Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • Author

I have a similar problem, i need to add 2nd menu to my ja teline iv template and there is a selection with to choose one menu :((

buygiftsitems Friend

Choices appear effectively in each terminology, but the actual is with unassigned elements things (like make an profile, or everything that has a not a food selection associated), only one terminology car be installation for them.

mediamente Friend

<em>@herlinda1 289952 wrote:</em><blockquote>Well checking their Bug tracker (thanks to google) at least the bug is Major priority but still no progress on fixing it. You can check it yourself here:
    http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JAECPLGTIIIJOOMLAIVI-276</blockquote>

The bug now is closed, fixed in the 1.6 release of T3 Framework.
    I’ve the last version of the T3 but I still haven’t understood how to make multi-languages websites.

I’m using Minisite and Portfolio with T3 v.1.6 and there isn’t the possibility to enable different menus.

So, what’s the solution to this BIG problem?

swissa Friend

<em>@mediamente 296080 wrote:</em><blockquote>The bug now is closed, fixed in the 1.6 release of T3 Framework.
    I’ve the last version of the T3 but I still haven’t understood how to make multi-languages websites.

I’m using Minisite and Portfolio with T3 v.1.6 and there isn’t the possibility to enable different menus.

So, what’s the solution to this BIG problem?</blockquote>

All my sites are multilingual and all (so far) are based on T3 / Joomla 1.7 and all with the mega menu.

Maybe I can help?

So that I don’t either insult you or miss something please let me know if you understand normal multi language set up in Joomla.

mediamente Friend

Hi!
    Thanks for your support!

I’ve followed an italian guide to add more languages and probably it was not so correct!
    So the best is to come back and start again…

My environment:
    – Joomla 1.7.3
    – T3 Framework v.1.6.0
    – Minisite and Portfolio templates (both updated)

I don’t want to abuse of your time, but I’ve read a lot of possible solutions and I still don’t know which is the correct way…

I think I should start with this guide:
    http://help.joomla.org/files/EN-GB_multilang_tutorial.pdf
    Am I correct?
    Then, what should I do?

swissa Friend

Prego.

OK. Cool. So your first problem lies in understanding how to get Joomla multilanguage not a problem with the mega menu. That will come later 😀

There is a video done by a guy called Hagen Graf that goes through setting up a multi language site. Just search on google or yahoo.

About 15 mins long and I recommend you follow it and set up a test site. Once you have got your head round that (and he makes it the easiest) then come back here and I’ll show you very quickly how to get the mega menu to work in as many languages as you need. Thanks to JAT3 it is very easy.

mediamente Friend

Here I am!

I’ve found the video [videoreference page] and watched it a couple of times. Very very interesting and suggested to all others!

I’ve converted my website in italian (articles, categories, menu links) and I’ve created the english menu with only the homepage.

Now I’m ready for the second step: how to configure mega-menu and T3. 🙂

swissa Friend

Congratulazioni!

OK.

So you now have a default menu, an Italian menu and an English menu.

If you go to the template manager and click on your template.

On the right hand section you have some tabs so click on Profiles. Then click on “add new” and call one english and one italian.

Now click on one of them i.e. English and then scroll down to menu settings and where it says menu type you pick your menu i.e. main menu, hauptmenu or whatever you called the default menus in Joomla. Do the same for the other language profiles.

Then on the left hand side of the page you see “Page Assignments”

This is where you pick the pages and menu IDs for each language. So click in the left hand side empty box of pages and then select the menus you want. In the right hand box you click and pick the profile i.e. Italian. Click save of course.

do the same for the other language. Click save at the top and……

That’s it. Good to go!

I should point out that if you add extra menus or menu items for any language menu you need to come back here and add them into the page assignments. You might find like me that you have lots under each language when the site is finished.

Hope that helps and if you get stuck just shout.

In bocca al lupo!

mediamente Friend

Thanks a lot!

Now I have my first (working) multi-language site.

I know that this solution it’s the only way to have a multi-language site with T3-based templates but I think that is not so elegant.
    I would prefer having the possibility to assign a different menu for each language directly inside the “Default” profile settings.

In this way I could continue to develop more profiles, all based upon “default” one, which implement other settings: colors, site width, etc. without compromise language settings.
    (Developers, please…!)

swissa Friend

Thanks a lot!

Now I have my first (working) multi-language site.

I know that this solution it’s the only way to have a multi-language site with T3-based templates but I think that is not so elegant.
    I would prefer having the possibility to assign a different menu for each language directly inside the “Default” profile settings.

In this way I could continue to develop more profiles, all based upon “default” one, which implement other settings: colors, site width, etc. without compromise language settings.
    (Developers, please…!)</blockquote>

Sali Mediamente,

Well done! 🙂

Sorry but I think T3 is THE most elegant way to do multi language. Ok, I am a beginner but It is SO easy to do stuff in muliti language in T3 once you understand the logic.

I today helped someone else who wanted the same site with different logos for each language and once I had thought about it is simple. And it works for them. In other templates it is not easy to change logos with the language.

For one person I am helping him where not only does he want two logos but we will also be able to make one site RTL and the other LTR all from one template!! We can pick whichever colour he wants etc for each language with whatever CSS he wants for each! All based on default setting.

If I can help you to achieve this too then please just ask.

For a newbie like me – with 3 national languages – plus English – this rocks.

Pls post a link, I’d love to see the live site.

Ciao

goldenretreiver Friend

I seems a bit disappointed that for so long have not heard a clear solution from Joomlart staff. (Sorry if you give a solution somewhere that I could not search for)

After so much of time searching, I found this solution which seems work to me:

Go to Template Manager -> Select the Template you used for your site -> Click on “Profiles

Created a clone of Default profile say “default-ar”

Changed the Menu Type for this profile to says: mainmenu-ar (name of menu in the language you must create before)

Within the Page Assignments section -> click on Add, and select the Home page from Mainmenu-Ar and set the Profile to default-ar.

That’s it. This help thanks to Vyker user at mariuszboloz.com site.

Hope it works to you all.

mstego Friend

3 years already passed they still didn’t fix this problem
    what’s a bullshit?

mstego Friend

<em>@lollypop 286140 wrote:</em><blockquote>I can’t believe that after so many months there isn’t any straight forward solution to this problem.</blockquote>
    Have good solution – choose another template, not Joomart. it’s just unuseful for multilang sites

cohibadad Friend

Thanks swissa,

You have helped me make my site multilingual and I agree, T3 is really easy to use for multilingual. You can check out the site so far at http://www.saviorofmankind.com . At this point it is English and German but Spanish, French and Serbian are coming up. I would love to hear how to make different logos for each language as well as any tips for RTL sites as that may be coming as well.

Thanks again for your helpful posts,

Darin

Ninja Lead Moderator

@cohibadad: There are docs can you help you solve the problem

1) Take full backup for your site.
    2) Work with local site and test be careful
    3) Follow test by test docs: link1 and link2

Hope help you solve it

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)

This topic contains 59 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  marinaw 10 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum