JA Image Hotspot Introduction
JA Image Hotspot module is a free Joomla extension to help you upload any static image then fill in information for a specific area that you want to point out in your image. You can add unlimited markers, each marker can have its own title and description. You can select to always show pointer title and description or only show those information on mouse hover. The module is easily customizable, one can easily change the marker types and upload own image or map and the best part is that this module is responsive and fits well even in mobile and tablets.
- Flexible Back-end settings
- Unlimited markers (easy to customize)
- Drag and drop markers or define using Offset X and Offset Y
- Support 4 content types: Text, Video, Web Link, Social and video.
- Select pointer type from pointer list
- Support 2 point types: Font Awesome 4 icon & image icon
- A responsive module that fits all devices
- Upload your own image easily right from the backend
Add unlimited markers in intuitive admin panel
You can add as many markers to the image map, each marker is a pointer with icon or image and it has popup with info when hovering.
Supports 4 content types
You can add info for each marker flexibly as the module now supports up to 4 content types: Text, Video, Web link and Social.
Icon and Image point type
For each marker, it has an icon, the icon can be font awesome 4 icon or image icon.
Select pointer from pointer list
All added pointers will be listed in the "Dropdown marker" box. Select a pointer in the list and its popup will be displayed.
You can upload your own image and even use custom markers to use with this module. Highlight a map or car or a park layout.
Ease of customization
These settings are really helpful if you want the module to have a different outlook, you can change the color for background, main content, button, shadow, tabs, title, etc.
Version 1.1.4 04 Jan, 2019
- Feature Request: Support 'Click' option for the tooltips
- Click option: with dropdown function doesn't work properly
- Video content type doesn't work
- Fix issue with type website with unicode
- Support HTTPS
Version 1.1.3 18 May, 2017
- Modify the height and width of the popups
- Icon Pointers disappear after upgrade
Version 1.1.2 20 Apr, 2017
- Auto Position
- Update JS Library
- Mobile view: missing opacity.
- Hover: not on right position on first time hovering.
- Always show: must be hidden when click to icon.
- Tooltip background Color: doesn't work
- Joomla 3.7: can't add image in backend
- Link: click to icon doesn't link to new page.
- Select drop down to show Popup >> not showing. (type Click)
- Image: doesn't show on front-end.
Version 1.1.1 21 Feb, 2017
- Update JED update-server
- Pointer text not displaying correctly in the box in IE11
Version 1.1.0 29 Aug, 2016
- Support more Pointer Content Type
- Improve backend UI
Version 1.0.8 19 Mar, 2015
- Different tooltip background colours per marker type
- Do not display line break in popover
- Need to hit two times on a pointer to see the description of the pointer in Chrome in Adnroid
Version 1.0.7 26 Sep, 2014
- Add new setting to configured delay time for tooltip
- Can not print position marker
Version 1.0.6 20 May, 2014
- Update to compatible with JQuery 1.9+
Version 1.0.5 17 Mar, 2014
- To hide a pop up after few second from taking your pointer out of hot spot
- Point marker is overlapping Pop-over fade in the case Tooltips option always show
- Dropdown and point marker funtions have error on mobile
Version 1.0.4 12 Feb, 2014
- Add hyperlink parameters
- Changes don't apply for point type regarding on icon and color after these settings have been modified in backend
- [RTL] Tooltip is showing in the wrong position when switching to Arabic language
- Dropdown selection box should have border
- Tooltips should be shown near the point markers
- After removing the image and save, textbox should be empty