Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)
  • Author

@sjcps123 & @cristiano : your memberships have all been recovered successfully so you guys can download our products no problem now.

jfrederiksen Friend

<em>@drarvindc 458677 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi guys,

Please forgive me if I do not sound convincing. Overnight we lost 30 days of forum data and yes that includes the invaluable 1200+ posts from the Teline V forum……..

Arvind</blockquote>

Hi Arvind,

I can of course only speak for myself and for me this forum crash does not just “cause inconvenience” – it is a medium disaster. Like many other I use the forum to get valuable tips and information and its a big problem for me when I cant find those threads anymore.

That said, I can keep on bitching or move forward. I choose the last and with that I also have a suggestion.

Tell us what went wrong and what you are going to do, to make sure this never happens again. I can understand if you loose max 24 hours of data, but I don´t understand how you can loose 30 days (well – it must be more than 30 days as I still can´t find my posts from last year)????

Is you backup system not working and don´t you regularly test your backups?

Regards

fahitax Friend

I don’t get answers at all, what the hell !!!
    many here don’t care because they were not effected.

I need answers for my open cases, now

Adam M Moderator

Hi @calavaro,

Just to clarify that the support forum / ticket system still work as normal but the response time might slower a little bit due to the Lunar New Year holidays. If you have any question or need any further assistance, feel free to submit your question and we will do out best to help you out.

@fahitax :

Please accept our apology for any inconvenient you got. Normally, after you reply to any topic, it will be put into queue and have to be approved by our moderator (we won’t delete your post without leaving a note there). We always try to solve your question as soon as possible but as you know, all questions are not the same, some can be solved very quickly but some others take time to be investigated and solved so your patient is much appreciated.

FYI : Actually due to the problem, most of staffs from support department have to skip the holidays to fix this problem.

Phill Moderator

<em>@jfrederiksen 458827 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Arvind,

I can of course only speak for myself and for me this forum crash does not just “cause inconvenience” – it is a medium disaster. Like many other I use the forum to get valuable tips and information and its a big problem for me when I cant find those threads anymore.

That said, I can keep on bitching or move forward. I choose the last and with that I also have a suggestion.

Tell us what went wrong and what you are going to do, to make sure this never happens again. I can understand if you loose max 24 hours of data, but I don´t understand how you can loose 30 days (well – it must be more than 30 days as I still can´t find my posts from last year)????

Is you backup system not working and don´t you regularly test your backups?

Regards</blockquote>

I d not know the ins and outs of all this but from my own experience huge DBs can be problematic. Backups are easy but restoring them you can run into all sorts of issues such as server timeouts etc. Last time I ran into this kind of issue I spent over 50hrs trying to fix things and still lost a few days of data.

Well done to the team and hopefully you can get a well deserved break soon.

Phill Moderator

<em>@calavaro 458743 wrote:</em><blockquote>So one is to assume that all the scheduled help and progress has been 100% lost? And normal operations for help for paying customers isn’t to be had until 23-24 February? Is that correct?

Lately it seems it’s one thing after another with Joomlart… broken templates (both Muzic and Bookshop do not work as advertised), forum Db wipe out, Chinese New Year (plan for this and hire outside help. It comes every year after all)…
    It certainly looks and feels like you have left your customers out to dry.
    I’m very disappointed.</blockquote>

Every year since the start of JA the team in Vietnam have celebrated their annual Lunar festival. It is the big celebration of the year there and much of the country shuts down. This is similar to how much of Europe stops for Christmas, the US stopping for thanks giving etc. We all need our breaks or we would go bonkers.

JA are fortunate that they have people in other countries who will help fill the gaps. The only difference is with more complex problems, it may take a little longer than usual to resolve.

The DB failure was just one of those things and timing about as bad as it gets. Sorry if it has caused problems, but many people are working hours to keep the impact on customers as minimal as possible.

calavaro Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 458849 wrote:</em><blockquote>Every year since the start of JA the team in Vietnam have celebrated their annual Lunar festival. It is the big celebration of the year there and much of the country shuts down. This is similar to how much of Europe stops for Christmas, the US stopping for thanks giving etc. We all need our breaks or we would go bonkers.

JA are fortunate that they have people in other countries who will help fill the gaps. The only difference is with more complex problems, it may take a little longer than usual to resolve.

The DB failure was just one of those things and timing about as bad as it gets. Sorry if it has caused problems, but many people are working hours to keep the impact on customers as minimal as possible.</blockquote>

And I’m only a stones-throw away from Vietnam… In Thailand and Laos. They both celebrate Chinese New Year as well (and Chirstmas and last day of calendar New Year and Songkran, the water festival New Year and so on…), so I am very familiar with South East Asian celebrations.
    However, every other company I work with and pay service fees to, do not stop to support me during any of the New Years the celebrate. The support is 100% the same. You know why? The New Years are every year and they plan for it so there are no disruptions. Having over 220,000 members, AFAIK, should offer a clue to Joomlart that any sort of shut down or reduction in service will significantly impact its customer base, specially the paying customers. It’s trivial to plan and execute a one week contingency plan.

Second. If you lose your database an entire MONTH there is a significant problem with management at Joomlart (this is also not the first time it has happened). I can understand losing up to 24 HOURS of data in a catastrophic failure, but losing 30 DAYS is inexcusable and frightening. It’s trivial to run a incremental backup daily or even every few hours and have it stored on and off location. Backup solutions is the very first thing you setup properly for any website, doesn’t matter how robust you think it is. Everything fails, it’s just a matter of when. Losing 30 DAYS of data is horrible.
    Personally I think Joomlart should compensate ALL members with 30 days extra subscription at no charge, to say sorry. It does not cover the loss of combined community knowledge but at least shows the willingness to take responsibility for their total and complete failure.

calavaro Friend

<em>@Adam M 458829 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @calavaro ,

Just to clarify that the support forum / ticket system still work as normal but the response time might slower a little bit due to the Lunar New Year holidays. If you have any question or need any further assistance, feel free to submit your question and we will do out best to help you out.</blockquote>

I have replied to your response in the Muzic forum.

But I’ll detail my frustrations about BookShop here.

1. BookShop does not work with the latest MijoShop at all (which is not stated anywhere on Joomlart as a warning).

2. The sample data setup for older versions, as detailed here: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-build-mijoshop-3-sample-data-after-installing-ja-bookshop-quickstart/ does not work 100% either. It does not setup the shop as the demo site. So you are showing a demo that we can not replicate, leading to false promises and frustrations. Specially since the support staff only replies “please wait for update”…. but no ETA is given, leading to loss of time and a waste of subscription to MijoShop (I’d actually like a refund from Joomlar for my subscription fee to MijoShop as I was misled by the BookShop promises).

3. If there is a way to make the BookShop install look and fuction 100% as the Demo, please detail exactly how to do it.

4. All of these things lead direclty to me not being able to deliver MY work in a timely manner which directly and indirectly leads to loss of business.

jfrederiksen Friend

<em>@calavaro 458856 wrote:</em><blockquote>Second. If you lose your database an entire MONTH there is a significant problem with management at Joomlart (this is also not the first time it has happened). I can understand losing up to 24 HOURS of data in a catastrophic failure, but losing 30 DAYS is inexcusable and frightening. It’s trivial to run a incremental backup daily or even every few hours and have it stored on and off location. Backup solutions is the very first thing you setup properly for any website, doesn’t matter how robust you think it is. Everything fails, it’s just a matter of when. Losing 30 DAYS of data is horrible.
    </blockquote>

I agree with @calavaro 100% and this is why I think Joomlart should tell us how they will make sure it does not happen again.
    What changes will you make to your setup?

czipeng Friend

when i read the red words i still can not download

Phill Moderator

<em>@jfrederiksen 458861 wrote:</em><blockquote>I agree with @calavaro 100% and this is why I think Joomlart should tell us how they will make sure it does not happen again.
    What changes will you make to your setup?</blockquote>

Arvind has already stated that there will be a move off of VB. As the incident has only just happened more work needs to be done on the how and why and what can be done moving forward.

Maybe we can now move on and leave this thread for those requiring help rather than a trial by forum.

calavaro Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 458866 wrote:</em><blockquote>Arvind has already stated that there will be a move off of VB. As the incident has only just happened more work needs to be done on the how and why and what can be done moving forward.

Maybe we can now move on and leave this thread for those requiring help rather than a trial by forum.</blockquote>

Moving off of VB doesn’t change the underlying problem… just a feeble attempt of trying to shift blame to VB.

Anyway where should we send our grievances? No channel to do so, eh? Just shut up and put up, right?

I need a lot of help for 2 builds. 1 on Muzic template and the other on BookShop template… are you helping?

Phill Moderator

<em>@calavaro 458869 wrote:</em><blockquote>Moving off of VB doesn’t change the underlying problem… just a feeble attempt of trying to shift blame to VB.

Anyway where should we send our grievances? No channel to do so, eh? Just shut up and put up, right?

I need a lot of help for 2 builds. 1 on Muzic template and the other on BookShop template… are you helping?</blockquote>

The VB DB is very big, massive in fact. Splitting the DB into smaller chunks will help a lot and part of that is moving off VB. So please, it is not a lame excuse but we really do not need a full dissection here. This thread is simply an explanation of what went wrong and a place for those still suffering with account issues to inform us so they will get fixed.

Please keep your problems regarding Bookshop and Muzic in their relevant forums where we will be more than happy to help. Those issues will get lost if you post them in this tread.

If you are not happy with these responses and wish to file a grievance, please raise a support ticket and the team can respond directly, via live chat if required.

calavaro Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 458873 wrote:</em><blockquote>The VB DB is very big, massive in fact. Splitting the DB into smaller chunks will help a lot and part of that is moving off VB. So please, it is not a lame excuse but we really do not need a full dissection here. This thread is simply an explanation of what went wrong and a place for those still suffering with account issues to inform us so they will get fixed.

Please keep your problems regarding Bookshop and Muzic in their relevant forums where we will be more than happy to help. Those issues will get lost if you post them in this tread.

If you are not happy with these responses and wish to file a grievance, please raise a support ticket and the team can respond directly, via live chat if required.</blockquote>

I have posted 2 threads and opened support ticket. How long do you think it’ll take before I get a reply which satisfies all points with the template problems? I was waiting over 2 weeks before the DB crash… is it going to be 2 weeks more? a month? 6 months?

Phill Moderator

I have just checked and it sees Adam M is dealing with your JA Muzic issue. Can I have links to the threads your other issues are in please?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)

This topic contains 59 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  dave_3d 9 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum