Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 78 total)
  • Author

<em>@roojai 476913 wrote:</em><blockquote>

I won’t use it though, as I hate the T3 framework with a passion.</blockquote>

I would be interested to hear what it is you do not like. When I first used it I must admit it took a bit of getting used to. The latest iteration though is very impressive making development very easy.

Phill Moderator

<em>@roojai 476913 wrote:</em><blockquote>

I won’t use it though, as I hate the T3 framework with a passion.</blockquote>

I would be interested to hear what it is you do not like. When I first used it I must admit it took a bit of getting used to. The latest iteration though is very impressive making development very easy.

austenn01 Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 477054 wrote:</em><blockquote>I would be interested to hear what it is you do not like. When I first used it I must admit it took a bit of getting used to. The latest iteration though is very impressive making development very easy.</blockquote>

Yes I 2nd this!!! Why is T3 so bad?

The only thing I wish T3 did, is what I believe RocketTheme has introduced… ‘Twig’ templating. I quit like the new RocketTheme framework, BUT it doesnt use Boostrap 3, so I wont use it. If JoomlArt could introduce Twig templating (or something similar), I would be very happy.

austenn01 Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 477054 wrote:</em><blockquote>I would be interested to hear what it is you do not like. When I first used it I must admit it took a bit of getting used to. The latest iteration though is very impressive making development very easy.</blockquote>

Yes I 2nd this!!! Why is T3 so bad?

The only thing I wish T3 did, is what I believe RocketTheme has introduced… ‘Twig’ templating. I quit like the new RocketTheme framework, BUT it doesnt use Boostrap 3, so I wont use it. If JoomlArt could introduce Twig templating (or something similar), I would be very happy.

James G Friend

I agree with the directory component comments.

It would be good if they provided a version using a directory component that is already out there so it offers enhanced features aswell as the K2 version.

James G Friend

I agree with the directory component comments.

It would be good if they provided a version using a directory component that is already out there so it offers enhanced features aswell as the K2 version.

TomC Moderator

<em>@jameswhufc 477618 wrote:</em><blockquote>I agree with the directory component comments.

It would be good if they provided a version using a directory component that is already out there so it offers enhanced features aswell as the K2 version.</blockquote>

What free directory component(s) are you aware of?

TomC Moderator

<em>@jameswhufc 477618 wrote:</em><blockquote>I agree with the directory component comments.

It would be good if they provided a version using a directory component that is already out there so it offers enhanced features aswell as the K2 version.</blockquote>

What free directory component(s) are you aware of?

James G Friend

I have not searched for directory components but there is no reason you cannot strike a deal with a company which provides a paid for directory component.

It will give people options then.

Many providers offer templates with different variations now and I think its beneficial to provide different options to clients.

I would much rather pay an extra ?50/?100 to use a fully featured directory component which is specific than use a dumbed down version without many features.

James G Friend

I have not searched for directory components but there is no reason you cannot strike a deal with a company which provides a paid for directory component.

It will give people options then.

Many providers offer templates with different variations now and I think its beneficial to provide different options to clients.

I would much rather pay an extra ?50/?100 to use a fully featured directory component which is specific than use a dumbed down version without many features.

TomC Moderator

<em>@jameswhufc 477653 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have not searched for directory components but there is no reason you cannot strike a deal with a company which provides a paid for directory component.</blockquote>

A bit presumptuous, don’tcha think?

JoomlArt does just this – consistently.

I would much rather pay an extra ?50/?100 to use a fully featured directory component which is specific than use a dumbed down version without many features.</blockquote>

Mosets Tree is around $119 (or less).

TomC Moderator

<em>@jameswhufc 477653 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have not searched for directory components but there is no reason you cannot strike a deal with a company which provides a paid for directory component.</blockquote>

A bit presumptuous, don’tcha think?

I would much rather pay an extra ?50/?100 to use a fully featured directory component which is specific than use a dumbed down version without many features.</blockquote>

Mosets Tree is around $119 (or less).

James G Friend

<em>@TomC 477660 wrote:</em><blockquote>A bit presumptuous, don’tcha think?[/quote]

I’m not sure what you are trying to say here. You trying to tell me that J Business Directory wouldn’t welcome you incorporating thier component into the template – it would increase their sales even if they dont offer a discount based on if you get the Joomlart template.

<em>@TomC 477660 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    [/quote]

I wouldn’t say that at all. I noticed the other day someone posted a link to another template designed by someone else which had about 10 different options for different business ventures.

Also by options it was more me saying why not incorporate different components – lets be honest JoomlArt used to be one of the best if not the best from template designs but now so many others have caught up and offer a variety of options. I mean JoomlArt cant even keep to their schedule of one template a month recently and then they are late.

<em>@TomC 477660 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Mosets Tree is around $119 (or less).</blockquote>

Again, the price would reflect the high quality ability of the component.
    The template has come with the free K2 component which is fine, but why not give the option of including a paid extension with so many more features.
    This template wouldn’t work to host a massive business directory without one.

Theres nothing to stop you incorporating a paid for component and seeing how many downloads of this version are used – it will give you a good idea of how many people are willing to pay more.

James

tom_laan84 Friend

RS!Directory is probably best choice for a directory component. I feel it is also very easy to override layout. Their support is great (very important to customers from a template club since they are here for a reason) and also it is far cheaper € 59,-.

I’ve been using RSJoomla components for years now for paying customers of mine and they do a very good job.

Also i never got any answer to this question!:

How about users of the site and the ability to add a listing? No listings website is viable without a user friendly way to add listings from the front-end by visitors of the website.

tom_laan84 Friend

LOL You have the time and resources to build a promo video but not to catch up on your template releases or build something more than just a pretty picture: (JA Directory totally useless without proper directory component).

It keeps getting worse..

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 78 total)

This topic contains 78 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  tom_laan84 8 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum