Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)
  • Author

Aloha fellows!

Responsive Joomla template for Portfolio – JA Jason is coming. This September, JA Jason will help you revamp your portfolio with rich typography pages, and elegant design. This Joomla template will also help you market your design products with Joomla eCommerce solution – Hikashop .

JA Jason sports several custom pages: Joomla pages, Hikashop Custom pages, and a masonry style Portfolio. Jason focuses on two important things: to shine and sell your products. So it’s perfect for every designer to build and showcase their products portfolio and also make money from them.

JA Jason will be released essential features like:

• Built on T3 Framework
    • Integrated Bootstrap 3
    • Fully responsive
    • Multiple layouts
    • Support K2 Component
    • Support RTL language layout
    • Support Megamenu
    • Support Hikashop component
    • Off-Canvas navigation for desktop and mobile

Sneak Peek 1: Homepage

View the higher resolution Here

Sneak Peek 2: All categories view in K2

View the higher solution Here

Sneak Peek 3: K2 Subcategory

Sneak Peek 4: Portfolio page

Sneak Peek 5: Portfolio detail view

Sneak Peek 6: Shop Page – Hikashop

What do you think about JA Jason?! Please leave your thoughts and feedback, we’d love to hear from you!

***Please note that all sneak peeks above are subject to change as the template’s implementation continues. So watch out! There will be more to add. If you have any proposals or suggestions on the template, please feel free to drop a line down below. We’d love to know.

art3 Friend

Good morning, Congratulations on the design, just some suggestions:

Home:
    If an online store, then we must show in order to sell products, it is important to slides products, top sellers, promocinar slideshow for products, etc.
    Maybe we could have 2 options Home.

Sneak Peek 3: K2 Subcategory:

We could have 2 options Blog:

1: Current Design
    2: Design 240x240px thumbnail on the left and right-aligned text, (Same as category “Graphic Design”)
    This allows you to see more post. Instead of seeing 2 posts, we would see 5 to 6 posts.

Sneak Peek 4: Portfolio page:

Not all customers have photos delineated. Might not have the same appearance.

Thank you very much …

pedrox Friend

Another Portfolio? no thanks : ((

okiud Friend

Another portfolio template? 🙁

It would be great to see different types of templates…. a template for coupon codes websites, weather website, directory/classifieds, online booking/reservation, reviews etc…

hjalte1983 Friend

Was also surprised to see another portfolio, anyways.

Does this mean you support Hikashop now instead of Mijoshop ?

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@hjalte1983 442919 wrote:</em><blockquote>Was also surprised to see another portfolio, anyways.

Does this mean you support Hikashop now instead of Mijoshop ?</blockquote>

We are providing support for HikaShop as per the requests of users. We never tried Hikashop earlier.

splico123 Friend

Oh god, another portfolio 🙁 and looks same as other previous portfolios you had in past, TOO MANY of them.

Nothing innovative, nothing special, design actually 2/5 for JA standard, COPY and paste template from previous times.

Come on guys you can do much better than this, its useless to have so many portfolio templates that are all more or less same.

Skip a month, do something creative, get us Teline update, or expand on purity or anything other than same old portfolio or shop templates that you just change basic colours and put new pretty pictures in it.

seriously, this is really a disappointment for most, and even though they wont say it outright most of us need variety not same redesigns and not so good ones at it.

swissa Friend

Don’t want to jump on the “Portfolio” bandwagen but interesting stats from the last 12 months…. (4 portfolio templates this year….games template, music one, entertainment, couple of shops and of course Purity III which has the flexibility (read various layouts) already included to be used for just about anything especially business/corporate)

Just a quickie: what happened to the results of the last poll asking clients what they wanted? Does the reality match?

May I make a suggestion? (I will anyway – you all know me by now!) 😀

I use yootheme quite a lot these days for one particular reason. Their UIKit add on remains constant across their templates. I can use a standard set of code within articles/pages etc to do the styling with consistent classes.

That means I can very quickly hack code from one template to another, taking code from one layout and applying it to another template. Sure, I still have to do some styling etc but I can transfer the functionality quickly without having to rename divs or write new css all the time.

Could Joomlart not do something similar? You have the advantage of building layouts and blocks with T3 that is unbeatably easy and to be able to use css from another would add real value. Would make your lives easier too!

That way anyone can lift the look and feel from one to another. Wouldn’t half add some real flexibility to your templates and really offer template members a bonus over the year. Mix and match with 12 templates. I’d buy that!!

art3 Friend

You are right, this template is like the rest.

We need variety of design, something that helps us meet other businesses.

For example:
    Design for Real Estate, Business & Services (Multipurpose), Classified, etc.

It would be nice that each template is Multi purpose, you have 2 or 3 options of home, as does: ThemeForest having 3 or 4 different home, portfolio shows in 2, 3 or 4 columns, etc.

We hope that all serve a purpose, and that its members Joomlart improve too.

Thanks !!!

dieudonne Friend

Thank for your work, but seriously… a portfolio theme ? Again ?
    Ok it is looking great, specially the K2 integration. Good job.

But no new about a realy News Website like a possible JA Teline V ? I’m really sad :((

So ok, after waiting months and months, definitely go using News2 from Gavick Pro.

austenn01 Friend

<em>@drarvindc 442924 wrote:</em><blockquote>We are providing support for HikaShop as per the requests of users. We never tried Hikashop earlier.</blockquote>

Please dont use Hikashop!!!! All this jumping around using different webshops is rather frustrating! MijoShop is the best Joomla webshop at the moment, just stick with that! If you want to provide support for more basic shop soltuions, then choose to support j2store or k2store.

Also, Hikashop is incredibly expensive to all the other webshops…and most of all there is little support by other developers for Hikashop..like modules to display hikashop products in different ways. Plus (and probably more importantly) Hikashop doesnt plan nice with SEF URL’s..especially popular components like SH404sef and MijoSef.

I have developed one website with Hikashop and NEVER again will I do it. The way hikashop modules are added is just plain weird, and the version I used still used a lot of tables in places instead of responsive code.

I personally think this is a poor choice to go in this direction.

I too feel the way others do…we dont need more portfolio designs..Plus, the design you have come up with, is just way to basic and simple for a paid template. I could whip this template up in probably 2 or 3 hours. I am a very big fan on simplicity, but the screen shots makes me think that you are too busy on other projects and decided to design a template that requires the least about of time and resources to get done.

I for one would love some business directory templates. SobiPro is one of the most popular business directory software’s in the world regardless of Joomla. So a nice SobiPro template would be nice. No one is making templates for SobiPro.

Its been a long time since you came up with a JomSocial template…That being said, it would be nice to see a community builder template once v2.0 becomes stable.

I would also love to see you supporting AcyMailing more, and releasing an email marketing template built into (responsive email template) every new template you release and have it as one of your bonus features. Email templates are not hard or time consuming to build. If you do this, It would be nice to also provide styles and layouts for all the frontend options and editing that comes with AcyMailing.

Also thinking out loud here…I use JCE as my editor, and I hate the look of JCE… I skin for JCE would be nice…but more importantly, providing a css style sheet for JCE and TinyMCE that has all the class’s and styles that you add to the template available so it can be chosen in the ‘sty;es’ drop menu of the editors. Also, adding the basic bootstrap columns code into the JCE/TinyMCE css stylesheet..so that when we use bootstrap code, we can actually see our work laid out in columns ….instead of always having to save and reload the frontend to see if our code is correct.

The other thing I would personally like to see is this. Gavick have their ‘News Show Pro GK5’ module. This is truely a fantastic module that can make many varied layouts and comes with many built in templates. The issue I have with NSP GK5 (and most other similar extensions) is that they dont use bootstrap for their columns etc. It would be great to have a module that doesnt everything that NSP GK5 does, but uses bootstrap 3 code.

Also a suggestion, take a look at the most popular Joomla extensions (like SobiPro), and consider adding support and styles/template for them in your Joomla templates. This would definitely be something great that is giving back to the community, and many novice users would find it helpful…It would be a good marketing strategy to promote that JoomlArt has support/templates for X extensions. I know that when I started learning Joomla I didnt know html/css and I looked for templates that had support for the extensions that I used, so that I could use their styles/templates in my builds. I am sure many others do the same.

This post is probably long enough to the point where most people wont read it, so ill end it here…

Thanks for reading!

swissa Friend

<em>@austenn01 443281 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Also thinking out loud here…I use JCE as my editor, and I hate the look of JCE… I skin for JCE would be nice…but more importantly, providing a css style sheet for JCE and TinyMCE that has all the class’s and styles that you add to the template available so it can be chosen in the ‘sty;es’ drop menu of the editors. Also, adding the basic bootstrap columns code into the JCE/TinyMCE css stylesheet..so that when we use bootstrap code, we can actually see our work laid out in columns ….instead of always having to save and reload the frontend to see if our code is correct.
    </blockquote>

You can quickly set JCE to do this.

JCE Stylesheets

JCE custom styles

http://cheatsheet.zemplate.com/joomla/14-the-sections/joomla/26-joomla-have-jce-editor-show-my-stylesheets

http://www.joostrap.com/support/tutorials-videos/127-how-do-i-add-bootstrap-css-styles-to-jce-editor

https://www.deweso.com/154-making-better-use-of-bootstrap-with-the-jce-editor-css-download.html

There are a couple of skins already included with JCE – SKINS

mmmkz86 Friend

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
    another portfolio template?
    why? all the same designs from past
    and of course its not so beautiful to be a modern portfolio template in compression to WP templates , here’s some example of that :
    http://themes.seench.com/biography-joomla/ (its joomla)
    http://contrast.freevision.me/ WP
    http://r6themes.com/rayleigh-wp/light/ WP

just 3 examples of good design and simplicity
    is that so hard to be creative?

TomC Moderator

Unfortunately, you can’t please all of the people all of the time . . . .

Many people have requested a “better” portfolio template, while others request a ‘better’ business template, etc., etc., etc. Rest assured, the JA Development Team does try their very best to accommodate as many requests as reasonably possible within their already packed development and issue-resolving schedules. 🙂

mmmkz86 Friend

just count thanks and dislikes from the first post in this thread and of course compare that
    it’s not matter of members wishes , the matter is that you guys are not creative anymore …
    every template is another version of past template with new colors and rebranding ( we can do the color customization and module positioning ourselves as members 🙂 )
    its not important that your whole templates and membership costs equal to 2 or 3 single template …. its important that me and company just used 2 of your all-looks-the-same templates online past year ja-fixel and the other one was JA-WALL of course 😀 , maybe you wanna know that we had 28 joomla projects from the first day of 2014
    past year i just liked ja-fixel , ja-smashboard and purity ||| … thtas all
    be creative with good design or design for good structured components (directories , reservations , events , … )
    wish to hear great news next month

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)

This topic contains 80 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  art3 9 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum