Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)
  • Author

Do you have any specific bugs with this template?
    Please use this here to describe the problem:
    *——————————————————————–*

– Url:
    – Joomla version:
    – Host:
    – PHP version:
    – Mysql version:
    – Template version:
    – Quickstart package:
    – which WYSIWYG editor?
    – Template modifications:
    – Which modules installed? If quickstart package write quickstarpackage.
    – Other add on’s installed? If you have installed other 3rd party add on’s try to un install them and see if you still have this problem.
    – Description of problem:

NOTE: ALL OTHER POSTS THAN REPORT IN BUGS WILL BE IGNORED/DELETED

questbg Friend

http://www.joomla.questbg.com (test site under construction)

Joomla 1.5.3 / Teline II. MySql v. 5.0.22. Editor: Tiny MCE 2.0. Only additional add-on is Joom!Fish v2.0 beta. Full demo site installed initially.

I’d like to start with this constant problem of the image spacing which many Teline II users have already reported. Spacing applied in the editor does not work in the browser, unless, a caption is applied to the image (or so I believe).

Here’s the problem in more detail:

Here is the HTML as setup in the Article Editor and I have 14 pixels horizontal space applied to the image:

But, when I publish the article, the horizontal space is gone and images touches text:

This is the Page Source, viewed in Firefox:

So, my real question here is why is the browser actually ignoring the 14 pixels horizontal space?

In the course of messing around this morning, I actually discovered something really weird…

If I apply a caption to the image, the horizontal spacing works fine! Everytime I decide not to have a caption, then same problem, the text is always touching the image and the ‘spacing’ has been ignored in the browser!

Be back with more later!

cgc0202 Friend

Thanks for this Menalto,

The major problem that I encountered involved disappearance of the JA News in a Joomla 1.0xx-JA Teline II. I have solved all the problems I encountered, except this.

1. URL — I can send you this only in private. It is technically not my site. I just helped a group create their site. And, they are very private reluctant to share the admin details — unless I fully trust the person. I sent you a previous email on this. I will provide you actual URL and admin privileges, if you look at it.
    2. Host: site5.com
    3. PHP Version: 4.4.8
    4. Mysgl: 4.1.22
    5. Template version: Whatever is part of the Joomla1.0.15-JA Teline II Quickstart kit
    6. .Quickstart package: Joomla1.0.15-JA Teline II Quickstart
    7. – which WYSIWYG editor? whatever is default in the QuickStart kit: TinyMCE 2.0
    8. Template modifications: Standard logo changes, mostly unpublishing of modules not being used
    9. Which modules installed? If quickstart package write quickstarpackage.Quickstart kit
    10. Other add on’s installed? : CB v.1.1, Fireboard 1.0.4
    11. -If you have installed other 3rd party add on’s try to un install them : and see if you still have this problem. I tried to install the Gavick extensions: news and tab modules and the slide show. Uninstalling these extensions did not return the JA News module. In previous error (first time) in another site, I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest JA News, it restored the JA News, but it must have been buggy or the messed up site contributed to it — all the images restrictions disappeared — large images in Home Page, so layout is all messed up
    12. Description of problem:
    13. The group wanted slide show and some other features. I thought the initial error when I installed the Gavick extensions were just a fluke. So, I tried it again. The Gavick extensions uploaded successfully but the News was not linking properly to the Sections. The slide show worked, but the captions were messed up, — all are displayed.they do not slide correspondingly with the appropriate image — as a result they overlapped with JA Frontpage.

So, I decided to uninstall all of them. There was no problem for a bit. But, after restoring everything, I do not know what triggered it, the JA News disappeared. I am hesitant to uninstall old then reinstall the current JA News because it caused more problems.

I have installed quite a few Joomla1.0.15-JA Teline II Quickstart, I never experience the problem in these other installation, with the other extensions (CB, Fireboard). So, there is no problem with the other extensions or the scripts (PHP, Mysql) systems installed in the servers that I use

salvomic Friend

– Url: http://snipurl.com/2vr4d
    – Joomla version: 1.5.3
    – Host:
    – PHP version: 5.2
    – Mysql version: 5.x
    – Template version: Ja Teline II
    – Quickstart package:
    – which WYSIWYG editor?
    – Template modifications: few or nothing
    – Which modules installed? If quickstart package write quickstarpackage. Phocagallery
    – Other add on’s installed? If you have installed other 3rd party add on’s try to un install them and see if you still have this problem.

I installed Phocagallery plugin, it works with other templates, but with JA Teline II it show very bad in frontpage and News section (non in other pages) in Internet Explorer 7.
    I asked to the Phocagallery author and he, correctly, says that the problem is in the template, but …where?

In IE7 I see “Skip to content”, “Skip to main navigation” … and then all the rest as the CSS wouldn’t show…

Disabling the plugin all it’s ok.

gaygiorgia Friend

<em>@salvomic 65400 wrote:</em><blockquote>*——————————————————————–*

– Url: http://snipurl.com/2vr4d
    – Joomla version: 1.5.3
    – Host:
    – PHP version: 5.2
    – Mysql version: 5.x
    – Template version: Ja Teline II
    – Quickstart package:
    – which WYSIWYG editor?
    – Template modifications: few or nothing
    – Which modules installed? If quickstart package write quickstarpackage. Phocagallery

I installed Phocagallery plugin, it works with other templates, but with JA Teline II it show very bad in frontpage and News section (non in other pages) in Internet Explorer 7.
    I asked to the Phocagallery author and he, correctly, says that the problem is in the template, but …where?

In IE7 I see “Skip to content”, “Skip to main navigation” … and then all the rest as the CSS wouldn’t show…

Disabling the plugin all it’s ok.

*——————————————————————–*</blockquote>
    i’ve had similar problem. disinstall the plugin, u do not need it. only gallery-tre module and component are necessary.

mabao Friend

Hi Menalto,
    Thanks for opening this tread. You are my last hope to resolve the following Teline bugs.
    1. Most serious: my Quickstart install (1.0.15) doesn’t generate pages equipped with the necessary meta tag:
    <meta http-equiv=”Content-Type” content=”text/html; charset=iso-8859-2″ />
    resulting in indefinite pages, where the language file’s iso specification doesn’t reflected, consequently: the browsers default to western, not to iso-8859-2, resulting bad character accents. This web-standard meta-tag is completely missing. As a temporary quick-fix, we forced the whole server to generate iso 8859-2 http response headers (with setting php default character set server wide).
    2. My All video module (everything is left as factory default: hyundai.flv and playlist.php sit in the video folder, while hyundai.flv.jpg is in the thumbnail subfolder) don’t show a playlist, consequently: no thumbnail image. When I add second flv file in the module’s media code box, than I get 2 rendition of the player module, where the top one is playing the first flv, while the second below is playing the second title at the same time. How to activate the playlist.php file (specially written by JoomlArt for 1.0.x), and to get thumbnail? How to add more title in the media code box?
    3. When you have a multi page article (like the ‘Example News item 4’ being the base to the Main menuLayoutsContent+2 column demonstration in the sample content) in the Article TOC you get misaligned the bullet.gifs (templatesja_teline_iiimagesbullet.gif´), not properly indented, resulting in collision with the text itself (you can see the grey bullets on top of ‘xa’, ‘ag’ letter-pairs, that is not functioning as bullets).

When you have some idea to resolve these bugs that would be much appreciated.
    PS
    Clean Teline II Quickstart install, ver. 1.2 (1.0.x with 1.0.15) on php 4.3, MySQL 4.0.24 server without any modifications, no extra modules. At the moment I study only a test install on a subdomain of my planned live site http://blog.pezsi.eu.

Thanks a lot:
    Attila

salvomic Friend

<em>@gaygiorgia 65672 wrote:</em><blockquote>i’ve had similar problem. disinstall the plugin, u do not need it. only gallery-tre module and component are necessary.</blockquote>

thanks, but the plugin, what it should do?
    If I would use in an article the “{}” syntax of Phocagallery, I couldn’t use it, if I deinstall the plugin, isn’t it?

for now I deinstall it, but…

cheers
    Salvo

gaygiorgia Friend

<em>@salvomic 65691 wrote:</em><blockquote>thanks, but the plugin, what it should do?
    If I would use in an article the “{}” syntax of Phocagallery, I couldn’t use it, if I deinstall the plugin, isn’t it?

for now I deinstall it, but…

cheers
    Salvo</blockquote>
    install:
    phocagallery component
    phocagallery tree module.

no more;)

salvomic Friend

<em>@gaygiorgia 65783 wrote:</em><blockquote>install:
    phocagallery component
    phocagallery tree module.

no more;)</blockquote>

many thanks 🙂

Salvo

mcseller Friend

always problems with ja_teline_ii v. 1.4 and mod_archive with quickstart too!!!

I pray you to do only one small test.

– archive the article titled “Stick to Code!”;
    – select a category like world or health (we need user8 and user9 modules active!);
    – click on archive menu (september 2006)

with firefox is ok but with ie7 no!!!

please help

Menalto Friend

They released the updated package way to early, so in basic its back to basic again.

mayke Friend

Hi Menalto,

My server only provide Joomla 1.52.
    Which version of Telline is best for Joomla 1.52?

Thank you.

mcseller Friend

<blockquote>always problems with ja_teline_ii v. 1.4 and mod_archive with quickstart too!!!

I pray you to do only one small test.

– archive the article titled “Stick to Code!”;
    – select a category like world or health (we need user8 and user9 modules active!);
    – click on archive menu (september 2006)

with firefox is ok but with ie7 no!!!

please help</blockquote>

the problem is only with ie7. I located it in template.css (li.row1 and li.row2) but I cannot manage it to solve.

help please

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@mayke 65841 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Menalto,

My server only provide Joomla 1.52.
    Which version of Telline is best for Joomla 1.52?

Thank you.</blockquote>

Hi mayke,

Are you using Fantastico? If you are, then this is one of the problems of Fantatisco — they do not always have the latest.

Why not download the Joomla1.5.3-Teline II QuickStart kit and install as a kit? Then you have the latest version.

Cornelio

mayke Friend

Hi CGC,

Yes I am using fantastico, the reason is for me to got no pain when I have to update the Joomla version.
    Am little bit confused using quickstart, special for Teline II since they’ve released lot’s of updated templates.
    I have installed with joomla 1.5 with telline ii v 1.3, looksfine, but something is going wrong, the jazin plug ins give this error in Advanced Parameters : elements not define for type=list – this is for all of the items in here.
    Trying to figure out but is to many thing to do…

Am I wrong?

Thank you

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)

This topic contains 82 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  RDCWebMan 14 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum