Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author

Have anybody solved the mega menu hornav problem?:eek:
    Multilanguage support and JAT3 works just fine, but some strange bug found in mega menu second level, it always jumps to “home for all” even if this Home for all module is unpublished. Is there already any solution, or may be something missing in my actions as well?:eek:
    Ninja help =)!

dm1nd Friend

;)AArgh!
    SO now I can say for sure, everything works fine. We just need to make right selections in language profiles, and that’s it!;)
    Some hints for those with the same problem:
    1.Make working multilingual site with Beez_20_Default template (put this menu to left position)
    2.Create profiles in JAPii2 template for each language Select needed menus in Language and Page Assignments.
    :p

greatway Friend

<em>@Do Ha 257375 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Steve & tolrem

You can solve this problem as following step (I suppose your site has 2 languages – English and French)
    – Access template manager
    – Create a profile name: default-fr
    – Select menu English in default profile, and menu French in default-fr profile
    – In Page Assignments, assign all English menu for default profile & all French menu for default-fr profile.

Save & surf your website.</blockquote>

off course one has to have already done all the basic steps for multilingual joomla as described in joomla tutorial here is a good one that helped me….http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnhVVtyejPg&feature=relmfu

Ninja Lead Moderator

@dm1nd, @greatway: Thanks for sharing

radkaseifert Friend

sorry for my English, I’m Czech.
    It is very unreasonable to use profiles in different languages. This is useful for example to color themes or screens. It’s like shooting an ant with the gun. Just because you need to set the megamenu another language, you must re-copy the user data, such as logos and more.

Mega menu is in multi languages ​​unusable. So why use it?

Possible solution (in my opinion the best):

Layouts in the default:

this line:
    <block name=”mainnav” type=”mainnav” main-inner=”1″> </ block>

change to:

<block name=”meganav” type=”modules” style=”raw” main-inner=”1″> meganav </ block>

now we have defined a new module position meganav and deleted the original mainnav for megamenu.

Now we can in this module position to use other menu such as Maxi Menu CK with similar functions as megamenu.
    We do not, however, create new and new profiles in JAT3 blank template. Only create more adjustment menu languages. Just like any other Joomla 2.5 module as standard.

Have a nice day.sorry for my English, I’m Czech.
    It is very unreasonable to use profiles in different languages. This is useful for example to color themes or screens. It’s like shooting an ant with the gun. Just because you need to set the megamenu another language, you must re-copy the user data, such as logos and more.

Mega menu is in multi languages ​​unusable. So why use it?

Possible solution (in my opinion the best):

Layouts in the default:

this line:
    <block name=”mainnav” type=”mainnav” main-inner=”1″> </ block>

change to:

<block name=”meganav” type=”modules” style=”raw” main-inner=”1″> meganav </ block>

now we have defined a new module position meganav and deleted the original mainnav for megamenu.

Now we can in this module position to use other menu such as Maxi Menu CK with similar functions as megamenu.
    We do not, however, create new and new profiles in JAT3 blank template. Only create more adjustment menu languages. Just like any other Joomla 2.5 module as standard.

Have a nice day.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Thanks for sharing. I have not yet used Maxi Menu CK for multi-language sites.. I’m not sure if your way will work with multilanguages on site. But from default mega menu on JA Template you can duplicate menu and assign each menu to match language. I used this user guide here and could easily make multilanguage with megamenu as well.

lexx006 Friend

Hello everybody!

Yes, it’s quite strange. It would be good if JA Team will add and change next lines in T3Template class:
    /mysite4u.net/test/plugins/system/jat3/jat3/core/template.php near line 963:

$lang = JRequest::getVar(“lang”);
    $japarams->set(‘menutype’, $this->getParam(‘menutype’, ‘mainmenu’.$lang));

In that case it would work with all the languages added to Joomla.

Ninja Lead Moderator

I have raised this issue to development team to check, see it here: http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/CUSSER-505

They will check and provide feedback.

csrmedia Friend

Hi everyone!

I have just the same problem, in case of language change the megamenu disappears….
    I tried out lexx006’s solution, but for my site it needs some correction to work fine.
    So…I have two menu types (mainmenuhu and mainmenuen). In my case the working code is:

$lang = JRequest::getVar(‘lang’);
    $japarams->set(‘menutype’, ‘mainmenu’.$lang);

You have to rename the menu types for your languages: for example FR->mainmenufr, HU->mainmenuhu, EN->mainmenuen…etc.

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@csrmedia 364334 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi everyone!

I have just the same problem, in case of language change the megamenu disappears….
    I tried out lexx006’s solution, but for my site it needs some correction to work fine.
    So…I have two menu types (mainmenuhu and mainmenuen). In my case the working code is:

$lang = JRequest::getVar(‘lang’);

You have to rename the menu types for your languages: for example FR->mainmenufr, HU->mainmenuhu, EN->mainmenuen…etc.</blockquote>

If possible you can pm me url and admin access on your site, I shall check it for you

lexx006 Friend

<em>@csrmedia 364334 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi everyone!
    You have to rename the menu types for your languages: for example FR->mainmenufr, HU->mainmenuhu, EN->mainmenuen…etc.</blockquote>

Exactly! 🙂
    I just forgot to mention it in my topic.

Just one thing, I thought it would be better to use:

$lang = JFactory::getLanguage();
    $lang = $lang->getTag();
    $lang = explode(“-“, $lang);
    $lang = $lang[0];

in order to determine Active Joomla language prefix and add it to menu name.

sverik Friend

I was trying many many hours to fix this problem, and for newbies like me without php/html knowledge is the best solution install Maximenu CK. It takes really one minute to create megamenu for each language. great extension…

torstene Friend

Ich beschreibe mal die Lösung in deutsch: Ihr müßt nur das komplette Menu im Main Menu erstellen und die einzelnen Menüeinträge für die jeweiligen Sprachen freigaben

1. Schritt
    main-menu (keine Menu-Position zuweisen, das ist das Hauptmenü welches im Template eingetragen ist)

– Home (Alias: home-en, Language: englisch) = zeigt auf die englsiche Startseite
    – Home (Alias: home-de, Language: german) = Zeigt auf die deutsche Startseite
    – Home (Alias: home-fr, Language: french)
    – Entwicklung (Langauge: german)
    — Joomla (Alias: joomla-de; Language: german)
    – Development (Language: english)
    — Joomla (Alias: joomla-en; Language: english)

… und so weiter.

Die einzelnen Menüpunkt jetzt in den Verknüpfungen die jeweiligen Sprachreferenzen eintragen, damit der Sprachwechsel sauber funktioniert

2. Schritt
    Für Deutsch ein eigenes Menu erstellen welches auf die deutsche Startseite zeigt z.B. einzelner Beitrag. Diese Menü bekommt keine Position.

3. Schritt
    Für Französisch ein eigenes Menu erstellen, welches auf die französische Startseite zeigt z.B. einzelner Beitrag. Dieses Menü bekommt keine Position

Erklärung:
    Wird die deutsche Sprache ausgewählt, erscheint die deutsche Startseite, Das “main-menu” wird angezeigt.
    ABER: Nur die Auswahlpunkt, welche für deutsch freigegeben sind. Und genau das ist der Trick

marinaw Friend

Thanks! it worked like a charm 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)

This topic contains 59 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  marinaw 10 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum