Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 187 total)
  • Author

1. Should Ticket system be closed? No
    2. Should copyright removal be made free? Yes
    3. Should we increase the price of membership? No

teddypetcu2 Friend

websailor Friend

1 no
    2 yes
    3 no

websailor Friend

1 no
    2 yes
    3 no

websailor Friend

1 no
    2 yes
    3 no

stulaine Friend

1. Ticket system – I agree that everyone benefits from seeing tickets but doing away from it completely could become an issue. For example, I try to put most issues or queries to the forums so everyone can benefit but as a developer member I am supposed to get VIP support. I can say that I am not sure that my support is higher than a non-developer in the forums. Not sure that works in the tickets either. There are times that I think a ticket system is need so I would keep both. -Vote NO

2. Copyright – Does not affect us at our membership level but honestly is not what many others do. Vote: Yes

3. Pricing – You are in the market and know what your competitors are offering and you need to decide. Are you products as good or better to raise your prices. Is your support better. I would say your developer price is ok considering your service level and documentation etc…. Your template club membership probably has room for some increase but should be broken up. Templates for a year + 3 (or 6 mos) months support (access to forums for a year but support persons will only answer if you are subscribed. Then offer a slightly higher price for and full year package. if increasing the prices slightly increases the quality of the support then it probably would work but you have to show that the support (and documentation) is improving to convince your existing customers.

Vote : Developer:No unless support improves
    Template and extension – Potentially yes if you improve some of the above.

There are some other ways that you can create some revenue opportunities that would potentially be helpful to your customers. Feel free to PM if you want to hear them.

Have a good day.

stulaine Friend

1. Ticket system – I agree that everyone benefits from seeing tickets but doing away from it completely could become an issue. For example, I try to put most issues or queries to the forums so everyone can benefit but as a developer member I am supposed to get VIP support. I can say that I am not sure that my support is higher than a non-developer in the forums. Not sure that works in the tickets either. There are times that I think a ticket system is need so I would keep both. -Vote NO

2. Copyright – Does not affect us at our membership level but honestly is not what many others do. Vote: Yes

3. Pricing – You are in the market and know what your competitors are offering and you need to decide. Are you products as good or better to raise your prices. Is your support better. I would say your developer price is ok considering your service level and documentation etc…. Your template club membership probably has room for some increase but should be broken up. Templates for a year + 3 (or 6 mos) months support (access to forums for a year but support persons will only answer if you are subscribed. Then offer a slightly higher price for and full year package. if increasing the prices slightly increases the quality of the support then it probably would work but you have to show that the support (and documentation) is improving to convince your existing customers.

There are some other ways that you can create some revenue opportunities that would potentially be helpful to your customers. Feel free to PM if you want to hear them.

Have a good day.

stulaine Friend

Have a good day.

komaragiri Friend

komaragiri Friend

komaragiri Friend

khsaf Friend

No
    Yes
    No

Times are tough enough already, no-ones going to volunteer to pay more for less service without a good explanation are they.

khsaf Friend

No
    Yes
    No

Times are tough enough already, no-ones going to volunteer to pay more for less service without a good explanation are they.

khsaf Friend

No
    Yes
    No

arthurjohnston Friend

@phill luckhurst @pavit

.I have a different opinion regarding the Ticket System. Currently, anyone in a public or private forum receives a response to their issues regardless of their membership status.
    The Ticket System should only be available to Developer Members (?DM?). It is only logical that DMs (a) Pay a premium for their membership; (b) Their membership is for the operation of their business; and (c) A rapid response to their issues is necessary to keep their customers happy.

Issues from Club Members (CM) should only be addressed within the forums and CMs should receive priority in the public forums.

2. Should copyright removal be made free? No.
    .If a non-paying member is interested in removing the copyright they will discover a hack method to remove it themselves.
    3. Should we increase the price of membership? Yes and No.

The necessity to raise the price of a product is strictly a business decision. Although, there are other methods to increase revenue without raising the cost of membership.

(a) Sell Tickets for the Ticket System to CMs; and

(b) create another membership tier,where non-paying members can obtain priority support for free-templates.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 187 total)

This topic contains 187 replies, has 82 voices, and was last updated by  jedi4444 8 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum