Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • Author

<em>@phill luckhurst 458891 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have just checked and it sees Adam M is dealing with your JA Muzic issue. Can I have links to the threads your other issues are in please?</blockquote>
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/bookshop-and-sample-data-setup-does-not-work/.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi Guys,

Been through all the posts here and I agree with each one of you.

Here is the current state of our infrastructure :

1. Joomla is 3.x latest without user database.
    2. membership and ACL maintained by amember script.
    3. Forum has its own DB but depends on amember for users and permissions.
    4. Kayako has its own DB but depends on amember for users and permissions.

All except Joomla are due for upgrades but it is not that easy, we have tried few times last year and we had issues. The most important of all is our forums as it has too much of user generated content. We are moving it to other script soon, so next time on we should not be losing any of forum requests. We lost over 1200+ posts in Teline V forum, the whole forum is empty and its too much of pain to see that happen.

What happened post server and DB crash is human error which was not identified before the server crash and none of us are happy about it, to see ourselves in this position again and again is sheer helplessness. Hung Dinh (CEO) and me believe in mentoring people in the company and give them all the resources and freedom to execute the responsibilities that comes with the position, while not blaming the person in charge but the human error has us both worried.

Yes, we are supposed to be having daily backups and we did have them, such is the case that they are rendered useless, I can point fingers but that does not solve the issue and we are fixing the way we operate, we never had such issues before maximum data loss in cases was limited to a day. To be frank, to be caught in such situations where we have to work our ass off to fix things which are not supposed to happen is sheer hell.

Guys in previous reply said about lunar year, yes some of our dev team is based out of south east asia where the lunar year is important but never has it happened in any year that more than 30% of staff is off, we are still in functional mode and attending support requests as routine, post this crash issue we have removed the limited support notice and the team has been asked to be online from home and work to make sure we do not have overdues. The notice of limited support is for the issues which may need us to pull back the devs who are not associated with support tasks.

I myself is handling 90% of all issues related to accounts and logins personally and not leaving it to my team as I want to be sure that all are taken care in the shortest possible time with full satisfaction of the member.

We just merged more of the missing members database today but had to force change usernames for some, earlier just 60+ users username were forced changed I do not have the exact number of forced username change for second merge as on now but its 100-200+ I think. We would be sending emails to those members for resetting their passwords and get going with the assigned username with option to get back to us to get it changed to original usernames, which would need to be done manually.

I am devastated with the loss of so much of forum data, memberships we will restore and manage but forum data was precious.

Arvind

robert12345 Friend

siur ok nice

robert12345 Friend

very nice, very nice, very nice

obustamante Friend

Hello Arvind

I was redirected to this forum to request a reconnect to one of the site builders

Site URL: http://d07f6382f8ed815be9c2c042bce742a9.site.joomlart.com/
    Admin URL: http://d07f6382f8ed815be9c2c042bce742a9.site.joomlart.com/administrator/

Can these please be re-activated?

Thank you

By the way… In business and life stuff happens. I am very confident that Joomlart staff will bounce back with flying colors!!:)

Oscar Bustamante

robertx953 Friend

Nice es bueno saber ese tipo de informacio, ahora por favor dejenme descargar mi tema. Gracias

joomlafans Friend

I understand why some are extremely unhappy about this. however Its unfair to dismiss the hard work and robust products joomlart has been providing us for along time because of a system failure which happened during a holiday. someone even went to the extent of saying “the worst Joomla club”? Get a grip these things happen. Digital data loss while unfortunate still happens to the best of us including big companies, Banks, and Government.
    Joomlart are addressing this in a timely manner, some staff even skipped the holidays to work on this as I read. and I am sure they will keep us satisfied and meet our expectations.

Have a nice day

Aratype Friend

<blockquote> “the worst Joomla club”? </blockquote>

Really? Please tell us who is the best? I believe Joomlart is the best ever made Joomla template provider.

IT is a risky job and even when we believe that we optimized all the life cycle of our work something will happen.

I think guys you will recover this issue soon… Think about hosting companies who have efficient DR and do a automatic double backup for yourself.

Have a nice holiday, we will continue after Business as usual!

obustamante Friend

Arvind

All leaders face adversity. Stay focused on the prize.:) Joomlart will be better now than before, because of what happened. Simply a wake-up call.

Management (infrastructure) is another side of business. This will give new policies for the workers of procedures or their not ready for Joomlart.

Oscar Bustamante

marcelo66 Friend

Ok. Excelent

drtaji Friend

Hi, @drarvindc

Sorry for wot happened.

I have JATC Standard Membership – 1 year. I’m unable to find download area for Joomla templates as there are no links appearing.

Kindly help me ASAP.

cheers,
    drTaji

palcodeportivo Friend

I renew JATC Standard Membership – 1 year. Our Invoice Number: 43297 . There are no payments in our history. Help us @drarvindc

Aratype Friend

Dear Arvind,

If it was not possible to recover the forum for Teline V you may ask people to put again their questions “and answers if they have answers” this will recover in somehow the forum…

powersafe Friend

Hi, when will activate the download page? Thank You: ((

Phill Moderator

The downloads are active and working. If you have a current subscription please contact the team as per the first post in this thread and your issues will be investigated.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)

This topic contains 59 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  dave_3d 9 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum