Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)
  • Author

Hi all,
    the problem with main menu is possible to solve using different layouts for each language assigning different menus for current lang in layouts. But the problem exist with components like search in example. Only default main_menu works correct, but this is not a solution!
    I tested it with Joomla 1.7.2 (current latest) and T3 v2 1.4.0 and of course T3 v2 blank template for 1.7.
    Any ideas ?
    P.S.
    maybe using different templates for each lang will work – till not tested by me.

paul.necsoiu Friend

I am very very disappointed. This problem is 4 months old and Joomlart don’t find any solution and this is not a minor problem but a major one.

valbap Friend

<em>@dade88 258178 wrote:</em><blockquote>I get confused with Purity II 😛

Anyway, I solved it by manually editing the DB trough phpmyadmin and now is working 🙂

Hope in future T3 Framework will have this feature, as it just about the ability to set a menu for each profile (or just not let it override all the profiles).</blockquote>

I Have the same problem… 4 laguages, 1 menu for each…but only one component assign to one language…so when seach box is used, menu is lost…

Can you explain if this is possible via DB? Wich table? Can you give us some details, please..?

kfloegel Friend

We have the same problem with missing multi language assignment details for the different menus to different Joomlart template themes.
    Joomla: 1.7.1
    JA Methys & JAT3 Plugin
    Even when you copy the whole template and assign it to the appropriate languages (for that you have built different language menu modules ..). Every time you change the menu module assignment in the new copy it is changed too in the original and vice versa.
    This bugs would be really appreciated to be solved and are definitely worth to be quickly revised. Because the workarounds are still not functioning for the other (core) components.
    Many thanks in advance 🙂
    Many thanks in advance

fvarona Friend

My (temporary) solution is this one:

I have two languages, english and spanish. I use one main menu (top menu), with one Home item (with its language set to “all languages”, mandatory) and then items for each language (one item for spanish, and another one, duplicated, for english, etc.), all of them in the same menu. Activating language filter plugin, only the items in the active language appear.

Then, I have two other “main menus”, one for english and one for spanish, with only one item each, the Home item, with the proper language asigned to each item, and activating them as “Home” item for each language.

This way, when the user chooses spanish language, the system knows how to respond (via the spanish menu item which is the default in spanish), and the same with english language.

The only problem is that I have to maintain the “Home” item with that word, in english and in spanish, because it is defined for all languages. This is not a big problem, because the word “Home” is easily understood in spanish.

Hope this helps.

pointel Friend

Hi,

the following is quoted from help.joomla.org/files/EN-GB_multilang_tutorial.pdf:

WARNING!
    Some templates available on the Net are not 1.7 compatible.
    They do not let you create duplicates of a style or, if they do, they do not
    let assign a different menu containing a specific language Default Home
    page per language assigned style.

Now, I don’t know if this is the case for JA T3 Templates, and I’d like to have an answer from a developer or the administrator of this forum.

All I can say is that there’s no use in duplicating a template for each active language (I know how to do it and I did it, now I have a template for each language) since I cannot save any of the template parameters individually. I mean, if I modify the italian clone, then the mods also apply to the other clones. So, I cannot assign different layouts for each template. I tried with other parameters, for example the one that hides the T3 logo, but still when I modify a template, the change applies to all the others too.

If I have a look at table #__template_styles, the params field is empty, so I guess T3 is not saving them at the DB level.

Could anyone please shed a bit of light on this issue, thank you.

Alfredo Tripicchio
    Pointel Communication
    Ischia, Naples, Italy

valbap Friend

I dont understand how there arent no more people with this problem… This is not a small problem…this is the biggest problem of all… in these days there’s no website thats not a multilanguage one.

Ja purity II, for me, is the frontface of joomlart… i dont understand how they are not hearing our screams..

Congrats for your huge work…give us a clue…i asked before, and i ask again…can this be made directly on the database? This seems to me(if there are any) the only way of hackthis..

pointel Friend

Hi,

here (http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/problema-con-le-lingue/) we got an answer, it’s in italian, sorry, but the meaning is that we cannot have a template for each language. The good news is that we don’t need different templates.
    We just create different profiles, each assigned to the group of pages we want, and in that profile we customize things like main-menu.

I agree that reading all Joomla documentation is not enough, I had some troubles finding this out, probably JA should give more evidence to the issue, because I see there are many other users struggling with multi-language.

Sincerely,
    Alfredo Tripicchio
    Ischia, Naples, Italy

valbap Friend

<em>@pointel 285535 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

here (http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/problema-con-le-lingue/) we got an answer, it’s in italian, sorry, but the meaning is that we cannot have a template for each language. The good news is that we don’t need different templates.
    We just create different profiles, each assigned to the group of pages we want, and in that profile we customize things like main-menu.

I agree that reading all Joomla documentation is not enough, I had some troubles finding this out, probably JA should give more evidence to the issue, because I see there are many other users struggling with multi-language.

Sincerely,
    Alfredo Tripicchio
    Ischia, Naples, Italy</blockquote>

Thanks for that Alfredo,

the problem is that that solution is not a solution, cause i need to assign the search component, for eg, to all languages, and it only allows one language to be assigned to each component… If you are going to do that, you will reach the language 🙂

Thanks anyway…still looking for a solution 🙁

lollypop Friend

<em>@valbap 285985 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks for that Alfredo,

the problem is that that solution is not a solution, cause i need to assign the search component, for eg, to all languages, and it only allows one language to be assigned to each component… If you are going to do that, you will reach the language 🙂

Thanks anyway…still looking for a solution :(</blockquote>

I can’t believe that after so many months there isn’t any straight forward solution to this problem. I have almost finished the English version after many weeks of hard work and just now I bumped to this really huge problem.

Please help as out with a guide/tutorial or a proper work around. Components and mega menu must be automatically work with each language.

herlinda1 Friend

<em>@valbap 284981 wrote:</em><blockquote>I dont understand how there arent no more people with this problem… This is not a small problem…this is the biggest problem of all… in these days there’s no website thats not a multilanguage one.

Ja purity II, for me, is the frontface of joomlart… i dont understand how they are not hearing our screams..

Congrats for your huge work…give us a clue…i asked before, and i ask again…can this be made directly on the database? This seems to me(if there are any) the only way of hackthis..</blockquote>

There are many more with this problem but not all post at the forum. I have the same problem and really need a solution. I am a big fan of joomlart but this is really weird. Unbelievable that such an imprtant feature as multi language can’t be proparly fixed

yanliom Friend

<em>@valbap 284981 wrote:</em><blockquote>I dont understand how there arent no more people with this problem…</blockquote>

Please JoomlArt team, consider that many of your users have the same problem.

It’s not practical to maintain effectively a website following so complex solutions…

nayan007 Friend

<em>@herlinda1 286380 wrote:</em><blockquote>There are many more with this problem but not all post at the forum. I have the same problem and really need a solution. I am a big fan of joomlart but this is really weird. Unbelievable that such an imprtant feature as multi language can’t be proparly fixed</blockquote>

This may be possible many of them may not be aware of this forum

valbap Friend

Is it normal that they doesnt even say something like “we’re working on it” or “give up, we dont have time for it”? If thats the case, i think that most of us would grab other way to do our stuffs.. You are transforming a dream job you give to us in a nightmare..

herlinda1 Friend

Well checking their Bug tracker (thanks to google) at least the bug is Major priority but still no progress on fixing it. You can check it yourself here:
    http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JAECPLGTIIIJOOMLAIVI-276

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)

This topic contains 59 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  marinaw 10 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum