Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author

<em>@Nazario A 380878 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi djmac,

The Twitter module has the latest version 2.5.7 and the Social Feed plugin has the latest version 1.1.0.

Try to update to these latest versions and follow instruction in user guide:
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-social-feed-plugin-userguide-2/

If you are not able to do that you can send me ADMIN account for further checking.

Regards</blockquote>

Hi Nazario.

Thanks for the reply, but I’ve now got it working. I copied my OAuth settings in again and it started working! I obviously made and error when copying the settings into the module first time round. :-[

kjlarski JATC

Hi Nazario-

Thank you for your continued help. A couple of questions…

1) The site is still not displaying Twitter feeds, could you please investigate why? I’ve done the OAuth steps, and have done it for other Twitter integrations, and it’s worked fine. However it’s not working for my instance of Wall.
    2) I upgraded via the JA Extension Manager, and couldn’t see the multiple profiles. Was I doing something incorrectly? I’ll want to install this on our production site, so want to know how to properly do that.

Thanks again,
    Kevin

Nazario A Friend

Hi kjlarski,

1. I tried again, I still saw Twitter feeds on your site.
    http://prntscr.com/1g2d7q

2. In JA System Social Feed plugin, each prolie is a Twitter (Facebook,…) account.
    http://prntscr.com/1g2cx6

Please try again.

Regards.

Nazario A Friend

Hi djmac,

Glad to hear your good news.

I am here and willing for any help at all time.

Regards

kjlarski JATC

Hi Nazario-

Thank you so much for your help. However, I need to deploy these changes to the production site, and need to know how you resolved this in the backend.

1) I understand how to create social profiles. However, when I upgraded via JA Extension Manager, I did not have this option. Did you do something differently to the site’s admin to see this?

2) Same thing on the Twitter feed. When I added the Oauth details, I didn’t see the Twitter feed. Now, I do, but could you please tell me what I can do to the production site to be able to see the Twitter feed?

Thanks again for your continued help.

Best,
    Kevin

phong nam Friend

Hi Kevin,

Of course, We will help to make Twitter feeds work on your website. You know, my teammate Nazario has aready transfered your issue to me with your website’s credentials few minutes ago.Well, I need some time to check carefully your configurations/profile issue and will back to you with detailed solution this evening. Hope you can wait for me.

phong nam Friend

Hi Kevin,

I have checked on your site and I ‘d like to confirm that the JA System Social Feed plugin works fine and the Tweet feeds are displayed continuously on your website now. All your configurations are completely correct in both Outh settings and Twitter profiles (Audio, Drums, Percussion, Live sound …). The recent Twitter feeds are updated & imported on-time into the selected Joomla categories.

As an example, you can see the “Percussion” Joomla category has the latest tweet data today (19/07/2013 03:14:43 PM) named “Percussion Twitter” which was created by Jeff Hawley author. This tweet content includes lines:

<blockquote>What’s the secret to @TheCavaliers sound? http://t.co/lyrk3Sv16J</blockquote>

In addition, this latest Twitter feed post is displaying at the first item when I checked out the front-end of your website. Do you still need our help on this concern now ?

Note: I also attached my snapshots to help you know the good condition of your website now.

1. 7-19-2013-4-40-45-PM
    2. 7-19-2013-4-39-50-PM
    kjlarski JATC

Hi Leo-

Thanks – I look forward to the instructions. I cannot give access to the production site, so if you could please just provide instructions, I can make the changes myself. We’re needing to make the changes in the next 24 hours, so please let me know as soon as you possibly can.

Thanks again,
    Kevin

phong nam Friend

Hi Kevin,

Can you check out my reply above ?

kjlarski JATC

Hi-

I understand that it now works, however at first, it was not working. After I gave admin access to your team, you made a change to the site in order to make it work. I need to know what you did in order to get it working because I need to make the change to our “live” site. The site that it currently works on is our test environment. Does this make sense?

Thanks,
    Kevin

phong nam Friend

Hi Kevin,

The correct info you entered in OAUTH SETTINGS boxes made JA System Social Feed plugin work fine. We just set again Cron Interval to 40 for faster tweet update, and checked out the Twitter Search queries you verified.

Note: Sometimes you should click Run Now button in Cron Interval to get the social feeds immediately since the updating time will last longer with handling over 30 social profiles. I suggest you should disable the unneccessary profiles if possible.

kjlarski JATC

Hi Leo Burnetts-

I think we are having a miscommunication. I totally understand that the site is working now – I see that. However, when I first upgraded the plugin, it was not working. A Joomlart person went into our admin panel and did “something”, and then it worked after that. I simply need to know what that “something” is so I can apply the same fix to our production site.

So I’m reproducing the error again. I’ve taken an Akeeba backup and reinstalled the site on a new test site, so you can see what I am referring to. I’ve upgraded to the latest Social Feed plugin, and once again, no multiple profiles and no Twitter feed on the front-end. Please see the screenshots. I’ll PM you the admin details to this site. I just need to know exactly what you’re doing to fix this so I can this upgrade our production “live” site myself. Thank you for your continued help, and I look forward to getting this resolved.

Thanks again,
    Kevin

1. The-Hub-Administration2
    2. Twitter-Update
    phong nam Friend

Hi Kevin,

Sure, I will guide how to configure our JA System Social Feed plugin to work on your new website. This earlier moring, I has been sent you PM with my suggestion. Can you check your inbox ?

kjlarski JATC

Hi Leo – Thanks for your PM. I sent you a Skype invite, so please ping me when you’re on. Or, if you just want to send instructions on how to get this to work, I can try to do it myself.

Thanks again for your continued help.

Best,
    Kevin

kjlarski JATC

Hi Leo and Joomlart team-

I’m following up once again on how to get this on our prod site. I haven’t seen Leo on Skype, and am on usually Skype around the clock. It’s been almost two months since the new Twitter API, and would really love some guidance. Please please help.

Thanks again,
    Kevin

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)

This topic contains 48 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  kjlarski 10 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum