Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author

<em>@tfosnom 365001 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thank you for asking my opinion.

Remove the beta as it will need to be updated or replaced when the stable IS released, creating more work and time used for the end user, and put nothing there until the STABLE release is available.
    </blockquote>

Actually many request such. People like to have a play with the forthcoming template. I certainly appreciate it and it also helps give me an idea of whether it will be suitable for my needs. As long as it is marked as Beta I really see no problem. It is up to the users whether they use it or not. Having a play with it is doing harm to nobody.

As Arvind has already requested. If you want to discuss this then please do so in a new thread. Any further off topic replies in this one from yourself will be removed.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

@shannon,

I have added the beta status of the template on the Argo product page and we have a blog post coming up (anytime now).. i have added the beta status info to it also. Yes, I agree we need to be very clear on the release status of products, user should know that its beta before he / she tries to download.

Edin Friend

what to say then all the praise for Joomlart Team. After Ja Mitius Mag, and Ja Lens this is my favorit templ. design.

Argo ala The Verge or Mashable. Very, very nice. It’s nice to see something different, something new and trendy.

I’m waiting for Alfa release to bulid a new MusicMag website with this templ. However, I am not sure if it will be Mitius or Argo but bouth of them are amazing for my needs.

All best from Bosnia

splico123 Friend

<em>@tfosnom 364962 wrote:</em><blockquote>Providing a Beta demo of a template is ok. But putting a Beta release for download as a monthly template shows JA can no longer support its monthly template commitment to members.[/QUOTE

I wouldnt agree with this statement, and i support JA at not releasing it on “time” as per say. The point that is of more concern is the lack of features in a major template like Argo is considered. Or at least what JA wants us to think. I wrote my opinion here READ IF YOU WANT so i am not gonna repeat myself.

Good job on Design philosophy, and hopefully you do good job on final product too.

Cheers

pedrox Friend

Ja Argo looks interesting. And it’s not just another model. Ja Argo brings a new concept in Joomla. And I greatly appreciate it. I’d rather wait longer for a better product. We have many similar templates, what we need is new concepts. I really like when I feel that the templates come with the new trends, but it is also important to devise trends do not just limit yourself to follow what already exists. And unfortunately, it seems that we are currently going through a crisis of ideas. Ja Argo is a new concept that does not exist in Joomla (unless I’m wrong) but I hope they do not just copy this concept. I hope that JoomlArt, be able to go further and create something even more incredible, and new

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)

This topic contains 50 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  pedrox 11 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum