Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author

I’m new to the club and I have never seen or heard of this process of installing everyhting including the demo site. Why would you want to do this?

ShannonN Friend

bigrk;14676I’m new to the club and I have never seen or heard of this process of installing everyhting including the demo site. Why would you want to do this?

Hi bigrk
    Welcome to JA

Well to answer your question, a lot of people complained that the delivered template never looked close enough to the look of the demo, which was a visual incentive to join, buy use that template.

Many new people who use JA ( myself included) had no real knowledge of the way Joomla works and found it confusing, difficult to get templates to have all the module positions, layout the same as the demos and complained.

JA said ok, here is the whole demo version put it up it will look work like our demo then you can edit remove what you don’t want etc

Basically ppl want an existing full site then sometimes just a new name and delete existing text and replace with your own is sufficient to get them going?

Once ppl get the hang of Joomla content, (sections, categories etc) they are more able to make their site from scratch.

I personally like the idea and think its a great response to the community

Cheers ShannonN

bigrk Friend

Thanks for the clarification! 😎 I will give it a try to see how I might like this approach. I do find the whole idea of doing it this way very interesting.

Randy

bigrk Friend

I have never had to do the install of Joomla but I am willing to learn. I could really use a step by step instructions on how to install the JA-Teline-Quickstart package. Would this possibly be available sometime soon? :confused:

ShannonN Friend

bigrk;14761I have never had to do the install of Joomla but I am willing to learn. I could really use a step by step instructions on how to install the JA-Teline-Quickstart package. Would this possibly be available sometime soon? :confused:

Go Here http://www.demoplaza.com/FlashHelp/Tutorial_Center.htm

Joomla beginners tutorials sub section etc
    If you really have problems PM me and i’ll write up a guide for you

Cheers ShannonN

bigrk Friend

<em>@ShannonN 14765 wrote:</em><blockquote>Go Here http://www.demoplaza.com/FlashHelp/Tutorial_Center.htm

Cheers ShannonN</blockquote>

Thanks but I am not using C-Panel and I want to install the QuickStart package and not just Joomla. If you are willing to write up a guide…why not just post it here for all to see. 😎

Randy

ShannonN Friend

bigrk;14776Thanks but I am not using C-Panel and I want to install the QuickStart package and not just Joomla. If you are willing to write up a guide…why not just post it here for all to see. 😎

Randy

Probably cause it will be a video tutorial with audio and be too big for JA to host? and my bandwidth on my host is generous but not enough for a few thousand connections a month

PM me and I’ll talk ya through it
    Cheers ShannonN

bigrk Friend

<em>@ShannonN 14765 wrote:</em><blockquote>Go Here http://www.demoplaza.com/FlashHelp/Tutorial_Center.htm

Thanks for your offer to help ShannonN.:) I was able to get the quickstart package installed and all is well. I have to admit that so far this is an excellent way to get started on building a new website. I absolutely love the JA-Teline Template. Thanks again for your offer to help and I now know why you are the Member of the Month.

ShannonN Friend

bigrk;14888Thanks for your offer to help ShannonN.:) I was able to get the quickstart package installed and all is well. I have to admit that so far this is an excellent way to get started on building a new website. I absolutely love the JA-Teline Template. Thanks again for your offer to help and I now know why you are the Member of the Month.

No worries, if you have any easy questions 🙂 yell. I’ll always try to assist
    Cheers ShannonN

mulatto Friend

<em>@Hung Dinh 12974 wrote:</em><blockquote>JA Teline is provided with a Quick start installation package including:

1. Joomla! 1.0.12 Stable [ Sunfire ] 25 December 2006 01:00 UTC
    2. JA Teline Template
    3. JA Teline Demo Site sample database

The installation is a step by step procedure as as a standard Joomla installation.
    Please note that this is for a FRESH INSTALLATION ONLY, ALL OF YOUR DATABASE WILL BE REPLACE WITH SAMPLE CONTENT of Demo site

500 Internal Server Error Resolution

If you are receiving a 500 Internal Server Error, we would ask that you follow Khanh Le’s instructions as listed below:</blockquote>

500 Internal Server Error just delete .htaccess

britop Friend

Hi Everyone,

I have a fresh Joomla Installation which I followed to a tee from a tutorial and everything appears to be working fine until I upload the template.

I browse for the template ZIP file and choose upload (I have already deleted the .htaccess file within the ZIP package contents)

I am using Firefox and it appears to be uploading the template, after which a firefox popup asks me if I want to open index2.php. I am really confused and was wondering if anybody had any ideas??

I thank everyone for their help in advance.:D

ShannonN Friend

britop;15081Hi Everyone,

I have a fresh Joomla Installation which I followed to a tee from a tutorial and everything appears to be working fine until I upload the template.

I browse for the template ZIP file and choose upload (I have already deleted the .htaccess file within the ZIP package contents)

I am using Firefox and it appears to be uploading the template, after which a firefox popup asks me if I want to open index2.php. I am really confused and was wondering if anybody had any ideas??

I thank everyone for their help in advance.:D

Use the quickstart package to install joomla and the template together with all the demo stuff

Cheers ShannonN

alaink2 Friend

<em>@Khanh Le 13154 wrote:</em><blockquote>When building the quickstart package, we assumed that all of you used to install a fresh Joomla at least one time. Install the quickstart is exactly the same way you install Joomla. Here are some simple instructions:

1. Create a mysql database. You should also know the username and password to access this database.
    2. Extract the quickstart package and upload to your host.
    3. Open your browser, browse to your url.
    4. The installation screeen will appear. Following the instructions step by step to finish installation.

For the step 1 and 2, you could ask your host provider if you cannot do yourself.

Is it simple?</blockquote>

I have tried this but it is not working, is there more help for this template?

ShannonN Friend

alaink2;15727I have tried this but it is not working, is there more help for this template?

Alaine
    What is NOT working for you? are you getting anything happening, what is your level of experience with Joomla, does your host use fantastico scripts to install Joomla

I can’t know what assistance to give without specifics

Cheers ShannonN

alaink2 Friend

<em>@ShannonN 15728 wrote:</em><blockquote>Alaine
    What is NOT working for you? are you getting anything happening, what is your level of experience with Joomla, does your host use fantastico scripts to install Joomla

I can’t know what assistance to give without specifics

here is the error message, : 403 Permission Denied
    You do not have permission for this request /mali/, my host is using fantastico
    , my host is bluehost, I did a fresh installation not in my root, but did not work, is there anything youcan tell me so I would be able to overcome this ?

this is on the only time packge of joomla that causing me trouble, I have installed joomla via fantastico before my host is also allowing me to installed it using my ftp, so any help ?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)

This topic contains 43 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  matthewschenker 15 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum