Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 82 total)
  • Author

<em>@mayke 65852 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi CGC,

Yes I am using fantastico, the reason is for me to got no pain when I have to update the Joomla version.
    Am little bit confused using quickstart, special for Teline II since they’ve released lot’s of updated templates.
    I have installed with joomla 1.5 with telline ii v 1.3, looksfine, but something is going wrong, the jazin plug ins give this error in Advanced Parameters : elements not define for type=list – this is for all of the items in here.
    Trying to figure out but is to many thing to do…

Am I wrong?

Thank you</blockquote>

We are off topic here mayke. Menalto will not like it. Can you create a Fantastico thread in JA Teline II forum. I stopped using Fantatisco the moment I used it the first time — because of the problem that their versions are not up-to-date. There are more complications with updating — including your database being messed up during the update.

I have not had problems with Joomla1.5-Teline II QuickStart installation. And, it is really quick. 🙂

There is only one QuickStart Kit for the Joomla 1.5. I am not sure if they will have a new QuickStart with the planned release of massive revision of JA Teline II update.

Cornelioi

Menalto Friend

<em>@Menalto 65809 wrote:</em><blockquote>They released the updated package way to early, so in basic its back to basic again.</blockquote>

Its been released allready, if you have updated to the latest package and still have bugs, just continue to use this post here to report in bugs.
    And here is a link to the updated quickstart package JA uploaded yesterday: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=597

For upgrade your site to the latest Joomla:
    Go to this link: http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla/frs/?action=FrsReleaseBrowse&frs_package_id=3786
    Download the package that fits you, ex Joomla_1.5.2_to_1.5.4-Stable-Patch_Package.tar.gz
    Unzip it and upload it to your joomla installation, remember you need to over write all files.
    Now you have upgraded to the latest Joomla, next, download the template files, unzip and over write all files in the ja teline template folder.
    Same for the extensions, but at this point i have no clue what they have made changes in.

BEFORE YOU DO A UPGRADE, MAKE SURE YOU DO A FULL SITE BACKUP. THAT MEANS ALL FILES AND FOLDERS OF YOUR SITE AND A DATABASE BACKUP.

mayke Friend

Ooops! pardon me sir, am entering the wrong forum then.

But I’ve been thinking about re-installed with the the NEW Telline V 1.4 with the quickstart package since looks like is a better way to have no problem, like you said :).

Thank you Cornelio!!!

questbg Friend

Hi Menalto

<em>@Menalto 65855 wrote:</em><blockquote>download the template files, unzip and over write all files in the ja teline template folder.</blockquote>

Isn’t this a bit dangerous? I’ve spent the last 3 weeks editing various files (index.php, ja_news.css, template.css and a load more) sure if I replace these now, my ‘fixes’ will no longer work and I’ll be back to the same initial problems?

Thanks
    Chris

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@questbg 65874 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Menalto

Isn’t this a bit dangerous? I’ve spent the last 3 weeks editing various files (index.php, ja_news.css, template.css and a load more) sure if I replace these now, my ‘fixes’ will no longer work and I’ll be back to the same initial problems?

Thanks
    Chris</blockquote>

Chris,

In the main Joomla page, it provides protocol for a more cautious approach. Create a mirror of your site. Do initial updtates there, and if it works, then do the same with your main site. This should be a standard practice.

I am not sure if it is in this thread too, but one suggested by a customer is to use the Joomla pack to make copies of your files, including a database. I myself is guilty of not doing this, but you could lose a “lifetime work”, if this is not done.

Cornelio

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@mayke 65863 wrote:</em><blockquote>Ooops! pardon me sir, am entering the wrong forum then.

But I’ve been thinking about re-installed with the the NEW Telline V 1.4 with the quickstart package since looks like is a better way to have no problem, like you said :).

Thank you Cornelio!!!</blockquote>

There is no Joomla 1.5.4-Teline II yet, but I requested that plus some more information in the update feedback, plus I started this thread:

New releases must be announced in the News and Announcement and Template Forum

to gather support from Members to clamor for this change. Joomlart is the only major one I use that does not follow standard protocol when it comes to updates and releases.

Please share your own views there, so that Joomlart would know that this added information is critical.

Cornelio

Menalto Friend

Cornelio, please read trough the treads before you post things like this. See here:

Its been released allready, if you have updated to the latest package and still have bugs, just continue to use this post here to report in bugs.
    And here is a link to the updated quickstart package JA uploaded yesterday: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downl...do=file&id=597

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@Menalto 65908 wrote:</em><blockquote>Cornelio, please read trough the treads before you post things like this. See here:

And here is a link to the updated quickstart package JA uploaded yesterday: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downl...do=file&id=597

</blockquote>

I read it where you stated Menalto,

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php

before your prior reprimand in the previous post.

If you visit the link you gave, I even responded to the link on it, to suggest that they should have a Joomla 1.5.4-JA Teline II QuickStart, if you read my comment there. So, I not only read through it, I even took action.

And I am aware from reading a number of threads that I participated in, including this oneas well as PM, that there is going to be a new release. Hainn stated it with some of the fixes.

But I do not visit the download section that much. I do not know if people visit either.

I take my postings seriously.
    . I checked not only the link you cited, and as I stated, responded to it. I also checked the Sections where I think they should be posted correctly:

Here is what was released, as of this writing:

1. Quickstart included Joomla! 1.5.3 + Template & Extensions installation packages
    2. http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=597
      So, my response to
      <em>@cgc0202 65884 wrote:</em><blockquote>There is no Joomla 1.5.4-Teline II yet, </blockquote>

is accurate. I never stated that there was no new release ot the Teline II, if your read my post above again. What her problem was about Fantastico and the Joomla version used by Fantastico, so my post

<em>@cgc0202 65884 wrote:</em><blockquote>There is no Joomla 1.5.4-Teline II yet, </blockquote>

is relevant and no inconsistent with what is the current latest release:

Joomla 1.5.3-Teline IIv1.4

There is no assurance that TelineII v1.4 will be compatible with Joomla 1.5.4.

3. I suggested also that this critical Announcement should be made in the Announcements Forum, as well as a sticky in the JA Teline II Forum
    4. When I posted the above response, neither has been done.– i.e., this key announcement was not posted in either section. This is true, as of this writing.

Frankly, I consider the Poll about Site of the Month, a misplaced used of the Announcement Forum. But, that is my own view.

The Announcement should be the place where key developments are communicated by the Joomlart staff. It used to be.

5. I also have a more important reason for posting that new thread:
    6. <em>@cgc0202 65884 wrote:</em><blockquote>
      but I requested that plus some more information in the update feedback, plus I started this thread:

New releases must be announced in the News and Announcement and Template Forum

to gather support from Members to clamor for this change. Joomlart is the only major one I use that does not follow standard protocol when it comes to updates and releases.

Please share your own views there, so that Joomlart would know that this added information is critical.

Cornelio</blockquote>

and quite a few people agree with my thoughts on that already.

7. I also told mayke, to create a new thread in Teline II Forum, and we can discuss it there -because you cautioned people not to go off topic in this thread that you created here.

I hope this difference will not cause a divide between us Menalto. But, I did my assignment before I posted my response. I do not find any of them to be inaccurate — at the time it was posted, or even now.

Cornelio

Menalto Friend

No problems, i know your feelings about this.
    After the release of V1.4 of Teline, i know some people have upgraded(since i asked them to try).
    But their major problems is still there.

So at this stage i cant tell people to upgrade and their problems will go away, if you want to upgrade please do so at your own risks.
    If it is going to continue like this i am afraid Teline wont be stable until we reach V2 of it.

This upgrade process have not been documented good enough so the normal user can upgrade their site without loosing their data they have today.

mayke Friend

Hello Menalto,

I have download again and installed new Jateline V1.4 with quickstart and got this warning : Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied modules/mod_janews/helper.php on line 108
    what should I do? confused as new kids here…

Thank you.

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@Menalto 65937 wrote:</em><blockquote>No problems, i know your feelings about this.
    After the release of V1.4 of Teline, i know some people have upgraded(since i asked them to try).
    But their major problems is still there.

So at this stage i cant tell people to upgrade and their problems will go away, if you want to upgrade please do so at your own risks.
    If it is going to continue like this i am afraid Teline wont be stable until we reach V2 of it.

This upgrade process have not been documented good enough so the normal user can upgrade their site without loosing their data they have today.</blockquote>

That was why I did not even download it when I saw it was Joomla 1.5.3 and no documentation. It is like in psychiatric hospitals or senior homes where they keep giving patients old those colored pills, with no explanations. The unfortunate patients just take them.:)

Cornelio

mayke Friend

You were right Cornelio,

I just have no options as new member, when I start and want to use this template which is already V1.3, have no Idea to get which one is good among V1.3 or V1.4, install through fantastico or quickstart, the results is the same, there is must be something is going wrong.

But funny things are, there is nothing happened when installed on my local computer for trial?

As you said before:
    I have not had problems with Joomla1.5-Teline II QuickStart installation. And, it is really quick. 🙂
    Would you mind to inform me which version of your teline?

Thank you.

mayke Friend

<em>@mayke 65965 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello Menalto,

I have download again and installed new Jateline V1.4 with quickstart and got this warning : Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied modules/mod_janews/helper.php on line 108
    what should I do? confused as new kids here…

Thank you.</blockquote>

———

Just solved my first problem, I just drag the resized folder from my local computer to my server and the message is gone.

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@mayke 65972 wrote:</em><blockquote>You were right Cornelio,

I just have no options as new member, when I start and want to use this template which is already V1.3, have no Idea to get which one is good among V1.3 or V1.4, install through fantastico or quickstart, the results is the same, there is must be something is going wrong.

But funny things are, there is nothing happened when installed on my local computer for trial?

As you said before:
    Would you mind to inform me which version of your teline?

Thank you.</blockquote>

Hi mayke,

I have installed both Joomla 1.0.15-Teline II and Joomla 1.5.3-Teline II., and never had problems getting the Demo. Right now, most of the “working sites” I have prepared were based on Joomla 1.0.15 because the key applications I need are native in Joomla 1.0x but just legacy in Joomla 1.5x.

I did encounter some problems at the beginning with Joomla 1.0.15-Teline II, but I am more familiar with it, and I have solved most of them by trial and error, and some by serendipity. The one major problem I cannot solve, is posted here (#3).

I will slowly move to the Joomla 1.5x-Teline II because I want to try the beta JA News component — it has features that I want not found in the current JA News. But, I hit a roadbloack immediately with JA News component — again, no adequate instructions.

There are more bugs with Joomla 1.5.3-Teline II. There is a major bug due to Joomla 1.5.3 that many people mistakenly think was due to the template.

Some problems are due to your server or hosting service provider. If you are having problems that might be due to your server, I can let you try install in one of my hosting accounts. I can setup everything and you do the Easy Install procedure.

Through collaborative hard work, mainly with the help of Menalto, a few Moderators, and quite a few users of Joomla 1.5.3, we have resolved many of the problems that have been commonly experienced by quite a few users.

Menalto and Chris resolved quite a few problems together. Check the original posts of Chris (questbg), the first guy who responded to this thread. We also have other collaborations, search Victor.

We have resolved three major problems this week:

1. [quickstart installation] ja news 1.3.1 shows only partial text or nothing
    2. http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/quickstart-installation-ja-news-1-3-1-shows-only-partial-text-or-nothing/

3. Template does not apply correctly to all pages
    4. http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/template-does-not-apply-correctly-to-all-pages/
      This is a user induced problem for not following instructions (that are non-existent :),so you cannot blame the user completely for making the mistakes. I learned from my own mistakes by trial and error. It is much easier to solve when using Joomla 1.0x, and quite more difficult to solve in Joomla 1.5x, but after a number of exchanges, we found a solution that worked, based from the feedback

5. After many weeks discussing this: I think I found a solution for this problem:

6. Spacing around an image or lack thereof — a common problem that requires a solution

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/spacing-around-an-image-or-lack-thereof-a-common-problem-that-requires-a-solution/
      and included a separate solution by VisiGod

I think if there are manuals, and more people like Menalto, we should not be experiencing so much of these problems.

This thread of Menalto is meant to help solve those tricky problems.

If you know how to install the QuickStart now, you should have no problem installing the Joomla 1.5.4 on your own. The Web based easy install is the same for all Joomla 1.5.x. I did not read anything suggesting any change on the installation. What is nice about Joomla 1.5x also is that it is less confusing to install extensions than doing the same with Joomla 1.0x.

However, as Menalto reported above, there might still be some problems with the supposed fixed version of JA Teline v1.4. So, I am not wasting my time.

Cornelio

mayke Friend

SEE! I

As always works with fun!
    am sure there is lot’s of hopes will be just fine when the collaboration become the foundation and starts singing together.

And Telline V1.4 quickstart for joomla 1.5x problems majority is in my server permission that I found at the moment but it solved now. Maybe I am out of of the topics if am asking more than what menalto put on the first threads at this forum. Any contact details?

Thank you Cornelio.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 82 total)

This topic contains 82 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  RDCWebMan 14 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum