Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi and thanks for this great plugin.

I’d only like to know how do URLs of imported articles look like?

What I mean is, can I import K2 items into com_content articles and after that somehow keep the the URLs as they were with K2? Because if not, thousands of old URLs will get 404.

Luna Garden Moderator

Hi Obliat,

Thanks for interested in our product.

This plugin imported items from K2 component to com_content. These two are different components, so the URL to the article, category, tag will be changed after importing.
    The solution is you used another component to redirect broken link to new link as long as it follows menu item alias – like SH404 is a good example for this case.

obliat Friend

Thanks a lot – as usual I see this too late as I don’t get notifications from JA forums despite I have all settings correct.

Again, thanks for the useful plugin and I’m thinking a great feature would be the plugin to provide the option to set automatic redirects to the new URLs. I’m just not willing to put another component into my Teline V set up (like SH404) but if this is the only way I’ll have to carefully get into the details before I proceed.

obliat Friend

Thanks a lot – as usual I see this too late as I don’t get notifications from JA forums despite I have all settings correct.

Again, thanks for the useful plugin and I’m thinking a great feature would be the plugin to provide the option to set automatic redirects to the new URLs. I’m just not willing to put another component into my Teline V set up (like SH404) but if this is the only way I’ll have to carefully get into the details before I proceed.

Luna Garden Moderator

Hi,

We have recently released new version of JA K2 Migration which supports option to redirect old link of K2 to new content. Here is info of new version:

Documentation: https://www.joomlart.com/documentation/joomla-plugins/k2-to-com-content-migration-plugin

Download: https://www.joomlart.com/downloads/joomla-extensions/ja-k2-data-migration-plugin/

obliat Friend

Amazing – thank you guys! I backed upm but still scared as a kid to proceed LOL. Will probably do a WAMP test before I go with the production site. Thousands of K2 items…

It cannot be a coincidence that I decided to do it today, got into the forum to check, I found the new version post above. Awesome.

Oddly enough, I didn’t get a notification email for this reply as I don’t get such from JA forum for years now despite all settings correct. Was surprised that I got one single notification yesterday for another post (so actually one is several years), but not this one.

Luna Garden Moderator

Hi,

Did you try to check the spam box and see whether the mail come there or not?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Luna Garden 8 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum