Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author

Hi guys,
    March 2013 Joomla! template is going to be delayed by over 2 weeks, please bear with us. Below is the preview (crude one’s) of JA Argo. The final version would be much much better, so do not worry about the simple looks the preview images have.

Some of the features would be :

• Built on T3 Framework stable version
    • Fully compatible with Joomla! 2.5 & Joomla! 3.0
    • Fully responsive template
    • Will support K2 content
    • Will support Megamenu
    • And some additional styles.

Sneak Peek1: Home page in desktop

Sneak Peek2: Full Homepage

View the higher resolution Here

splico123 Friend

looks very usable at first glance, of course if you get some space between the modules, and some definition down on lower part of homepage screen, even usable for a Portal type that i am building.

As far as your lateness, my two cents are :

Build Quality ITEM > on time, make it a MONTH late just do it RIGHT, and lets hope you put in some extensions and modules in that one, and not JASLIDESHOWLITE, we have no use for that one, need dynamic pulls from text to slideshow.
    Give us JA NEWSPRO, JA NEWSFEATURED skins for this and you have my vote for the template of the month 🙂

I see you are going for Win8 look, its cool, lets see how you develop it to the end.

Is it possible to post updated pictures and little more information on specifics about template?

tom_laan84 Friend

Wow, those images….

it’s like you wear a pink outfit with orange pants!

Windows themed website on a macbook pro ;);) That really doesn’t go together. the windows theme might just break the screen. lol

Whats with all the windows 8 styling lately? lol

Looks like another template with no room at all for a logo…

For the rest, it looks good.

splico123 Friend

Personally i like the style, i just hope they implement some good and usefull components and modules in it, by that i mean style the modules they have which are awesome.

Then hopefully Hung will post updated pictures of work in progress…

Really looking forward to this one, hope they dont dissapoint

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@Hung Dinh 362386 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Below is the preview (crude one’s) of JA Argo. The final version would be much much better, so do not worry about the simple looks the preview images have.
    </blockquote>

We will have the demo up by next weekend, then we all would know how this upcoming template gonna look like.

Regards

Arvind

tomo555 Friend

What happened to the really innovative templates like Ja_Lens. This is just another average template. We want to see really inspiring templates that will help make our websites stand out from the crowd. There are enough suggestions in the forums to get inspired by yet month on month we seem to be satisfied with average content that other template clubs offer as well. Come on guys, you have the talents to design Aston Martins yet you design Nissan Micras………

splico123 Friend

<em>@tomo555 362578 wrote:</em><blockquote>What happened to the really innovative templates like Ja_Lens. This is just another average template. We want to see really inspiring templates that will help make our websites stand out from the crowd. There are enough suggestions in the forums to get inspired by yet month on month we seem to be satisfied with average content that other template clubs offer as well. Come on guys, you have the talents to design Aston Martins yet you design Nissan Micras………</blockquote>because for them its easier to put out an average template out in a month than take 3 months and put out one template that would be awesome. They are after the money, and not quality. which to me is wrong policy of owners, or they have no clue or they dont care, must be one of those two.

They used to be the best. now just average and rolling towards the bottom part of average company for templates. Cant help it since they rarely listen to forum people.

austenn01 Friend

Hello,

For me this is just a port of the JA Mero….For me, its feels like you ran out of time and decided to take an old template and make some changes to save time (kinda like what your customers do…we take your template and make minor modifications…this is what this template looks like).

Sorry to be harsh, but its been a very long time since I have seen a JA Joomla template worth using, and this disappoints me greatly as I want to be using T3 V3.

Phill Moderator

C’mon guys, it is impossible to tell from a couple of very early preview images whether this will be a good template or not. Give it until the live demo is up before writing it off.

As for templates of late there have been some very good ones and a couple that I personally didn’t like. Unlike some template clubs all of JAs offerings have been very usable in a variety of sites and have all been nice and simple to use. That I one of the things that makes JA standout. Some recent templates from other sources have been totally over the top in an attempt to stand out. This leaves them complicated for the user to find what they need on a site and in some cases the developer needs to spend weeks learning the template just to do the simplest of tasks. The best sites out there have simple and clean designs, they stand out because of their simplicity. Just look at the google homepage as a prime example. JA follow that simple is best ethos and I hope they stay that way.

splico123 Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 362743 wrote:</em><blockquote>C’mon guys, it is impossible to tell from a couple of very early preview images whether this will be a good template or not. Give it until the live demo is up before writing it off.

As for templates of late there have been some very good ones and a couple that I personally didn’t like. Unlike some template clubs all of JAs offerings have been very usable in a variety of sites and have all been nice and simple to use. That I one of the things that makes JA standout. Some recent templates from other sources have been totally over the top in an attempt to stand out. This leaves them complicated for the user to find what they need on a site and in some cases the developer needs to spend weeks learning the template just to do the simplest of tasks. The best sites out there have simple and clean designs, they stand out because of their simplicity. Just look at the google homepage as a prime example. JA follow that simple is best ethos and I hope they stay that way.</blockquote>

Simple is the best, but one thing to remember, Simple Design and Show of content is the best, which does not mean the site cant be complex and yet simple????

IMHO thats what the job of the template producing company is, make a very complex template that LOOKS simple, that is the goal, ie. use of modules, which in turn are reworked for the certain template to fit in.

The user experience and view is that we as users want to show all we can show with least amount of modifications. thats why i said up there somewhere that we dont want and dont need JA_slideshowlite, because to change it we need to do a lot, and for the sites like my clients have its a no no, or that means i need to change their 4 to 10 slideshows daily. while with ja_newspro module you can get same effect and its all dynamic, so why not make a slideshow dynamic????

that is the whole gripe we have, well most of us who actually care about JA. we want to have great content with your great extensions and modules, and in past few months we didnt have that, we had average templates with very few customized modules/extensions.

this is what i hope you guys change.

cheers

Phill Moderator

I agree, a dynamic slideshow pulling data from a catogory is great and something we are used to rather than the more manual methods of late. Hopefully the devs will put some thought into that idea although it does present many little problems. Things like image quality when cropped to fit or users not being happy with the wording chose by such scripts are all things that have caused issues in the past.

splico123 Friend

yes, and more to the case is that for magazine and newspaper site, even catalogs, people dont want to put manually pictures, descriptions and titles, imagine how much work it is to change it each time boss calls for new promotion, for new news, article to feature etc, and its not only one input, most sites put those slideshows at front page, or at category pages where they want to put 4, 5 or even 10 pictures/descriptions.

So excuse my wording, (not native english speaker) but we really dont like/want slidesholite to be chosen in your templates at all. make it easy for us and not harder to administer clients sites.

pedrox Friend

Please, facilitate interactivity :laugh:

John Friend

<em>@splico123 362419 wrote:</em><blockquote>looks very usable at first glance, of course if you get some space between the modules, and some definition down on lower part of homepage screen, even usable for a Portal type that i am building.

As far as your lateness, my two cents are :

Build Quality ITEM > on time, make it a MONTH late just do it RIGHT, and lets hope you put in some extensions and modules in that one, and not JASLIDESHOWLITE, we have no use for that one, need dynamic pulls from text to slideshow.
    Give us JA NEWSPRO, JA NEWSFEATURED skins for this and you have my vote for the template of the month 🙂

I see you are going for Win8 look, its cool, lets see how you develop it to the end.

Is it possible to post updated pictures and little more information on specifics about template?</blockquote>

Well I am with you on that one. Build a quality template and extension and don’t try and copy a look of Microsoft. That is why we do templates and other designs is to be individual. I just want to see better templates coming out that will make the conversion to J3.0

bowman999 Friend

Looks very good! Will this have the auto loading article feature from JA Wall? I notice a “spinning” wheel at the bottom of the page…
    Hope so.

Cheers

John

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)

This topic contains 50 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  pedrox 11 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum