Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 187 total)
  • Author

@phill luckhurst @pavit

1. Should Ticket system be closed? No
    .I have a different opinion regarding the Ticket System. Currently, anyone in a public or private forum receives a response to their issues regardless of their membership status.
    The Ticket System should only be available to Developer Members (?DM?). It is only logical that DMs (a) Pay a premium for their membership; (b) Their membership is for the operation of their business; and (c) A rapid response to their issues is necessary to keep their customers happy.

Issues from Club Members (CM) should only be addressed within the forums and CMs should receive priority in the public forums.

2. Should copyright removal be made free? No.
    .If a non-paying member is interested in removing the copyright they will discover a hack method to remove it themselves.
    3. Should we increase the price of membership? Yes and No.

The necessity to raise the price of a product is strictly a business decision. Although, there are other methods to increase revenue without raising the cost of membership.

(a) Sell Tickets for the Ticket System to CMs; and

(b) create another membership tier,where non-paying members can obtain priority support for free-templates.

arthurjohnston Friend

@phill luckhurst @pavit

.I have a different opinion regarding the Ticket System. Currently, anyone in a public or private forum receives a response to their issues regardless of their membership status.
    The Ticket System should only be available to Developer Members (?DM?). It is only logical that DMs (a) Pay a premium for their membership; (b) Their membership is for the operation of their business; and (c) A rapid response to their issues is necessary to keep their customers happy.

Issues from Club Members (CM) should only be addressed within the forums and CMs should receive priority in the public forums.

.If a non-paying member is interested in removing the copyright they will discover a hack method to remove it themselves.

The necessity to raise the price of a product is strictly a business decision. Although, there are other methods to increase revenue without raising the cost of membership.

(b) create another membership tier,where non-paying members can obtain priority support for free-templates.

swissa Friend

Haven’t been here for a long time but for what it is worth..

Tickets:- Close it. Do it all in the forum; that way the info gets to reach more people. I know some like a ticket number to hold onto like a comfort blanket. What you could do is make the search facility more prominent on the forum pages. Put it where you have the announcements and move them to the blog. MAKE IT REALLY PROMINENT and AJAX IT!!

Copyright:- Make it free. Anyone with a modicum of intelligence knows how to get round it already.

Pricing:- At the moment this could be “Shall we re-arrange the deckchairs on the Titanic?”. I haven’t renewed membership because I don’t see the value of it. Get back to being the Joomlart of old and maybe, just maybe, you could change $100 for template members and $300 for Devs as others do. Quality sells. Personally I’d take a big look at Dev members – the have to be your bread and butter business, no? Got to be a few of them who do both Joomla and WordPress work so how about some combined memberships? Just an idea. (yootheme have their hands in my pocket to the tune of $540 a year for template, zoo and widget kit dev status and I’ve only ever posted 1 support question in 3 years.)

One point. Over the last x years, you’ve asked for feedback from members and then either ignored it (what templates do you want?) or just steamrollered what you wanted to do anyway. Please either listen or make it plain that members sign up to your rules, your styles and get ‘this is what we provide – buy it or leave it’ as others do.

I wish you, the team and all members the best of luck.

Karsten Dietrich Friend

1. Should Ticket system be closed? no
    2. Should copyright removal be made free? no
    3. Should we increase the price of membership? no

lelthach Friend

2. Should copyright removal be made free? Yes
    3. Should we increase the price of membership? I believe that’s not a good Idea

Phill Moderator

<em>@swissa 478571 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    One point. Over the last x years, you’ve asked for feedback from members and then either ignored it (what templates do you want?) or just steamrollered what you wanted to do anyway. Please either listen or make it plain that members sign up to your rules, your styles and get ‘this is what we provide – buy it or leave it’ as others do.

I wish you, the team and all members the best of luck.</blockquote>

I would argue that JA do listen. While some things have not been taken on board, many have. There is a huge amount that has been gleaned from user feedback and all suggestions are listened to. It does however take many months from drawing board to production to get a template released so it can look like ideas are ignored. There have also been many occasions where the dev team have worked for a long time on a project only for Hung to tell them it is not good enough and to start again which may also lead to a few ideas going astray. Rest assured, JA do take ideas from the community and implement many of them.

fireinhishair Friend

1 : no
    2 : yes
    3 : no

capogr Friend

3. Should we increase the price of membership? No

Thanks

James G Friend

<em>@arthurjohnston 478520 wrote:</em><blockquote>@phill luckhurst @pavit

</blockquote>

I must say this post made alot of sense.

I like the idea of developer members getting ticket support and standard members getting forum support.

dineshpatel Friend

1.Absolutely NO
    3.Categorically YES
    2.Absolutely NO

zyruks Friend

1. yes
    2.yes
    3.no

mariuszmp Friend

Regards
    Mariusz

lndesigns Friend

Tickets to be closed? NO. I understand that the forum is a good resource, and I use it all the time. But unfortunately the search isn’t as extensive as it could be, but that’s the forum’s software issues… not Joomlart’s.
    I very RARELY use the ticket system, but I have used it when it was something extremely necessary for elevated developer’s support (one entailed a menu not working properly for a mobile situation which resulted in some serious custom code that the developers had to supply). For the most part, the forum is a GREAT WAY to either find answers, or share solved issues.
    I pay yearly, and for that I do like the option that if I REALLY NEEDED ticket support, it’s there.

Remove copyright … yeah. but not as a service. just post HOW to remove it, and people can do it themselves.

Increase Price … Yes. I DO believe that price can be increased some as EVERYTHING goes up in price because of inflation. I think that it would be understandable TO KEEP TICKET SUPPORT active. People who personally do site development I am sure has increased their prices over the years…

I filled out the form, but I thought I would share my opinion here also.
    Just my two cents

meshmagic Friend

Thanks,
    Martyn

barthys Friend

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 187 total)

This topic contains 187 replies, has 82 voices, and was last updated by  jedi4444 8 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum