Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Argo had such a nice potential, and JA failed to deliver again!

Loved the concept of template, its simple, its very nice and very usefull design strategy. BUT problems start here.

1. JA says Argo = next step in template design like Teline was back in the day. FAIL, Teline was all about modules, positions, module design variations and AUTOMATIZATION. While to achieve any kind of decent look with ARGO (arguably still a beta) you have to do a lot of manual design, manual image scaling, manual linking of articles, and A LOT of customizations on the modules you want to put in.

2. Why dont we have any modules, that are actually usefull, included and reworked to work with JA ARGO, NewsPro, SideNews, etc, those with new frontend look for ARGO would go long way with people who want to use this template as Magazine or News site. I really was dissapointed to see that JA ARGO is such a nice potential which has been just tipped in and havent been used to the top of its potential. OF COURSE there is still time since its beta but i doubt it will get anywhere since JA is already on the road to make APRIL template.

Conclusion: JA did very good concept design here, but poor implementation of their own moduels into this potentially awesome template, and so I really ahve to disagree with the statement of JA that this template was made as a next step in template design like Teline was back in the day, and furthermore not only its not a next step, it seems a step up in thinking but two steps backward in implementation of their concept.

PS, this is just an observation from a person who expects excellent products of top class company that JA is. So consider it as CONSTRUCTIVE CRiTiCISM

TomC Moderator

<blockquote>
    PS, this is just an observation from a person who expects excellent products of top class company that JA is. So consider it as CONSTRUCTIVE CRiTiCISM</blockquote>

Your comments and feedback would/could be much more “constructive” if you would/could find more constructive words to use than “fail.”

You are most certainly entitled to your own personal opinions as to any of JoomlArt’s offerings – and such is most definitely welcome toward JA continuing to develop and improve upon it’s products. However, using absolutes such as “fail” and/or “failed” are far less constructive than they are antagonistic and condemning.

Constructive criticism involves consideration, feedback, comments and suggestions for areas for possible improvement – rather than conclusionary condemnation based on one’s personal dislike for any given particular element(s). There are others who, in contrast, do like the style/presentation of JA Argo.

😎

rosmacja Friend

A post like this is really going to get you somewhere! Probably banned…you should learn a little manners and how to be constructive! 😮
    <em>@splico123 365212 wrote:</em><blockquote>PS, this is just an observation from a person who expects excellent products of top class company that JA is. So consider it as CONSTRUCTIVE CRiTiCISM</blockquote>

TomC Moderator

There will be no banishment here . . . and no further back-and-forth antagonism.

From this point forward, ANY/ALL further comments will be constructive and considerate . . .

. . . ‘else this thread will go bye bye

😎

tfosnom Friend

<em>@TomC 365266 wrote:</em><blockquote>There will be no banishment here . . . and no further back-and-forth antagonism.
    From this point forward, ANY/ALL further comments will be constructive and considerate . . . . . . ‘else this thread will go bye bye
    :cool:</blockquote>

Hey Tom
    Good to see you around again.
    Tom I’d like to hear YOUR opinion on the template , you always tell it as you see it, so …

1. What main purpose/use would YOU use JA Argo for and why?
    2. Do you agree with Splico123 point 2 re: a lack of redeveloped or new extensions, modules relevent to the audience/direction the template is targetting?

Blessings Shannon

splico123 Friend

If you will ban people for their opinions which are backed by facts that you can see throughout this forum then something is wrong with you. Freedom of speech is one thing that can backlash on you if you try to stop that, and with that also goes any input which US the users who pay your jobs give you.

As for the constructive criticism, i stand by what i said, and i am sure there is a large majority of people on forums who think the same. So stop your silly THREATS and both you and us users can work together to bring best products.

And you are wrong by saying all your things about my manners, i have been member of this community for years now, i have helped people, reported bugs, tried to help with ideas etc. And number of people usually thank me for that help. YES this was my personal opinion and i AM FREE TO EXPRESS it if i like to, and in this case i got really mad because my FAVORITE templates company is not performing as well as they should be by all standards.
    So shoot me if this is something i feel and something i am mad about, i have nobody else to say it to who would understand why so thats why i wrote it here. And if you will BAN people for caring then go ahead, which in the end will prove to all others that you dont care about your users.

All i want is to raise awareness that there is somewhat of downturn in quality of work done. Not design side but the implementation of various other aspects.

Sorry if i stepped on your sensitive toes, and that you dont like hearing any bad things, but you know what they say, TRUTH HURTS.

At the end here are 2 points nobody can argue with:

Design of Argo is cool, simplistic, fresh and can be put to use in Magazine/News websites ONLY and i mean ONLY if you do a lot of manual custom HTML module designs, and if you yourself redesign NEWSPRO, SIDEBAR, SHOWCASE and other usefull modules that help with publishing things on front page as well as on major subpages.

If you have 2000+ articles, titles, and pictures then its useless without those modules that take your content and present them in various ways —- IS that true?

JA Argo should be basis for your new Teline-like series, which means that most of the modules should work with Argo without any manual redesign of CSS, which in turn should probably have their own Argo settings in backend.

JA Argo has large potential because of the trend it tries to follow, trend of simplicity but also it should be as Modular as possible, and NOT custom HTML modules specially tailored for demo which most of users will never reproduce in production sites.

I hope that clarifies why i am stressed out, and I do apologize if things i wanted to bring up came all wrong.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@rosmacja 365265 wrote:</em><blockquote>A post like this is really going to get you somewhere! Probably banned…you should learn a little manners and how to be constructive! :eek:</blockquote>

No, we do not ban members for feedback, In my 4-5 years as moderator here, hardly 3-5 paid members were banned, mostly for being abusive.

What we learn from this thread is that Splico and Shannon are not happy with Argo and they want JA to put in more effort, I have already passed your feedback to the designers and coders, hope they come up with something that pleases the members especially Splico and Shannon….

TomC Moderator

<em>@splico123 365356 wrote:</em><blockquote>If you will ban people for their opinions which are backed by facts that you can see throughout this forum then something is wrong with you. Freedom of speech is one thing that can backlash on you if you try to stop that, and with that also goes any input which US the users who pay your jobs give you.

As for the constructive criticism, i stand by what i said, and i am sure there is a large majority of people on forums who think the same. So stop your silly THREATS and both you and us users can work together to bring best products.

And you are wrong by saying all your things about my manners, i have been member of this community for years now, i have helped people, reported bugs, tried to help with ideas etc. And number of people usually thank me for that help. YES this was my personal opinion and i AM FREE TO EXPRESS it if i like to, and in this case i got really mad because my FAVORITE templates company is not performing as well as they should be by all standards.
    So shoot me if this is something i feel and something i am mad about, i have nobody else to say it to who would understand why so thats why i wrote it here. And if you will BAN people for caring then go ahead, which in the end will prove to all others that you dont care about your users..</blockquote>

I’m sorry, but can you please point out when and who – in any position to do so – said or “threatened” anything about “banning” you for expressing your personal opinion(s)?

<em>@splico123 365356 wrote:</em><blockquote>All i want is to raise awareness that there is somewhat of downturn in quality of work done. Not design side but the implementation of various other aspects.

Sorry if i stepped on your sensitive toes, and that you dont like hearing any bad things, but you know what they say, TRUTH HURTS.</blockquote>
    Once again … YOUR “truth” based on YOUR OWN personal OPINION . . . . .

let’s make this truth abundantly clear, shall we?

<em>@splico123 365356 wrote:</em><blockquote>At the end here are 2 points nobody can argue with: </blockquote>

In the end, there is one point you seem to overlook . . . JA Argo is a template – which means that neither it nor any other JA Template is intended to be an out-of-the-box/turnkey website solution sans any personalization/modification on the part of the individual site user/administrator. OF COURSE there are going to be supplemental elements that one will want/need to incorporate – based on one’s particular website vision and needs … and that’s the whole point to developing/providing website templates.

drarvindWhat we learn from this thread is that Splico and Shannon are not happy with Argo and they want JA to put in more effort, I have already passed your feedback to the designers and coders, hope they come up with something that pleases the members especially Splico and Shannon….

Well, let us hope so … but let us all also understand the reality and truth that you simply will not please 100% of the people 100% of the time. There will always be those who are not as pleased or excited over a particular (in this case) template offering as others may otherwise be.

As I said in my initial response within this discussion – and it bears worth repeating – constructive criticism involves consideration, feedback, comments and suggestions for areas for possible improvement – rather than absolute conclusionary condemnation based on one’s personal/subjective dislike for any given particular element(s).

😎

norchris Friend

Hi! I am considering using the template for a new, long-lasting and (for me) big project.

The comments above from splico123 are disturbing and I cannot really evaluate if there are failures in the template and how they will influence our work.

I hope that I can start using the template and that it will work nicely, like the Blank T3V3 I recently installed. Could you please describe issues I should be aware of?

Do I really have to do a lot of manual design, image scaling etc?

I am not familiar with NewsPro, SideNews etc. Are these modules I need? Why/why not?

Thank you for your help 🙂

Norchris

TomC Moderator

I would recommend you not only read spilco’s subjective/personal comments, but also the comments from both myself and drarvindc.

If – after testing out the features of JA Argo via JoomlArt’s Demo Builder application – you find that the template fits with the vision/plan you have for your own site, then that’s the way you should go.

Remember, a template is merely a starting point …. what makes the site special is what YOU do with it from that point.

😎

norchris Friend

Hi Tom and Splico123!

Be sure, I only read what contains substantial information about the template. 🙂

Splico123 wrote
    “Design of Argo is cool, simplistic, fresh and can be put to use in Magazine/News websites ONLY and i mean ONLY if you do a lot of manual custom HTML module designs, and if you yourself redesign NEWSPRO, SIDEBAR, SHOWCASE and other usefull modules that help with publishing things on front page as well as on major subpages. ”

I would appreciate it a lot if you have some “neutral” comments connected to this. To what extent will it be necessary to write manual custom HTML. Can I integrate NEWSPRO so that the extension will appear with the Argo design?

Thanks!

Norchris

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  norchris 11 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum