Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 70 total)
  • Author

I’ve tried installing Oroes on Wamp on my localhost and it all is working fine. As such it must be something amis with your Xampp installation and that is really something we cannot help with. Have you tried Wamp – (http://www.wampserver.com/en/)?
    I’ve always found it easier to configure and more reliable.

marian Friend

I work with xampp for years as for sites testing and development and I didn’t have this kind of problem until now.

Phill Moderator

I’ve just done an installation with Xampp and cannot replicate your issue. As such it is going to be almost impossible for us to work out what is happening on your end hence the suggestion to try Wamp.

marian Friend

ok, I will try it. As you know Is there any conflicts from wamp with xampp on the same workstation ?

Phill Moderator

Unfortunately, I have never tried that.

Google brings up a few answers though – http://serverfault.com/questions/87219/can-i-install-wamp-and-xampp-on-same-computer

marian Friend

Here I am with updates.
    It seems that is not a xampp or wamp problem.
    The problem is with the Firefox browser ! On Internet Explorer (v.8) all changes on admin area are immediately displayed.
    I mostly use Firefox on developement because using Firebug who is the most powerfull tool that I’ve used.

Another note: This isssue it happen ONLY with Joomlart templates (JA Ores and JA Droid as I tested).
    I built some templates using gantry framework before and I didn’t have any “cache” problem.

It’s possible to find a solution that work with Firefox ? (on Windows).

Thanks!

Phill Moderator

I can assure you that it is working in Firefox as expected for me. As we are not there to look at your fireox problem it is going to be impossible for us to diganose any further. All I can suggest is you check the cache settings on your browser, the joomla cache and your jat3 cache.

aardcom Friend

Try using kickstart from Akkeba. It is a useful free Joomla extension that helps with installations and restoring backups.
    http://www.akeebabackup.com/download/official/akeeba-kickstart.html
    You place the kickstart.php in the folder where you expect your index.php file to be in (ie /htdocs/kickstart.php) and upload the zipped file to the same directory, You then run the program in your browser by entering http://yoursite/kickstart.php and follow the prompts. This utility has solved similar issues for me in the past.

johnbooko Friend

I am the definition of a novice when it comes to all of this. This is the first website i have attempted to build and i knew it would come with some difficulty. I just registered with joomla and have a standard account with them. I recently downloaded the joomlart Ja Ores template and followed the instructions from the joomla template install training video. so, i went Extentions>install/uninstall>chose the Ja Ores zip file and clicked install. after a few minutes i got an error saying “Error! Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package”

Obviously i know that installing a template is different from template to template. I tried following the quickstart instructions as well but being new to all of this, it sounds like a different language to me. Could someone explain to my in simpler english how to install the template and get it exactly like on the Ja Ores demo page?

Thank you much in advance, and i am sorry if i should have started a new thread here.
    – John

Phill Moderator

No problem.

1: Unzip the package you downloaded from here. In it you will find a folder called quickstart. In that folder you will find a zip file. Unzip it.

2: Using a good ftp app such as filezilla upload the contents of that zip file (administrator, components etc etc) to your hosting space exactly where you want your install.

3: Browse to your webspace wherever you have uploaded all those files.

Once you get that far you simply have to follow through the standard Joomla install screens. Give it a go and if you get stuck on any stage come back and I will talk you through further.

johnbooko Friend

I am sorry if this is a double post, but i just typed everything out and realized i was automatically logged out of the forum. so, i am re-typing everything again.

I made it through step 2 that you provided for me but i received this message on the joomla site

PLEASE REMEMBER TO COMPLETELY REMOVE THE INSTALLATION DIRECTORY.
    You will not be able to proceed beyond this point until the installation directory has been removed. This is a security feature of Joomla!.
    Click here when the directory has been removed.

after researching on google i saw some suggestions that said remove or rename the installation folder. I tried both suggestions to no avail.

Is this a problem that can be worked around easily?

Thank you again, and thank you for the quick response.

Phill Moderator

If you have removed the installation folder then you should be good to go. If that has not worked then please PM me the link to your site, ftp details and your admin password and I will take a look. Please iclude a link to this thread in your PM to make it easier for me to respond.

densjan Friend

Hi, I use JA Ores (great template by the way!, thnx)… But I have a question about the handheld layout. For my standard website layout I use “light blue” but if I check the layout on my handheld I allways get the dark colors…

How can I change the mobile layout to light blue also?

Can someone help?
    Website is: http://www.2target.com

thank you!
    J

Sherlock Friend

<em>@densjan 221172 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi, I use JA Ores (great template by the way!, thnx)… But I have a question about the handheld layout. For my standard website layout I use “light blue” but if I check the layout on my handheld I allways get the dark colors…

How can I change the mobile layout to light blue also?

Can someone help?
    Website is: http://www.2target.com

thank you!
    J</blockquote>

Dear densjan,

I am afraid that there is only the dark color for the i-phone and handheld layouts,you can change the mobile layout to the light blue yourself,try with the css files under the folder of templatesja_orescsshandheld

heyray Friend

Hi~glad to see this issue .
    when I finished the installation , I saw some problems with it.
    first, the template warned “the path is not a folder!”but the other attribute works well .would I leave it up or do something fix it ? (I just unzipped the template in my folder,because of failing to upload it in the normal way .)

Second,a parameter warn of the mod_jasidenews

could someone give me a hint ?
    thanks a lot !

1. error_1
    2. error_2
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 70 total)

This topic contains 69 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  Hung Dinh 10 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum