Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author

alaink2;15738here is the error message, : 403 Permission Denied
    You do not have permission for this request /mali/, my host is using fantastico
    , my host is bluehost, I did a fresh installation not in my root, but did not work, is there anything youcan tell me so I would be able to overcome this ?

this is on the only time packge of joomla that causing me trouble, I have installed joomla via fantastico before my host is also allowing me to installed it using my ftp, so any help ?

Permission denied means you dont have site permission to access the folders etc

you probably need to do a install to the root folder as thats what the system and db expects

I have a fantastico system and I have a way of getting around the insane db naming conventions etc but don’t want to confuse you, what I suggest if you email the host telling them what you want to do and if they are any good they will install it for you free of charge if they charge find another better host?

The system cannot create a db from the installer because the host has the root db folder outside your access area fantastico does this on shared hosting
    Cheers ShannonN

jasonre Friend

This worked great! I hope Joomlart does this for all their new templates! It makes setting up a site just like the demo site a breeze!

bigrk Friend

<em>@jasonre 16303 wrote:</em><blockquote>This worked great! I hope Joomlart does this for all their new templates! It makes setting up a site just like the demo site a breeze!</blockquote>

I agree! The Teline QuickStart Package was pure genious. What I really notice about this package is how it allows the user just getting started with Joomla to see how everything is related and works together such as categories, sections and modules. It helps break through the mysteries of creating a site with Joomla. Good job JA!

Carlos Gordillo Friend

Can I get dome help? I also have to deal with fantastico ; So this is what I get when I upload from in joombla

http://www.baltimorehudhomes.com/hud/

I up loaded the template
    and the modules
    wjat i missing

carlos

ShannonN Friend

carlitos101;16653Can I get dome help? I also have to deal with fantastico ; So this is what I get when I upload from in joombla

http://www.baltimorehudhomes.com/hud/

I up loaded the template
    and the modules
    wjat i missing

carlos

use the quickstart install instead of just uploading the template see my video tutorial on how to install teline locally

Same deal applies to your web site online except you upload the contents of the whole teline quickstart package (unzip first) to your site via ftp, change permissions on the configuration.php file to 777 and then type in the site url in the browser and install

Cheers ShannonN

2positive Friend

Hi, Shannon! Thanx for the wonderfull quick start package.
    I had to remove .htaccess to install it. But what if need to use SEF with this template? how do I do that?

ErikThorsen Friend

You can add your .htaccess file ( rather modify it ) after the installation. You just can’t install it when there is a file already there. So just modify the htacessfile which is there now or simply create a new one.

stnetwork Friend

<em>@turi1907 14427 wrote:</em><blockquote>It is total difficult for me to explain in English.
    Also, i have installed online. i checked instead of “install sample database” “drop database “ .
    Then i looked in the Php-myadmin, whether all database are in there. I didn’t import the data base.

Also das Ganze in Deutsch! Ich installierte joomla online.
    Anstatt “install sample database “drop” angekreuzt. Und dann schaute ich im PHP-Myadmin ob alles drin sind. Importiert habe ich nichts in die Datenbank.
    Gruss
    Turi</blockquote>

Die von JoomlArt bereitgestellte Installation beinhaltet die in der Demo sichtbaren Beispielinhalte. Deshalb wird explizit darauf hingewiesen, dass eventuell vorhandene Daten in der datenbank bei der Installation gelöscht werden. Die Beispielinhalte sind insofern sehr gut, weil man damit die vielen verschiedenen Möglichkeiten des Einsatzes der Module etc besser versteht. Dieses Template ist zwar eines der Besten die es gibt, jedoch auch recht komplex. Falls Shannon dir helfen konnte ist es ja ok, ansonsten mail mir.

Gruß Holger

vraymond Friend

Unfortunately I did not read this forum prior to installing the Ja_Telin template, but now that I’m reading it I would like to know how do I install the Quickstart version?

I just remove the regular template from the Joomla admin now each time I attempt to install the quickstart version it simply states that (“XML setup file is not for a “template”). ?

Please advise….
    thanks

ErikThorsen Friend

Have you read this entire thread?

Quickstart is not one single file that you upload and then all is dandy. You need to extract first and install the database dump in mysql ( myphpadmin or similar ) and so on.

It is a little process all in all.. Not just click on upload and install.

bigrk Friend

<em>@vraymond 23273 wrote:</em><blockquote>Unfortunately I did not read this forum prior to installing the Ja_Telin template, but now that I’m reading it I would like to know how do I install the Quickstart version?

I just remove the regular template from the Joomla admin now each time I attempt to install the quickstart version it simply states that (“XML setup file is not for a “template”). ?

Please advise….
    thanks</blockquote>

There is a tutorial on the quickstart package install located here: http://www.tutorials.joomlart.com/

danieldpr Friend

I am getting sql errors on step 2 – 3
    fresh install
    uploaded quickstart files, created db and user in cpanel

error

SQL=Table ‘jos_session’ already exists SQL=# Table structure for table `jos_session`nnCREATE TABLE `jos_session` (n `username` varchar(50) default ”,n `time` varchar(14) default ”,n `session_id` varchar(200) NOT NULL default ‘0’,n `guest` tinyint(4) default ‘1’,n `userid` int(11) defa

any ideas?

matthewschenker Friend

Hi,
    I just payed for membership, then downloaded and installed Teline. I cannot figure out how to get it configured, and I can’t find clear instructions here for it.

I see that there is a Quickstart, but I cannot figure out how to use it.

Are there clear step-by-step instructions anywhere on how to do this?

Thanks!

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

This topic contains 43 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  matthewschenker 15 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum