Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 79 total)
  • Author

A tip: For people who want it over and done with and have no or too limited a knowledge of PHP and Joomla! there is a $40 installation service with all the modules in the right place.
    I just want to learn it myself. I need a few small tips. I am working on several projects now and I just need a nice shove in the right direction. So I would like an answer today if possible. I renewed my membership and in general I am satisfied. But now that Joomla! has changed I need some help. Please help me out with the module names and positions like I asked before. I need the top menu to be different from the left menu and I need to at the resources and personal modules to the left and right position. What modules and positions are used? Here is a link to my website.

rhand Friend

<em>@rhand 54319 wrote:</em><blockquote>A tip: For people who want it over and done with and have no or too limited a knowledge of PHP and Joomla! there is a $40 installation service with all the modules in the right place.
    I just want to learn it myself. I need a few small tips. I am working on several projects now and I just need a nice shove in the right direction. So I would like an answer today if possible. I renewed my membership and in general I am satisfied. But now that Joomla! has changed I need some help. Please help me out with the module names and positions like I asked before. I need the top menu to be different from the left menu and I need to at the resources and personal modules to the left and right position. What modules and positions are used? Here is a link to my website.</blockquote>

Well, anybody? Been waiting for some time now.. :((

fideli Friend

I’ve installed the template just fine but it will not allow me to make any changes to the template configuration.

In the configuration section under Menus: Cannot assign Default Template
    Parameters:
    The Parameter-File /templates/ja_edenite/params.ini is Unwritable!

Any change I try to make doesn’t take. Any suggestions?

Also, is there a user guide if you want to use this template under Joomla 1.0.15? That version of Joomla seems to be a bit more stable with more of the quirks worked out of it.

Since you offer both templates, you should have a user guide for both, as the admin interface is quite different.

Ideally, I’d really like to know how to change the template configurations under the older version of Joomla as I like it much better and would rather build my site using this template under that version.

Any help and additional information you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your prompt reply.

rhand Friend

<em>@fideli 54826 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’ve installed the template just fine but it will not allow me to make any changes to the template configuration.

In the configuration section under Menus: Cannot assign Default Template
    Parameters:
    The Parameter-File /templates/ja_edenite/params.ini is Unwritable!

Any change I try to make doesn’t take. Any suggestions?
    </blockquote>
    Yes by changing the file permission using CPanel, Plesk or (Mozilla) FTP. Chmod 777 the file and it will be writable. You can always 644 it later to reverse it. But you need to 777 it to change its data/make it writable.
    <em>@fideli 54826 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Also, is there a user guide if you want to use this template under Joomla 1.0.15? That version of Joomla seems to be a bit more stable with more of the quirks worked out of it.

Since you offer both templates, you should have a user guide for both, as the admin interface is quite different.
    </blockquote>

Some Joomlart staff member will have to help you with that. I do know there is a general guide line online, but I am still waiting for a few more precise answers..

fideli Friend

<em>@rhand 54828 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yes by changing the file permission using CPanel, Plesk or (Mozilla) FTP. Chmod 777 the file and it will be writable. You can always 644 it later to reverse it. But you need to 777 it to change its data/make it writable.

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I tried this. The window says it is writeable but when I go to apply the changes, it reverts back to Unwriteable like before and doesn’t make the changes.

However in the CPanel it is showing as 777 for the permissions. Any other suggestions?

rhand Friend

Not problems Fideli. When it works just click on the thank you button 😉
    1. Are you using a local server or do you host your site elsewhere?
    2. What Server do you use? IIS or Linux?
    2. Did you try to change file permissions in the free Mozilla FTP yet?

imurillo Friend

I have joomla 1.53 and Jaedenit template,

the menu at the top is topmenu, it has 4 main opcion, ther first
    main opcion has 3 submenu option and the second main option has 5 submenu opcion,
    I have a problem becouse all the option menu don´t fit in the botom menu, also it do not have separator

so I have three options :
    1- remove the the top menu in the bottom area becosue is too large and don´t fit
    2- repair the menu to fit en two lines in the bottom area and add separator. I would like to fix it
    3- put the topmenu a the top area and put de mainmenu in the bottom area , mainmenu is chorter than topmenu.

Please helpme

rhand Friend

1. Put a link so people can have a look..
    2. There is no bottom menu as far as I know. Only a left and top menu…
    3. What do you mean by a separator? A </ br>?

rhand Friend

By the way. Is anybody moderating this thread??? I have asked questions myself some time ago, but nobody seems to have noticed them:confused:

dwinters Friend

my goal is to get the template looking like the demo website.
    using the quickstart installation

Modules that I have to choose from: Archived Content, Banner,Breadcrumbs,Custom HTML,Feed Display, Footer, Latest News, Login , Menu, Most Read Content , Newsflash, Poll, Random Image,, Related Articles, Search, Sections, Statistics, Syndicate, Who’s Online, Wrapper

1) user 1 – Technical help – which one from above? where is the article with this content?
    2) user 2 – Design template – which one from above? where is the article with this content?
    3) login – top – have this configured correctly, but the log on the left is not coming up. how did I get the logo at the top right showing
    4) user 4 – search – is configured as but is showing directly on the menu bar. why??
    5) user 5 – Documentation – which one from above? where is the article with this content?
    6) user 6 – Joomlart forum – which one from above? where is the article with this content?
    7) user 7 – support click here – which one from above? where is the article with this content?
    9) our staff – which one from above? where is the article with this content?
    10) Testimonials – which one from above? where is the article with this content?
    11) dell sony nokia logos at bottom of left menu – which one from above? where is the article with this content?
    12) top left logo – not showing at all.

using the quickstart.

thank you for your assistance

Doug

kebeldin Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 50528 wrote:</em><blockquote>I was asking because the Template Manager in J1.0.x is different than the Template Manager in J1.5+
    – they are under different menu headings/sections altogether.

That being said, are you having issues with placement of various template elements?
    Did you start with the Quickstart Package installation, or did you install just the base template?</blockquote>

So, where do I change all the parameters of the template in Joomla 1.0.15? I’m having a hard time migrating to 1.5.3 and want to stay at 1.0.X, can I still customize the template using the built in options like I see on your help page?

Thanks,

Kris

nikiastevens Friend

I am having a difficult time getting the slideshow to appear on the website. I have set the parameter setings as above, but could not find the detail settings. Can anybody help?

pimmar Friend

Today i have been trying to change the colours of the
    top menu blocks in the template.css file of the template;
    after changes have been made, uploaded again to the server, refreshed my page
    and only for a split second the new colours appear, after that they old colours show again…
    i am working with joomla 1.53 and had the default settings of the template

what is the problem here, how can i change colours in the template without
    the template adjusting to old settings again, seems some file is overruling
    my css settings, but where and how ?

:confused:

pimmar Friend

found it, they are small images located in the images folder of the template, change the colour in photoshop orso and its done

oleksandr Friend

Hi,
    I have a problem with JAedenite template.
    In the bottom of the page template has wording “You are here:” which should display where user has navigated, but it shows nothing.

How this can be fixed???
    I’m using joomla 1.5.3 – you can see the problem here: http://www.businessanalyst.org.ua

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 79 total)

This topic contains 79 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  markb1439 15 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum