Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 75 total)
  • Author

<em>@norpe3s 175854 wrote:</em><blockquote>top menu or lower? 1024 px lcd okay</blockquote>

My screen is 1152 x 864. It is the top menu.

norpe3s Friend

<em>@gambalunga 175874 wrote:</em><blockquote>My screen is 1152 x 864. It is the top menu.</blockquote>

Hm

1024!!!!

site settings pixel 960 😉

please scrinshots

gambalunga Friend

<em>@norpe3s 175884 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hm
    site settings pixel 960 😉

please scrinshots</blockquote>

This is full size so that you can see it clearly.
    Note that the last item on the top menu has wrapped to the next line and is under the Home menu button. This applies in both Firefox and explorer but it may be because my browsers do not use the same language as yours and the fonts may require more space. I do not know. I hope this helps. Provided all your language viewers get a good result that is the only thing that is important.

norpe3s Friend

<em>@gambalunga 175996 wrote:</em><blockquote>This is full size so that you can see it clearly.
    Note that the last item on the top menu has wrapped to the next line and is under the Home menu button. This applies in both Firefox and explorer but it may be because my browsers do not use the same language as yours and the fonts may require more space. I do not know. I hope this helps. Provided all your language viewers get a good result that is the only thing that is important.

</blockquote>

😉
    now?
    edit description menu

gambalunga Friend

<em>@norpe3s 176011 wrote:</em><blockquote>;)
    now?
    edit description menu</blockquote>

Yes, the problem is that the menu descriptions are too long. I used Firebug to edit the menu descriptions and simply removed the exclamation mark ! and 3 full stops. You may not want to do that, but in any case if you shorten the menu descriptions by at least 3 or 4 characters it all comes on the one line.

See below

massepur Friend

First of all thanks to Denis, I am using you extension of the puritiy II theme and like it very much.

However, I have currently the problem that I resized the header to 602×116 and need a proper resized header-mask.png in green. And this seems to be not that easy as discussed in this thread . I followed the instruction in this post and the best result I got by resizing with gimp looked ok for ie and firefox but in chrome and safari you can still see the image borders behind the mask. I also tried building the mask from scratch, but this work out either. Actually, just opening the orignal mask-file and saving it with gimp without any modification results in this problem in safari and chrome.

So my questinon is how you (especially Denis) created the header mask, since the one provided by Denis look fine in all browsers. And if you used gimp, which extra options did you use?

Regards,
    Mase

denis25 Friend

If you understand French : Look at this
    😉

denis25 Friend

Thanks to gambalunga 😉
    I’ve made a mistake in Yellow color :-[
    layout > yellow-l-m-r.round.php
    in line 66 :

<<!-- MAIN CONTAINER -->

to be change like this :

<!-- MAIN CONTAINER -->

I will modify my ZIP this week-end

massepur Friend

<em>@denis25 179236 wrote:</em><blockquote>If you understand French : Look at this
    ;)</blockquote>

Thanks for this link. I actually dont understand French, but Im quite sure that with help of google-translate and the images I understood what you did. Actually, it was very close to what I tried before on myself. And, I tried it now again several time the way you described, but it was no change in the result unfortunately. I still have a darker green at the border of the mask, and thus no correct transition.
    But, I just explore that activating the option to “save the gamma-factor” when saving the image to png, solves the problem for firefox. But the issues remain for Safari, Chrome and even IE.

gambalunga has been so kind to offer me trying to build for me the mask with an old version of Jasc Paintshop Pro he has. But if you build your original masks with gimp, I’m stil keen to know how you did this. So in this case, it would be great if you could try to rebuild one mask, while trying to notice if you did something additional.

thanks in advance,
    Mase

gambalunga Friend

I must admit I get the same problem with my yellow mask now that I look at it more closely.

It is fine under Firefox but shows the edge in MS Internet Explorer.

hmmmmm!

I will look at it some more.

denis25 Friend

I created my masks with Photoshop Element, I will try with a header-mask made with The Gimp

massepur Friend

I tried it with Photoshop Elements, and there are no issues on the mask build there.

denis25 Friend

Just one thing !
    The “header-mask” must have 2px furthermore that the width of your image.

<blockquote>I resized the header to 602×116</blockquote>

if your images have 602×116 your header-mask must have 604×116

lesua Friend

I think the Purity 2 template is a very nice template with lots of features which other free templates never will have.

I did some customisation too with the help of this forum ofcourse.
    Besides the different template color styles I also wanted to do something about the width of the template.
    I didn’t like it so much that the top and bottom part streched all the way to the sides.

I put a new parameter in the template in which i can choose to let it strech to the sides of the screen, or take the width of the template and stop.
    In the last case you would be able to put a background image in the template.

In the backend you can also set the styles (1-4) for header, element and background picture.

If you want to take a look go to http://www.lesua.nl
    To take a look at the different styles, with the according background you can type the style behind the url.

lesua.nl/?tstyle=style1 (style2, style3 or style4)

I now use the standard style from purity, but i just wanted to be able to get other styles working.

Oh yes, the website is in dutch, but i guess that doesn’t matter for checking out the layout.

denis25 Friend

New version today 😉
    > Correction of a bug on the view yellow-l-m-r.round
    > Addition of the choice of display of “Screen Tools” and “Font Tools” since the administration of the template (Thanks to Doo89)

Link to get back the Zip

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 75 total)

This topic contains 75 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  gambalunga 13 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum