Let’s wait for the official release – and documentation/user guide – for the template 😎

TomC Moderator

<em>@stazzy 476767 wrote:</em><blockquote>ok sir. So if i wanna do sometin for my community, how do i get datas? Hotels schools etc?</blockquote>

Let’s wait for the official release – and documentation/user guide – for the template 😎

austenn01 Friend

Obviously Ill have to wait for the release to see exactly what you have done, but i do have some serious concerns

1) Can we assume the directory is built with K2? If so why on gods name would you use K2?
    1a) k2 has been promising K2 v3 for almost 1 year now, they dont support the community. K2 can’t even keep a promise to post a blog post, let alone release new v3.

2) A “Directory” suggests the need for visitors/members to submit listings to the directory. if you are using K2, then again why? K2 is horrible for front end submission…with its popup window that looks horrible, and doesnt display well on smaller screens. A really really bad user experience.

3) Why not take this opportunity to use your new JoomlArt CCK and add ‘search and filter’ to its feature list??? This i would be very interested in.

Honestly, if this ‘Directory’ template is built with k2, its not worth it. People will need to go and buy or use a proper directory component, and thus end up having to style and code the new component themselves, thus defeating the whole purpose of creating a ‘Directory’ template.

I was very excited when I saw ‘Directory’ new template…because I though you would use your new JoomlArt CCK.

Again, ill wait until i get my hands on the quickstart, but from what i can see, this is a HUGE disappointment.

Phill Moderator

I am not a fan of K2 either. However, many users complain whenever JA release a template without K2 styling making it very hard to please everyone.

austenn01 Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 476855 wrote:</em><blockquote>I am not a fan of K2 either. However, many users complain whenever JA release a template without K2 styling making it very hard to please everyone.</blockquote>

Mate, please… lets not use what you said out of context!

People want K2 support for news/blog! I personally partitioned JoomlArt to bring back support for K2 when you started using EasyBlog etc. This is also before K2 started ignoring its community and can’t even be bothered to keep promises like making blog posts to update the community on where they are at with v3 development. I can count maybe 5 times they have made this promise in the last 9 months. Now they have moved K2 v3 dev into ‘private beta’, which is just another way to make excuses for why its taken so long and to explain the lack of any changes to their github repo for months now….anyway…..

Also, since when has JoomlArt every made K2 support for a ‘Directory’? Never! So please dont say things like you did, as it has no context to this specific template.

Why not use SobiPro? I personally have tried SobiPro and have mixed feelings, but it is free for the most part, but it at least is a directory component without compromise. K2 can only be used for the very basic of directory’s.

If you want to make a template ‘look’ like it has Directory features on the frontend, K2 is probably the easiest and ”’quickest”” way to achieve such a look…but when it comes to features/functionality/practicality, its useless in this case.

JoomlArt if this is the case, I would ask you to re-consider….

pedrox Friend

<em>@austenn01 476824 wrote:</em><blockquote>Obviously Ill have to wait for the release to see exactly what you have done, but i do have some serious concerns

1) Can we assume the directory is built with K2? If so why on gods name would you use K2?
    1a) k2 has been promising K2 v3 for almost 1 year now, they dont support the community. K2 can’t even keep a promise to post a blog post, let alone release new v3.

2) A “Directory” suggests the need for visitors/members to submit listings to the directory. if you are using K2, then again why? K2 is horrible for front end submission…with its popup window that looks horrible, and doesnt display well on smaller screens. A really really bad user experience.

3) Why not take this opportunity to use your new JoomlArt CCK and add ‘search and filter’ to its feature list??? This i would be very interested in.

Honestly, if this ‘Directory’ template is built with k2, its not worth it. People will need to go and buy or use a proper directory component, and thus end up having to style and code the new component themselves, thus defeating the whole purpose of creating a ‘Directory’ template.

I was very excited when I saw ‘Directory’ new template…because I though you would use your new JoomlArt CCK.

Again, ill wait until i get my hands on the quickstart, but from what i can see, this is a HUGE disappointment.</blockquote>

K2 v3.0 to be officially unveiled in JoomlaDay Brasil 2015
    http://www.joomlaworks.net/blog/item/259-k2-v3-0-to-be-officially-unveiled-in-joomladay-brasil-2015?utm_content=buffer2ba54&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

austenn01 Friend

<em>@austenn01 476824 wrote:</em><blockquote>Obviously Ill have to wait for the release to see exactly what you have done, but i do have some serious concerns

Again, ill wait until i get my hands on the quickstart, but from what i can see, this is a HUGE disappointment.</blockquote>

I have now seen that JoomlArt has created this:

http://www.joomlart.com/joomla/extensions/k2-to-com-content-migration-plugin

K2 to Joomla content migration plugin (that even converts K2 extra fields to JoomlArts CCK extra fields). So again, why use K2 as the core component? I just don’t get it.

EDIT: Congrats JoomlArt on this really cool K2 to Joomla Content migration tool. Love the fact we can migrate K2 extra fields to JoomlArts cck fields!

austenn01 Friend

<em>@pedrox 476858 wrote:</em><blockquote>K2 v3.0 to be officially unveiled in JoomlaDay Brasil 2015
    http://www.joomlaworks.net/blog/item/259-k2-v3-0-to-be-officially-unveiled-in-joomladay-brasil-2015?utm_content=buffer2ba54&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer</blockquote>

Yes, I forgot to mention this. JoomlDay Brazil 2015 is approximately 1 year after K2 (JoomlaWorks) K2 version 3 was first announced to be released..1 year! Since this date its been nothing but new release promise dates that are never kept, and then after this happened many times, K2 just responds with “when we have something to release, we will let you know’. Then after users got annoyed with no communication on why K2 v3 is not being released or even actively developed, K2 moved K2 v3 to private beta..now we can’t even track progress via github, which honestly looks like another excuse to not communicate with their users.

A lot of this info is on their blog, but many of this back and forth complaining from the K2 community was in Facebook comments on their blog, but K2 removed facebook comments (I wonder why they removed this?? 😉 ) I have been a big supporter of K2 for a long time now, but after the way they have conducted themselves over the last 1 year, I can’t ignore this.

lorento Friend

Hi,
    Would it be possible to customize the fields depending on the type of ads (vehicle, hotels, etc.)?
    Thank you.

Phill Moderator

<em>@austenn01 476860 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have now seen that JoomlArt has created this:

http://www.joomlart.com/joomla/extensions/k2-to-com-content-migration-plugin

EDIT: Congrats JoomlArt on this really cool K2 to Joomla Content migration tool. Love the fact we can migrate K2 extra fields to JoomlArts cck fields!</blockquote>

I agree, a brilliant component. Personally, I will not need it unless I am asked to help someone off of K2. I was never a fan of any extension that uses its own tables for article data. For J1 and J1.5 it was relevant but since J2.5 and especially J3 it really is no longer needed now we have multiple content types, extra fields etc. On the plus side I am sure some of the ideas K2 introduced affected the development of Joomla.

I do agree with you that using K2 for such a heavy part of this template will put many off. I would love to see the JA devs come up with a native content filter plugin to match their K2 one, people would then have more options.

roojai Friend

I think K2 is great and still use it a lot.

I’ve been waiting for the native joomla content system to get on par, but K2 still beats its hands down.

The ability to create systems for events etc is exactly what is so good about K2. I built a a property directory with it a few months ago, works great!

And I do not understand the obsession with K2 v3. The current one works fine, why worry so much about the new version. They have said that the new version (whenever it comes) will be backwards compatible so no need to worry. I agree perhaps their attitude is not so great about it – but there’s no need to get obsessed about it!

The new template looks great.

I won’t use it though, as I hate the T3 framework with a passion.

pedrox Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 476875 wrote:</em><blockquote>I agree, a brilliant component. Personally, I will not need it unless I am asked to help someone off of K2. I was never a fan of any extension that uses its own tables for article data. For J1 and J1.5 it was relevant but since J2.5 and especially J3 it really is no longer needed now we have multiple content types, extra fields etc. On the plus side I am sure some of the ideas K2 introduced affected the development of Joomla.

I do agree with you that using K2 for such a heavy part of this template will put many off. I would love to see the JA devs come up with a native content filter plugin to match their K2 one, people would then have more options.</blockquote>

So that will serve k2 30, K2 40, K2 50… if JoomlArt still does not exploit its full potential ?
    And the remaining clubs templates do the same. However Smartaddons is now included an extra option in K2 items.

K2 Articles
    Articles show image
    Articles show video

So now at least we can decide whether quermos an image or a video in Article
    http://demo.smartaddons.com/#sj-news-ii

Henning Friend

Looks great! Cannot believe that the extension used is actually K2, really impressed.

Keep up the good work!

Regards,
    Henning

Henning Friend

Looks great! Cannot believe that the extension used is actually K2, really impressed.

Keep up the good work!

Regards,
    Henning

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 78 total)

This topic contains 78 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  tom_laan84 8 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum