Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

ok dropped the entire ja-mesolite into the theme drecrtory – went into virtuemary configuration and it automatically showed up within the drop down for theme.

jalp123 Friend

Works fine now.

sea dog Friend

Glad it worked 🙂

bigrk Friend

Marking as solved.
    🙂

insales5002 Friend

I just signed up,, I ive searched all day and cant find installtion instructions. I want to use JA mesolite. DO I inststall vituecart first, or what? How do you install it and get it working.. I tried unzipping the file and installing the individual components but many files are missing the xml scrips for install. does it come with virtue mart in the download.. there needs to be a place to read about your templates!!

anisjolly Friend

Hi insales5002

You need to unzip the initial file you downloaded from here on JA and then you should have 3 zips (or folders).

If you want to end up with a site which is exactly the same as the demo, then you need to unzip the Quickstart zip file and upload the whole folder to your webspace.

once you’ve done that – visit http://yourwebsite/yourjoomlafoldername (if you have one)/ and then simply complete the installation.

Don;t forget to install the sample data or you’ll end up with a blank site and no sample products.

That’s all you need to do.

You’ll end up with a full site with Virtuemart installed too. All that’s left to do is to configure the site and VM to what you want them to be.

dean123 Friend

<em>@insales5002 70750 wrote:</em><blockquote>I just signed up,, I ive searched all day and cant find installtion instructions. I want to use JA mesolite. DO I inststall vituecart first, or what? How do you install it and get it working.. I tried unzipping the file and installing the individual components but many files are missing the xml scrips for install. does it come with virtue mart in the download.. there needs to be a place to read about your templates!!</blockquote>

Please follow the instructions Step vise, you will be fine :-

First Install VirtueMart from Virtuemart website, install the virtuemart componant, then install Mod_virtuemart which is the most important module, then install mod_featured_Products, then if you want you can install other modules just to scribble & learn
    – Download Ja Mesolite-> Extract
    – Install Template thru automatic installation
    – Upload theme inside theme folder of VirtueMart
    via FTP inside Joomla_site_path/components/com_virtuemart/themes/

Go to backend of joomla & component > Virtuemart
    In configurations or sumwhere there is an option to select your theme, select ja_mesolite

Back to Joomla Admin :-
    1.) Install all 3 Modules for Ja_mesolite
    2.) Go to Site — > Template Manager –> Module Positions
    3.) Check you got 2 main Module Positions
    4.) Site > Preview > inline with positions – It will show you all the module positions
    5.) Assign Mesolite modules with appropriate positions
    If those positions are not present – Then you create it this way – V. Simple
    6.) Site > Template Manager > Module Positions
    write the name vm-lp & vm-fp in 2 different positions “Leave discription blank please” & click save, check all the positions are present here otherwise create them, you know all the module positions from step 4.
    vm-lp will be assigned to module Mod_ja_vmproductslide
    vm-fp to featured products of virtuemart
    slideshow position will be assigned to module ja_slideshow

=====================================================
    Dont forget to say thnx if sumone helps you out ! 😉

anisjolly Friend

hey dean

i think the quickstart is the better option – don’t want to confuse insales2005 too much 😀

thanks for the help though – keep it up.

dean123 Friend

<em>@anisjolly 70764 wrote:</em><blockquote>hey dean

i think the quickstart is the better option – don’t want to confuse insales2005 too much 😀

thanks for the help though – keep it up.</blockquote>

Sure, but he has to learn it someday… I would ask him to keep messing if he has beta site. But yea sales if you want it quick then do quickstart man..

favoriteu Friend

<em>@insales5002 70750 wrote:</em><blockquote>I just signed up,, I ive searched all day and cant find installtion instructions. I want to use JA mesolite. DO I inststall vituecart first, or what? How do you install it and get it working.. I tried unzipping the file and installing the individual components but many files are missing the xml scrips for install. does it come with virtue mart in the download.. there needs to be a place to read about your templates!!</blockquote>

If you want to install it like the demo, this is what you do.

1. Upload the quickstart package into the root of your web directory.
    2. Uncompress the quickstart package.
    3. Run the normal joomla installation and install sample data.

That’s it. The quick start has all of the modules, VirtueMart, Joomla, etc. Then you can login to the Administrator back end and start customizing.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

This topic contains 25 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  favoriteu 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum