Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Hi

I know this is not strictly a template issue – but the module ‘your shopping cart’ as seen in the demo has a ‘show cart’ button followed by a one line of the quantity of products and the cost.

Well my module seems to only want to list all the products not have the button as suggested.

Please can you assist?

Thanks

favoriteu Friend

I’m new here. Joined the club just because of this template (great work Hung… nice to see a good, clean VirtueMart template).

I am also looking for the answer to this question. I want my shopping cart to appear as it does in the demo, but I only have the text “Your Cart is currently empty”. Can you tell us is that a special Shopping Cart module, or did you modify it to display as it does in the demo?

Thanks.

bigrk Friend

Post your URL’s so we can see what you are talking about. And I would assume you are both using Joomla 1.5. Is that correct? Also remember that the initial release of templates are the beta version so we can all report initial problems. Read this thread: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/template-release-schedule-updates/ although the release schedule has changed for this one and the next two it will be next week when a stable version will be ready for download.

favoriteu Friend

Yes, I’m using Joomla 1.5.4 and VirtueMart 1.1.1. Fresh installs today.

So there is much to be done on the sites and only some same content so I can get the site built, but you can see what I’m talking about here:

**domain removed**

bigrk Friend

So, you didn’t use the QuickStart Package?

jalp123 Friend

no i didnt – i installed newest virtumart copy from there website. 1.111

bigrk Friend

One of the developers will have to help you with this. I haven’t done anything with this template yet. I usually wait until the stable version is released. You could compare the element in Firebug between the demo and your site and make the necessary changes to yours. I’m not sure how this will work with VirtueMart though. Just a thought.

anisjolly Friend

i’ve just had a look at your website and the reason why it lists the products is that you’re using a different module in the cart bit that what the demo template is – OR you need to configure the module that you’re using to show only the number of items and not the cart item list.

As i’ve not looked at your backend, I can’t say this confidently but when you add products to the cart – it certainly seems that this is the case.

It would’ve been easier to install the quickstart template and then amend the product lists and updated the look and feel of the site too.

i think it may save you the time in the long term to re-install it all and configure it but then again it all depends on how much time you’re looking to spend trying to fix this compared to re-installing it.

favoriteu Friend

I don’t think the OP was talking about the product slideshow (at least I wasn’t). I am talking about the Cart module at the top right corner. I used the standard Shopping Cart module that comes with VirtueMart. If the demo uses a different one, than can you just tell me what that is? In the one what comes VirtueMart, there are no options to add or remove the button.

Khanh Le Moderator

The cart module used in demo is mod_virtuemart_cart, downloaded from VM site. We use all standard modules from Virtuemart without modification. As anisjolly suggests, you should install the quickstart package, then make your customization from that point. It’s much quicker and easier.

favoriteu Friend

khanh le – thank you for your response, but that is the same module I am using… I checked the version number in the module, its exactly the same.

I understand your point about the QuickStart, and I’m new here, so forgive me… But isn’t the point of having a “template” so you can change your site’s appearance without starting over? Telling me/us the only way to get the appearance of the template is to start over seems contrary to the very purpose of this “club”. Something was obviously modified to get the shopping cart to appear the way it does in the demo, and from my point of view, it would be a lot easier to tell me that than tell me to just start over with the Quick Start. From your point of view, its easier to tell me to just do the QuickStart than figure out why things are different.

I understand that. But again… what is the point of applying “templates” to sites if you have to start over in order to get them to appear as they are advertised?

I’ve tried firebug and the “web developer” plugin for Firefox to figure out why your cart has a button and mine does not. I’m failing to see the difference. And while I respect your insistance that I just install the QuickStart… to me that’s not an option. What if I start all of my work over and it still looks the same?

So I guess I’m left to figuring this out on my own.

Thanks for your help and replies anyway. I do appreciate that you took the time to reply. I just disagree that the answer has to be starting over from scratch.

Khanh Le Moderator

Ok, I agree that is the same module. The diffirent thing here is the theme used for VM component. We develop a theme for VM to use with Mesolite template. You could get this theme inside the QuickStart package (components/com_virtuemart/themes/ja-mesolite. We will package this theme separatedly in stable release.

dean123 Friend

<em>@favoriteu 70104 wrote:</em><blockquote>I don’t think the OP was talking about the product slideshow (at least I wasn’t). I am talking about the Cart module at the top right corner. I used the standard Shopping Cart module that comes with VirtueMart. If the demo uses a different one, than can you just tell me what that is? In the one what comes VirtueMart, there are no options to add or remove the button.</blockquote>
    Yes I have installed & my cart is perfectly fine, you need to go through the documentation of Virtuemart’s version installed on VM website… The cart module I used is mod_virtuemart_cart, this cart is same in demo as well.

jalp123 Friend

<em>@khanh le 70287 wrote:</em><blockquote>Ok, I agree that is the same module. The diffirent thing here is the theme used for VM component. We develop a theme for VM to use with Mesolite template. You could get this theme inside the QuickStart package (components/com_virtuemart/themes/ja-mesolite. We will package this theme separatedly in stable release.</blockquote>

Ok sorry – can you tell me how we install this theme? Is it by using the installer in Joomla?

sea dog Friend

I don’t know if it’s relevant, but I’ve installed the quickstart version and when i go to the Virtuemart component and select Configuration | Site it shows the theme used as ja-mesolite. In my componentscom_virtuemartthemes folder there is a ja-mesolite folder containing the theme images and files. Maybe you could extract this from the quickstart, upload it and select the theme?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

This topic contains 25 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  favoriteu 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum