Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

1. BookShop does not work with the latest MijoShop at all (which is not stated anywhere on Joomlart as a warning).

2. The sample data setup for older versions, as detailed here: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showt…hop-Quickstart does not work 100% either. It does not setup the shop as the demo site. So you are showing a demo that we can not replicate, leading to false promises and frustrations. Specially since the support staff only replies “please wait for update”…. but no ETA is given, leading to loss of time and a waste of subscription to MijoShop (I’d actually like a refund from Joomlar for my subscription fee to MijoShop as I was misled by the BookShop promises).

3. If there is a way to make the BookShop install look and function 100% as the Demo, please detail exactly how to do it.

4. All of these things lead directly to me not being able to deliver MY work in a timely manner which directly and indirectly leads to loss of business.

Phill Moderator

Hopefully this thread will help you setup exactly as per the demo (bar images, which will be replaced with placeholders) – http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-build-mijoshop-3-sample-data-after-installing-ja-bookshop-quickstart/

Work on updating the the latest Mijoshop is in progress but as there are a lot of changes an ETA cannot be given. The older version does work and you can still use that until JA have updated.

calavaro Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 458897 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hopefully this thread will help you setup exactly as per the demo (bar images, which will be replaced with placeholders) – http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-build-mijoshop-3-sample-data-after-installing-ja-bookshop-quickstart/

Work on updating the the latest Mijoshop is in progress but as there are a lot of changes an ETA cannot be given. The older version does work and you can still use that until JA have updated.</blockquote>

Hmm, did you even read my post? It clearly links to the very same thread you linked. I also explained that it does NOT work.

(I’m using MijoShop 2.5.2 which is the latest version that supposedly works with BookShop according to Saguaros (another mod).)

Phill Moderator

Please detail exactly what doesn’t work. Simply saying “It doesn’t work” does not help diagnose your issue.

There is also detailed information with screenshots here – http://www.joomlart.com/documentation/joomla-templates/ja-bookshop#intro

calavaro Friend

I install the latest quickstart package of BookShop.

Then I follow this procedure 100%:

Step 1: Download and install component MijoShop as normal (Note: I install MijoShop 2.5.2 as per Saguaros suggestion)

Step 2: Download Mijoshop modules that we built in JA Bookshop:
    + Mijoshop Sidebar search: http://med.mijosoft.com/mijoshop/mod…sidebar-search
    + Mijoshop Most View: http://med.mijosoft.com/mijoshop/modules/55-most-viewed
    + Mijoshop Product Image Zoom: http://med.mijosoft.com/mijoshop/too…uct-image-zoom
    + Mijoshop Modules Accordion: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downl…o=file&id=3813
    + Mijoshop Modules Slider: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downl…o=file&id=3814

Note:
    Mijoshop Modules Accordion and Mijoshop Modules Slider are developed by JoomlArt which is aimed at enhancing the Mijoshop in our JA Bookshop template.

Have those files unzipped. You should unzip Mijoshop’s modules to folder …componentscom_mijoshopopencart and Joomlart’s modules to root folder.

Step 3: Download Mijoshop Theme that we built in JA Bookshop:
    JA Bookshop Theme for Mijoshop: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downl…o=file&id=3810 then unzip and copy to your site’s root folder.

Step 4: Download package images at ja_bookshop_sample_demo_images.zip then unzip and copy to your site’s root folder. Once done, you should see the images path: …componentscom_mijoshopopencartimagedata

5.2 Import SQL via MijoShop component:
    – Download SQL file from MijoShop at: https://mijosoft.com/downloads/mijosql/mijosql-free
    – Open file *.sql you just download and copy &paste into the MijoShop SQL tool, as seen in screenshort:

– Then click “Run Query”

Additional: I make sure I set the right menu and modules database prefix.
    Result:
    1. [ INSERT INTO `<removed for security>_menu` (`id`, `menutype`, `title… ], rows: 13

2. [ INSERT INTO `<removed for security>_modules` (`id`, `asset_id`,… ], rows: 15

All steps complete well and SQL integration goes without error.
    I have PM’d you the URL with access details to view the result. As you see there is no shop integration on front page, there is no shopping cart in the top bar (next to “Settings”) and probably other faults as well.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @calavaro,

I have just rechecked the whole process and look like the sample data was exported from old version, therefore it’s missing some tables / settings for categories / products but I think it’s acceptable as you might want to add your own categories / products (we will update the sample data file asap).

Next, please follow these steps below to finish the setup :

1. Navigate to admin >>> Components >>> Mijoshop >>> Settings >>> choose Edit >>> switch to tab Store >>> in Template, choose bookshop.

2. In Mijoshop main panel >>> Extensions >>> Modules >>> install module Bestsellers, Joomlart MijoShop Products Accordion, Joomlart MijoShop Products Slider, Mijoshop Minicart, etc … to suite your need. The detailed instruction for these modules can be found here.

Note : You might have to navigate back to admin >>> Extensions >>> Module Manager >>> filter type MijoShop – All-in-One >>> re-configure the module settings if you didn’t see it display correctly in front-end. For example I checked the module Most Viewed and see that it selected the wrong module from Mijoshop.

If you still have any question or need further assistance, don’t hesitate to let me know.

calavaro Friend

<em>@Adam M 459468 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @calavaro ,

I have just rechecked the whole process and look like the sample data was exported from old version, therefore it’s missing some tables / settings for categories / products but I think it’s acceptable as you might want to add your own categories / products (we will update the sample data file asap).

Next, please follow these steps below to finish the setup :

1. Navigate to admin >>> Components >>> Mijoshop >>> Settings >>> choose Edit >>> switch to tab Store >>> in Template, choose bookshop.

2. In Mijoshop main panel >>> Extensions >>> Modules >>> install module Bestsellers, Joomlart MijoShop Products Accordion, Joomlart MijoShop Products Slider, Mijoshop Minicart, etc … to suite your need. The detailed instruction for these modules can be found here.

Note : You might have to navigate back to admin >>> Extensions >>> Module Manager >>> filter type MijoShop – All-in-One >>> re-configure the module settings if you didn’t see it display correctly in front-end. For example I checked the module Most Viewed and see that it selected the wrong module from Mijoshop.

If you still have any question or need further assistance, don’t hesitate to let me know.</blockquote>

@Adam M

Thanks for that. It helped a little, but it still does not function correctly.

1. When I add a product to “Compare” and then press continue it takes me to some other “version” of the Shop which is of course messed up (see pictures)

2. Further, the slideshow module does not work right. It only keeps using a Canon brand image no matter what I set it to. How to solve that? And it does not function at all like the demo page slider.

3. How to add “Bestsellers” and “Latest” as on the BookShop demo page? (see image)

4. How do I change the URL – for example: /component/mijoshop/checkout/cart ? I need the “mijoshop” part to change to my own “whatever”. This is causing a lot of problems since everything else is setup with my own unique URL for the shop (eg. Shop links to “myshop”, not to “mijoshop”)

Note: The setup did not set the correct images sizes for “Latest products” etc… I had to find out the image sizes from the demo site and manually add them into the Mijoshop config. Quite tedious.

I’m afraid that all these issues are just symptoms of a larger problem (eg. the website/shop/template is not running right at all) and I will find more issues the further I get into the setup.

Are there any solutions to the above problems?

Edit: additional problem.
    When I try to create a user int he backend, I get the following error:

Error

Save failed with the following error: Unknown column ‘source’ in ‘field list’ SQL=INSERT INTO `<redacted for security>acymailing_subscriber` (`email`,`name`,`confirmed`,`enabled`,`userid`,`created`,`ip`,`source`,`key`) VALUES (’email@address.com’,’Username’,’1′,’1′,’169′,’1424610412′,'<IP address redacted>’,’joomla’,’t9fdjhfhUUEd’)

How to solve this problem?

1. wrong-url
    2. uSH86qO
    3. C6I6wOe
    Adam M Moderator

Hi @calavaro,

Please stay tuned while I’m checking this matter for you and I will reply back shortly. Your patient is much appreciated.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @calavaro,

Sorry for the delay. Could you please provide your site url with temporary back-end account via private reply so I can take a closer look and investigate the problem ?

calavaro Friend

<em>@Adam M 460540 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @calavaro ,

Sorry for the delay. Could you please provide your site url with temporary back-end account via private reply so I can take a closer look and investigate the problem ?</blockquote>

@Adam M

PM sent with info.

calavaro Friend

@Adam M
    Any updates??

Adam M Moderator

Hi @calavaro,

1. Currently, there are 2 menu items set to Latest Products so the shop page url is not recognized, please set 1 menu item to Latest Products only and the problem with continue button will be solved.

2. About the slideshow, all images are picked from OpenCart banner so you will have to configure it to suite your need, more detail you can take a look at short tutorial video here.

3. The instruction for this part can be found in JA Bookshop documentation, please note that these modules are published via module position “ja-tab” and this position is placed in Custom HTML module named JA Tabs, make sure you assigned this module to appropriate menu item in your shop too.

4. About SEF Urls, you can use sh404SEF to achieve your desire result.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Adam M 9 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum