Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author

The new forum has just been set up and we are trying to turn this place into a useful place for Joomla community as well as our club members and customers.

And, first thing first, only a good mod team can help to make this real.

If you think you meet the following requirements, you should consider becoming a moderator for joomlart.com Forum:

(1) Have strong Joomla CMS knowledge and experience. A good technical background is an additional desirable skill.
    (2) Very good in technical writing.
    (3) Know joomlart.com’s web site, templates and other joomla products well.
    (4) Have at least 50 posted messages already on this forum to show your writing skills and knowledge.

As a moderator, you are responsible for answering questions in certain areas of this forum of your choice. You can work 24-7 and from anywhere in the world so long you have Internet access.

In return, you will get 01 year JA Templates Club Membership and Premium access to all other JoomlArt products for FREE. Your membership and download access will be considered for renewal before expiration date. The renewal consideration will be based on your work and contribution to Joomlart.com

Besides answering questions in our forum, you’re also welcome to post your own question-and-answers to topics that you think may be of public interest (what we call Share J! – share Joomla experience).

We emphasize quality over quantity. We’ll monitor the quality of your posts frequently. We may give you feedback about your posts. We encourage in-depth, high-quality posts which can be made sticky in appropriate forums. We may consider giving extra bonuses for those high-quality posts.

Besides posting in this forum, you also have three other ways to make contributions to joomlart.com:

(1) Sending e-mails to webmaster@joomlart.com to point out technical errors on our web site.
    (2) Suggesting hot Joomla products and services that you think we should carry.
    (3) Posting joomlart.com links at other forums to help others to find out and discover useful joomla tutorials, templates and other joomla products at our site.

Again, your contribution will be rewarded based on the quantity of your work.

If you’re interested in becoming a moderator for joomlart.com and contribute your knowledge to JoomlArt community, please send an e-mail to webmaster@joomlart.com. Let us know your screen name. We’ll discuss further about the arrangements and benifit in details.

1. 2
    Michael Casha Friend

.:: Moderator Position Guidelines::.

Being a moderator at the JoomlArt forums is a prestigious position which we give out to the finest members who are keyed into assisting the community If you’re chosen to become a moderator, we’d ask that you follow some simple rules and guidelines.

Moderator’s Jobs
    As a moderator, you have the following jobs that we’d ask you to do.

• Delete Bad forum posts
    • Assist the community with their template issues
    • Be a good role-model for other members
    • Make an appearance on the forum at least 30 minutes a day (if possible)
    • Create posts that will assist others (ie, tutorials, graphics, whatever is possible for you to do)

Rules
    As a moderator you’ll need to follow the following rules.

• Be helpful, but not arrogant
    • Do not put down users, use constructive criticism
    • All other rules set out in the forum rules upon registration

If you’re stuck
    If you’re not sure what to do, please PM (Private Message) one of the administrators or Super Moderators. They’re there to help you out.

Rewards
    We would like to thank the moderators who assist us with rewards. These rewards usually contain a standard license for the period of time that you are a moderator. Please do not misuse these rewards, and the standard conditions apply with these rewards.

Last Note
    The administrators at JoomlArt have the right to remove your moderator’s position and rewards at any time if they feel it is appropriate to do so.

Hung Dinh Friend

As of today, with 77,340 registered users and 9311 JATC & JAEC Club Members it is high time for JoomlArt to call in more staff.

Positions available on a yearly basis and based on exceptional community spirit and cooperation.

Requirements:

1. Exceptional Joomla! and JoomlArt spirit
    2. Helpful, courteous and patient
    3. Good community building skill
    4. Skilled – eg. programmers, designers, copywriters (creates articles), and communicators (good communication skills)

If you are interested, please send a private message with the following details to Hung Dinh or MiCCAS

1. Your Full Name
    2. Your Location
    3. Your working time and availability
    4. Your Joomla product, website (if any)
    5. Why you want to be a JoomlArt staff?
    6. What you expect once become a JoomlArt staff
    instantinlaw Friend

Two Thumbs Up Hung!
    Thank You. 😀

Menalto Friend

PM sendt;)

Hung Dinh Friend

Thank you Menalto and instantinlaw! Got the PMs. More and more are coming in… 😉

instantinlaw Friend

That’s great news. 😀

nathanbohn Friend

can we be mod and staff?

Hung Dinh Friend

It is an interesting question, I myself think that Mod have more power at forum while staff may involve in more other works of the team eg: Article writing, tutorials and documentation for templates and extension, email support and even taking part in discussion of business issues of JA.

So I think a Mod still need to apply to become a Staff member as well

bigrk Friend

What would be the advantage of becoming a JoomlArt Staff Volunteer? I haven’t seen anything to indicate that there would be something in return for doing this. I’m not sure that I am getting the point here.

ShannonN Friend

bigrk;20311What would be the advantage of becoming a JoomlArt Staff Volunteer? I haven’t seen anything to indicate that there would be something in return for doing this. I’m not sure that I am getting the point here.

Respect, glory? Warm fuzzy feelings? maybe a dev membership? Who knows?

bigrk Friend

<em>@ShannonN 20326 wrote:</em><blockquote>Respect, glory? Warm fuzzy feelings? maybe a dev membership? Who knows?</blockquote>

Yeah, but why would I want to do this? I’m starting to think that instead of hiring some actual staff to help out in the forum JA would like to put JA Staff next to a volunteers name and then proceed as though something has actually changed here in the way of support. Promises…promises.

ShannonN Friend

bigrk;20334Yeah, but why would I want to do this? I’m starting to think that instead of hiring some actual staff to help out in the forum JA would like to put JA Staff next to a volunteers name and then proceed as though something has actually changed here in the way of support. Promises…promises.

Hmmn without getting too deep into it on the forum, I would rather ask, what do you want, or expect JA to give YOU to become staff support etc, you sound like you expect demand cash? payment. That’s fine, I’d love 50 bucks per hour but it’s not going to happen.

We as developer members have a higher expectation of longevity of Joomlart as a company, the company may or may not have staffing, financial problems whatever, but I know many here have joined paid for a 5 yr developers licence, that’s a lot more than $70 buck basic membership.

It’s in those ppls interest that JA stays open for business for the next 5 years, if we developer members and others have to spend an hour a day online and a few offline developing guides etc to ensure the continued progress and future of JA then it’s in our interest to do so. I find helping others with css and coding forces me to get of my ass and try some solutions look at code etc something I got really slack at and started loosing skills I had learned as a result of inaction.

So I benefit in some small way myself.

I could go on but that’s enough of my answer

I have said in a previous post/section I’m concerned that we support ppl will be used to free up Ja resources so they can continue to hire out as freelancers etc etc and leave us with the bag as you are concerned also about , but i am pushing for some answers and will be emailing Hung and the major support volunteers to get together with ideas etc

Cheers Shannonn

Menalto Friend

There is many solutions here, but no clear answer yet.
    ShannoN & bigrk, you have many good points there and many questions that needes to be answered.

And myself, i feel that this here shouldnt take so long time to get going.
    Many of you have writed and complain about support etc, not only the last week, i have read posts about that since i joined here also.
    To make JA the greatest club and make it stay on top, it both need to deliver 1 class templates(2 pr month as usual) and 1 class support(there is many people who really needs alot of help,from installing joomla to install a template +++++++).
    I have said yes to be part of the support here, why?
    I enjoy to help out people.
    What do i excpect to get back?
    It all depends on the JA team, but i have some ideas that might come out good for all of us.

bigrk Friend

<em>@ShannonN 20363 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hmmn without getting too deep into it on the forum, I would rather ask, what do you want, or expect JA to give YOU to become staff support etc, you sound like you expect demand cash? payment. That’s fine, I’d love 50 bucks per hour but it’s not going to happen.

We as developer members have a higher expectation of longevity of Joomlart as a company, the company may or may not have staffing, financial problems whatever, but I know many here have joined paid for a 5 yr developers licence, that’s a lot more than $70 buck basic membership.

It’s in those ppls interest that JA stays open for business for the next 5 years, if we developer members and others have to spend an hour a day online and a few offline developing guides etc to ensure the continued progress and future of JA then it’s in our interest to do so. I find helping others with css and coding forces me to get of my ass and try some solutions look at code etc something I got really slack at and started loosing skills I had learned as a result of inaction.

So I benefit in some small way myself.

I could go on but that’s enough of my answer

I have said in a previous post/section I’m concerned that we support ppl will be used to free up Ja resources so they can continue to hire out as freelancers etc etc and leave us with the bag as you are concerned also about , but i am pushing for some answers and will be emailing Hung and the major support volunteers to get together with ideas etc

Cheers Shannonn</blockquote>

I’m curious why anyone in their right mind would shell out almost $2,500.00 to buy a five year developer membership when the only developer membership being offered is one year for $499.00. That sounds extremely risky to me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)

This topic contains 45 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  josuexp1 10 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum