Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)
  • Author

I personally wonder how long K2 (or indeed any CCK) has left. With the new features of J3.x and the ability to have multiple com_content layouts all we need are custom content forms and bob is your uncle.

TomC Moderator

<em>@pedrox 443702 wrote:</em><blockquote>You have every right to disagree, but it is saying that it’s not worth us disagree and give suggestions because you are always right, and nothing will change… I’m very sorry for his conviction, apparently unshaken. And that makes it very clear that I’m in the wrong place. Because here, in this place of absolute convictions, there is no place for those seeking new and creative things…</blockquote>

I’m sorry, but you are quite incorrect in your personal interpretation of my disagreement with your expressed opinion as to the quality of JoomlArt’s work and development efforts. Just because someone disagree’s with your opinion on an issue, it does not translate into “absolute convictions” and/or disdain for those offering additional ideas and/or suggestions. It merely means that I disagree with your opinion as to the “lack of creativity” and/or your personal opinion that “JoomlArt is just here to take your money …”

One could associate the very same “absolute convictions” and refusal to accept a difference of opinion that you ascribe to me to your statement above . . . would you agree with such an assertion?

There is no need nor place for such expressed antagonism here . . . we simply disagree on a particular issue, that is all. You – as is everyone – is absolutely entitled to your opinion(s) . . . . as am I mine.

🙂

pedrox Friend

<em>@TomC 443730 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’m sorry, but you are quite incorrect in your personal interpretation of my disagreement with your expressed opinion as to the quality of JoomlArt’s work and development efforts. Just because someone disagree’s with your opinion on an issue, it does not translate into “absolute convictions” and/or disdain for those offering additional ideas and/or suggestions. It merely means that I disagree with your opinion as to the “lack of creativity” and/or your personal opinion that “JoomlArt is just here to take your money …”

One could associate the very same “absolute convictions” and refusal to accept a difference of opinion that you ascribe to me to your statement above . . . would you agree with such an assertion?

There is no need nor place for such expressed antagonism here . . . we simply disagree on a particular issue, that is all. You – as is everyone – is absolutely entitled to your opinion(s) . . . . as am I mine.

:)</blockquote>

Your work speaks for you … and this month we have another Portfolio… And it’s not hard to guess what we will have next month!

TomC Moderator

<em>@pedrox 443722 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have already presented several suggestions, but they always say it’s not the right time, etc.
    What shocks me most is not the fact that they do not like my tips, is his contempt for new things…

</blockquote>

So you’re upset and “shocked” because you believe your suggestions and tips are superior/infallible and are the best there are . . . and whenever your tips/suggestions are not effectuated immediately, such equates to “contempt for new things ??”

Really?? … Really??

JoomlArt has nothing new since Ja Wall . . .

Again, you are certainly entitled to your opinion and feeling on the matter . . . but the fact remains that many of JoomlArt’s efforts and offerings since JA Wall have been highly appreciated, acclaimed and utilized by many. If you want proof of such, merely look through the various Forum Sections for each template released since JA Wall. If all of these templates/themes were so lacking in creativity and/or “contemptuous for new things” – as you would otherwise assert – then those Forum sections would be empty.

JoomlArt absolutely does listen to it’s Members and endeavors to incorporate new ideas/suggestions into it’s template/theme development. (JA Bookstore is a clear example of this … incorporating layout for use with MijoShop (OpenCart) integration – which was a direct response to Member suggestions).

Unfortunately, not every template/theme is going to appeal to every individual person. We’re not all assimilated robots. We’re individuals with individual tastes and appeals. I’m sorry that you have not found any of JoomlArt’s efforts acceptable since the release of JA Wall . . . and I am certain that the JA Development Team is reading through this discussion thread and taking dubious notes toward future project development.

Nevertheless, the fact remains that your personal opinions as to the quality of the JoomlArt Team’s efforts are yours … and whether or not your particular “tips” and/or “direction” is implemented within your desired personal time table is not – in any way, shape or form – a reflection of JoomlArt’s “contempt for new/creative ideas” – as you assert.

I suggest we all try to work together constructively rather than using the “sticks and stones” approach. 🙂

pedrox Friend

<em>@TomC 443734 wrote:</em><blockquote>So you’re upset and “shocked” because you believe your suggestions and tips are superior/infallible and are the best there are . . . and whenever your tips/suggestions are not effectuated immediately, such equates to “contempt for new things ??”

Really?? … Really??</blockquote>

LOL. And with that you’re making it clear that you do not understand anything,

See, I was careful to repeat that several times … Because I knew you would use that against me…

<em>@pedrox 443722 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have already presented several suggestions, but they always say it’s not the right time, etc.
    What shocks me most is not the fact that they do not like my tips, is his contempt for new things…

That was my last tip. And no matter if it’s good or bad, but it’s something… JoomlArt has nothing new since Ja Wall
    http://zed22.com/pagina-inicial/demo2.html
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/joomlart-need-to-better-exploit-the-potential-of-k2/</blockquote>

When I give a hint, I’m not saying that my tip is the best. I’m just trying to show that you can do something different

Okay. Jomlart can hate all my tips, including my tip for K2, but worse than that is to continue to ignore the potential of K2 and create templates with mediocre Items.

TomC Moderator

<em>@pedrox 443739 wrote:</em><blockquote>LOL. And with that you’re making it clear that you do not understand anything, [/quote]

Hello Pot …. Meet Kettle

Okay. Jomlart can hate all my tips . . .

When did anyone say anything about ‘hating” your ideas and/or “tips” …. ever?

. . . , including my tip for K2, but worse than that is to continue to ignore the potential of K2 and create templates with mediocre Items.</blockquote>

Do you understand the concept of constructive criticism?

pedrox Friend

Unfortunately my English is very bad, so I can be misunderstood

That’s what I’ve been trying to say:

What shocks me is not the fact JoomlArt not like my tips (these are just suggestions), is their apparent contempt for new things …

TomC Moderator

<em>@pedrox 443743 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    What shocks me is not the fact JoomlArt not like my tips (these are just suggestions), is his contempt for new things …</blockquote>

How has the JoomlArt Team – in any way, shape or form – demonstrated “contempt” for Member ideas/suggestions?

con·tempt
    kənˈtem(p)t/
    noun

• the feeling that a person or a thing is beneath consideration, worthless, or deserving scorn.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi Guys,

Just want to assure everyone that the feedback so far for JA Jason is being taken seriously by the team.

We all have been following this thread closely and all feedback have been discussed with the team including the design and dev team.

The feedback here has be critical and very valuable. This also calls for explanation from our side.

JA Jason was our try on having a very simple portfolio template. It’s our designer’s effort to create a hybrid template between portfolio and eCommerce solution template. A place to showcase the designer’s products and also sell them. But then we have created many portfolio templates, and many of you are upset about that. It’s sad but true.

The design team do try to look around to see the trends and one of them has been the “simplicity”, JA Jason was supposed to be simple.

Now what?

Customer feedback matters a lot and we are not ignoring the feedback received so far. The team has been discussing options to improve upon the template to your satisfaction.

A new homepage layout is coming

Team is working to add alternative homepage layout and we do hope, that should make this template more acceptable.

Release delayed by a week

With the new homepage layout being worked upon, the release of JA Jason has to be put off by a week. So please have patience.

Help us with your feedback

We are always looking for feedback as we strive to improve our product quality. Next month we have a travel template concept. Should I make a new thread asking for feedback and features you may want to see? We plan to have 3rd party travel extension, may be you guys can help with the choice and must have features for the upcoming template?

Let me know and I will create new thread to start working on next month template with you all.

Lastly, JA Jason was supposed to be simple but I am sorry if it fell short of your expectations.

Regards

Arvind
    Operations Manager
    JoomlArt

pedrox Friend

<em>@TomC 443744 wrote:</em><blockquote>How has the JoomlArt Team – in any way, shape or form – demonstrated “contempt” for Member ideas/suggestions?</blockquote>

Unfortunately, it’s a little hard for me to continue this discussion by fault of my bad english. But I’ll try to finish my opinion, and answer it.

First of all, I am not an enemy of JoomlArt. If I did not like it one bit of your work, would not be here for more than six years

“How does the JoomlArt team – in any way, shape or form – showed” contempt “to the States ideas / suggestions?”

What does giving tips if JoomlArt continues to make templates always very similar and without anything new ???

Because K2 Items are always equal ???
    Why always ignore the photo gallery K2 and the video?
    Because JoomlArt not explore further the potential of Joomla and K2, to improve Items?
    Because the templates are no longer easy to customize from the backend?
    Etc.

pedrox Friend

See why I do not like JaJanson …
    Compare poverty detail … The lack of details in JaJanson is shocking

1. demo-portfolio
    Phill Moderator

<em>@pedrox 443748 wrote:</em><blockquote>

What does giving tips if JoomlArt continues to make templates always very similar and without anything new ???.</blockquote>

It is actually quite hard to come up with new ideas and stick with current design trends especially as the current trend across the web is for simple designs. JA have been listening and are also running design competitions elsewhere. Maybe they could have advertised it here better. I also hope that we get to see the fruits of their labour soon. Last time a similar competition was run we got the superb community plus template. While brilliant at the time with some superb concepts it is beginning to look dated as designs have changed.

<em>@pedrox 443748 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Because K2 Items are always equal ???
    Why always ignore the photo gallery K2 and the video?
    Because JoomlArt not explore further the potential of Joomla and K2, to improve Items?.</blockquote>

As per above, I fear CCKs are coming to an end of their usefulness. With the ability to include multiple layouts and content types in Joomla 3.x the future will be custom content forms so editors can easily add content in a uniform way. Video and gallery layouts can be included in other ways or particularly for galleries, with custom extensions. Just my opinion, not JA’s

<em>@pedrox 443748 wrote:</em><blockquote>Because the templates are no longer easy to customize from the backend?
    Etc.</blockquote>

It takes a little learning but IMHO it is easier than ever before, just a different way of working. Once you get the methodology changing things has never been easier.

art3 Friend

<em>@pedrox 443750 wrote:</em><blockquote>See why I do not like JaJanson …
    Compare poverty detail … The lack of details in JaJanson is shocking
    </blockquote>

I agree with the comparison of Pedrox. and add something very important.

No customer is going to cut (transparent background) your images.
    For this reason these background colors are not applicable.

I do not speak English, I speak Spanish, sorry if I do not write well, but I think all the criticisms should be constructive, this way we all benefit.

If Joomlart improvement, we as members also improved.

The designs should be applicable to the reality of our customers.

important:
    Do members can create and publish designs, Joomlart review and have new possibilities, so all help and we could all benefit?

Nose, if they already exist or can be made.

Thank you !!!

Only constructive criticism.

mmmkz86 Friend

<em>@drarvindc 443747 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Guys,

Just want to assure everyone that the feedback so far for JA Jason is being taken seriously by the team.
    We all have been following this thread closely and all feedback have been discussed with the team including the design and dev team. </blockquote>

it’s the main property of joomlart , customers nad thier feedback of course 🙂

<blockquote>JA Jason was our try on having a very simple portfolio template.
    The design team do try to look around to see the trends and one of them has been the “simplicity”, JA Jason was supposed to be simple.</blockquote>
    supposed to :confused:
    design team must consider that simplicity is not all we want , we need also creativity
    i just posted to thread 3 templates that follows simplicity rules and design , compare them to JA JASON and post me your rsult please.
    there are tons of tons of thousands of these good templates in market …. these are just 3 mid-level of them

Now what?

we are not discussing on simplicity or complexity arvind …
    not on template usage ( as we all used specific templates for other works , like fashion template for news agency ) …
    not on specific CCK …

we just want really fresh and creative templates (in design or structure), that’s it , why all members appreciated JA WALL ? it had both aspects of design and structure , why we like Purity ||| ??? cause it came with powerful structure , it was free and paid members must be sad of that but as you know we were all happy , because it has T3

i give you a hint : nuevo , sugite and appolio are almost the same template…
    medciare and biz has the issue , every designer with knowledge of HTML , CSS , JS and knowing how T3 works can re-design one of them and make the others

<blockquote>Help us with your feedback

We are always looking for feedback as we strive to improve our product quality. Next month we have a travel template concept. Should I make a new thread asking for feedback and features you may want to see? We plan to have 3rd party travel extension, may be you guys can help with the choice and must have features for the upcoming template?</blockquote>

it seems that joomlart suffers from lack of good creative R&D section , mainly in design department , if so let members to be creative instead of you and let this traditional copy-pasting and color-element reforming templates go away

– have their ideas
    – make polls for next months template
    – create thread for websites designs that members love
    – let members post up-to-date good designed sites addresses for joomlart inspiration
    – …

at last , as i’m CEO and founder of a big webdesign company i advise you 1 thing :
    10 happy customers equals 1 level profit and growth , 1 unhappy means 10 level fall

Regards
    Zahedi

tfosnom Friend

Arvind, as Swisa mentioned, what happened to the poll we did some time ago where we were asked what WE not JA wanted.
    I havent seen that poll followed very closely. Seems anything you can throw together is thrust upon us then when challenged or criticised we have ppl like TOM falling back on the oft used “cant please all of the ppl etc and agree to disagree” chestnut he always throws up.

Ja isn’t giving the members much for the membership really, same old same old portfolio stuff cut and paste sites from previous stuff.

It doesn’t matter that T3 allows us to refine etc I dont wanna spend ages refining a similar template to last month and the month b4, I want new stuff a church, charity template as requested on that forgotten poll.

A news template, oops Teline 6 is a dirty word isnt it. 🙂 l dont want to use some other JA thing as a news template, but want something more Teline look and feel, if a new J 3.xx responsive version of Teline V is NOT viable cause JA doesn’t have the ability or time.

Please say so and those of us who need a proper dedicated news template can go elsewhere rather than wait years for something to eventuate, or promises of will happen soon etc.

Please no more portfolio templates one after another and refer to the “what we want poll” and start giving us what was on that one. That is; what categories haven’t already been fulfilled.

After all WE were asked what we the members wanted, but we still are waiting for a lot of those to be presented,but why ask us our opinions and needs if you have no intention of following the results. leaving us to have to put up with what JA thinks is best for us.

Fine, JA is JA and Hung is master who will make us accept his years of design experience as he once pointed out to us. We are so lucky to have Hung and JA to guide us through our web design journey .NOT.

Shannon

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)

This topic contains 80 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  art3 9 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum