JA Social Feed Plugin Introduction
- Updated on:19 Aug, 2022
- Version:1.5.0 Changelog
The JA Social Feed Plug-in imports content automatically from popular social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Vimeo, Instagram, RSS, Pinterest and Flickr and adds to the Joomla or K2 category as articles.
At first, we intended to develop this plugin for JA Wall Bundle but after that it is widely used as a powerful tool to import content.
- Imports content automatically from popular social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Vimeo, Instagram, RSS, Pinterest and Flickr
- Support multiple profiles for each social feed
- Store the imported items as Joomla or K2 articles
- Update article when its orginal content is changed
- Use images in imported content based on defined image size
- Save image to your your site or use image from source site
- Set number of items to be imported each time
Facebook now requires Facebook API to get feed, please upgrade the plugin to latest version and follow the details documentation →
JA Social Feed Features
Supports 8 most popular social channels
The plugin allows you to import content from the most social media sites including: RSS, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Vimeo, Instagram, Flickr and Pinterest..
Import content automatically or manually
The plugin allows you to import content automatically or manually from created & enabled profiles. Hit the "Run Now" to import immediately or set the cron interval for auto import.
Support multiple profiles
For each social feed, you can create unlimited profiles to get content from. If you don't want to import content from a specific profile, just disable the profile.
Save imported content as Joomla or K2 articles
For each profile, you can configure to save imported content to a category of Joomla com_content for K2 component, it's up to you.
Use the content your way
The imported content can be used to build social site, social feed page. We have take advantage of the content to build social feed layouts for our Joomla templates:
- JA Resume social feed page - live demo →
- JA Wall social feed layout - live demo →
- JA Intranet social feed page - live demo →
Update edited content for imported articles
When the original content of an article imported to your site is changed, you can update the changes to the article by enabling the option "Update article", then run the importing function.
Multiple options for images
The plugin contain multiple options for images:
- Display images or not
- Save images to your server or not
- Filter items to import based on defined image size
Set number of items to be imported
For each profile, you can configure maximum number of items to be imported each time you run the importing function.