Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 79 total)
  • Author

Starting at/about line 80 . . .

div id="ja-header" class="clearfix">

<?php
    $siteName = $tmpTools->sitename();
    if ($tmpTools->getParam('logoType')=='image') { ?>
    <h1 class="logo">
    <a href="index.php" title="<?php echo $siteName; ?>"><span><?php echo $siteName; ?></span></a>
    </h1>
    <?php } else {
    $logoText = (trim($tmpTools->getParam('logoText'))=='') ? $config->sitename : $tmpTools->getParam('logoText');
    $sloganText = (trim($tmpTools->getParam('sloganText'))=='') ? JText::_('SITE SLOGAN') : $tmpTools->getParam('sloganText'); ?>
    <h1 class="logo-text">
    <a href="index.php" title="<?php echo $siteName; ?>"><span><?php echo $logoText; ?></span></a>
    </h1>
    <p class="site-slogan"><?php echo $sloganText;?></p>
    <?php } ?>

beufford12 Friend

How frustrating is this! I changed the “logo” to oemlogo.jpg – copied the file oemlogo.jpg to every single directory which logo.gif was located (because I didn’t really know where it was looking for it) and it still will not display. Does this thing not like .jpg images or what?

Why doesn’t someone just incorporate a menu item to change the logo? That seems like it would be the easiest thing to do….:)

tilburg Friend

go to your template folder – should be something like /templates/ja_edenite

there is a templateDetails.xml in line 102 you will find:

<filename>images/logo.gif</filename>

I think this should do it.

best regards

beufford12 Friend

Thanks to everyone for the info….however, it still will not work.

so far I’ve change the “logo” in the index.php to oemlogo.jpg (which is my image name)

I’ve also changed line 202 in the templatedetails.xml to oemlogo.jpg from logo.gif

if anyone has any ideas, they would be greatly appriciated……and I apologize for all the questions.

tilburg Friend

can you give a URL to your website so that one can take a look?

TomC Moderator

<em>@beufford12 53672 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks to everyone for the info….however, it still will not work.

so far I’ve change the “logo” in the index.php to oemlogo.jpg (which is my image name)

I’ve also changed line 202 in the templatedetails.xml to oemlogo.jpg from logo.gif

if anyone has any ideas, they would be greatly appriciated……and I apologize for all the questions.</blockquote>

Did you change the relevant CSS files as well ??

anas Friend

<em>@beufford12 53658 wrote:</em><blockquote>Ok – I have now found out that logo.gif is the filename. However, when going into index.php I cannot find any place in there to change the filename as the file I want to use is a .jpg Thanks in advance</blockquote>

————————————————————
    You need to change logo.gif into logo.jpg in the following 2 files :
    template.css and templateDetails.xml.
    It works for me .
    I hope that help

beufford12 Friend

For those of you asking this question later on….

The only thing that needs to be changed is template.css in the administrators console. Change the logo.gif to whatever your filename is. At this point, it may not line up correctly on the screen so you need to play with the position (width, top, bottom, etc) and get it centered in the location you want it.

Thanks to all for your answers – it blows my mind that there is not simple setting in the console to change this; however, I haven’t created one, nor do I know how, so I can’t complain too much. 🙂

Thanks
    Brandon

TomC Moderator

Such is what we all have to learn and deal with in working with Joomla websites.

anas Friend

<em>@beufford12 53783 wrote:</em><blockquote>For those of you asking this question later on….

The only thing that needs to be changed is template.css in the administrators console. Change the logo.gif to whatever your filename is. At this point, it may not line up correctly on the screen so you need to play with the position (width, top, bottom, etc) and get it centered in the location you want it.

Thanks to all for your answers – it blows my mind that there is not simple setting in the console to change this; however, I haven’t created one, nor do I know how, so I can’t complain too much. 🙂

Thanks
    Brandon</blockquote>

—————————————————————

My way of editting the template Css is by using Firebug( Firebug integrates with Firefox to put a wealth of web development tools at your fingertips while you browse. You can edit, debug, and monitor CSS, HTML, and JavaScript live in any web page. )
    My advice get firebug and start playing with your template .
    ليبيانو لخدمات التصميم والاستضافة

rhand Friend

Well I have installed the template. I liked it a lot. But I have a lot of issues with getting the lay-out done like in the demo. I have tried for 2 hours to get Resources to display the same links, the same way in the left position. What menu is that anyways? I made a menu Resources, but it doesn’t display at all. Maybe because it’s empty. I don’t know
    And how can I get a top menu like in the demo? No luck so far. The Top menu and left menu are the same. Except for the Key Concepts one. That menu showed up right away in the left position.
    What about the staff section at the right(position) in the demo? How do I get that module and at that specific position? Do I need to make a new one? Making modules in Joomla! 1.5.3 I don’t understand yet…..
    I guess the little image with module positions doesn’t help me at all. I only managed to get the slide show and the logon section in the proper place and running, but that’s it! Please give me some more info to get me going

intraweb Friend

What is the point of selling templates when you have to edit advanced PHP and other files to change a logo?

Do you understand why people buy templates?

If I wanted to use Photoshop and write PHP I would write my own template.

I do know a little PHP and advanced HTML – but people buy templates to avoid the hassle of coding. I think this site seriously misses the point and fails to address just how much coding and advanced skill is needed to perform basic functions.

Huge dissapointment.

beufford12 Friend

Agreed. 110%

imurillo Friend

Iam using JA Edenite, How configue the menu, left menu ant top menu are different, What module use for the menu? Please I need support

imurillo Friend

I friend buy templates from RocketTheme and she has good support, every template have a guide is easy to modify template and each template has a list of link with the module of template aLicensed Member has supoport from the company not from Foro and template are compatible with joomla.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 79 total)

This topic contains 79 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  markb1439 15 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum