Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Thanks Arvind.

Will be good to see what the team can do with Mijoshop if they do use it.

Richard A Friend

Agreed, looking forward to see it!

TomC Moderator

<em>@jameswhufc 396123 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks Arvind.

Will be good to see what the team can do with Mijoshop if they do use it.</blockquote>

Bear in mind, MijoShop remains a commercial license application for which the individual user will need to purchase his/her own license separate and apart from any JA Template designed for use with MijoShop.
    JA is not going to bear the expense to provide free licenses for everyone.

Richard A Friend

Perfectly understood and agree Tom, it comes back to my comment above:

<blockquote>Joomlart produce excellent templates, so add the best components and allow people to buy them if they wish. You already have Joomshopping covered if people do not wish to pay for an ecommerce template.</blockquote>

I thought the Joomshopping layout in JA Fixel was excellent and am sure whatever layout you design to include Mijoshop in a future template would encourage me to use it and buy the component.

You can design templates with free components to satisfy a particular customer market, include a mixture of free and commercial components or only use commercial components, but as customers we accept it is our responsibility to buy any commercial item.

I am using JA Mitius with EasyBlog, the new EasySocial (it fits very well out of the box) and intend to add Mijoshop shortly, but if (for example) Joomlart designed a template that included all 3 I am sure I would use it because your design would be superb!

TomC Moderator

<em>@dealthenuts 396163 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    I am using JA Mitius with EasyBlog, the new EasySocial (it fits very well out of the box) and intend to add Mijoshop shortly, but if (for example) Joomlart designed a template that included all 3 I am sure I would use it because your design would be superb!</blockquote>

I completely agree with that statement. 🙂

I was merely pointing out that should the JA Developers design and release a MijoShop (i.e. OpenCart + Joomla) themed/compatible template, that purchase of the template will (more likely than not) not include a MijoShop component license along with it – just as JA Social does not include a JomSocial component license with the template files.

Just wanted to make sure that this point is understood for those who are most interested in this idea.

😎

James G Friend

Fully understood Tom.

The only reason I suggested MijoShop to start with is that they are currently far superior and offer excellent support.

At the end of the day, the cost for their subscription is easily worth it.

I currently have a 2 year subscription with them so hopefully you will decide to go with it.

Scott Lavelle Friend

I’m a little confused. It seems as though Tom is saying that Joomlart would be reluctant to create a template around Mijoshop because it is strictly a commercial component (i.e. there is no free/community version), yet EasyBlog is in the same situation when there are other options for Blogs that DO have free versions. K2 (which I’ve used a number of times but I’m not a huge fan of because of some technical issues I’ve had with it) and ZOO are two examples, as are some options for comments only (like Komento, made by the same company as EasyBlog and DOES have a free version) which could be added to an article category to make it behave more like a blog. So, it’s not like there aren’t very capable options for free Blog options. I suppose I kind of understand that they might not want to create a ZOO based template since Yootheme and their framework are Joomlart competitors.

I’ve not used Mijoshop, but I have used Virtuemart and found it to be a real pain to style and administer and the support is all over the map for it. there are some people who are completely enamored with it and others who despise it completely.

I’m kind of rambling, but I guess what I’m saying is that I don’t understand why Mijoshop is getting singled out here. Just a few of my thoughts, I suppose.

Scott Lavelle - Technical Resource Solutions, LLC
    Certified Joomla Administrator

TomC Moderator

<em>@slavelle 396531 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’m a little confused. It seems as though Tom is saying that Joomlart would be reluctant to create a template around Mijoshop because it is strictly a commercial component (i.e. there is no free/community version)</blockquote>

Not what I said, or am saying, at all.

What I was trying to explain is that if/when the JA Developers create a template themed for use with MijoShop – and although the demo version will be functional with MijoShop integrated (for demonstration purposes) – the actual template download itself will not include the MijoShop component. Rather, one will need to purchase one’s own MijoShop license to use with the template – just as one must purchase one’s own JomSocial license to use the JomSocial component with the JA Social template.

Make sense?

lmiksch Friend

So with all that is being said – is there a JA or JM theme that will allow Mijoshop (Opencart) to be installed and operate as the shopping cart if one is already licensed to use MiJoshop?

TomC Moderator

<em>@lmiksch 397235 wrote:</em><blockquote>So with all that is being said – is there a JA or JM theme that will allow Mijoshop (Opencart) to be installed and operate as the shopping cart if one is already licensed to use MiJoshop?</blockquote>

You mean currently?

lmiksch Friend

Yes, I am way overdue to switch my website up and am changing from Virtumart 1.5 to MiJoshop. So my question really is – are there any templates (either JA or JM) that will work with MiJoshop. My first choice right now is the new JM Bookshop.

TomC Moderator

<em>@lmiksch 397238 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yes, I am way overdue to switch my website up and am changing from Virtumart 1.5 to MiJoshop. So my question really is – are there any templates (either JA or JM) that will work with MiJoshop. My first choice right now is the new JM Bookshop.</blockquote>

Not anything designed/offered as of yet …. but I do believe it’s on the project list for the JA Developers to consider.

tom_laan84 Friend

Any news on this? I’ve built a couple websites with joomshopping / virtuemart and they SUCK!!

I don’t know how to say otherwise!!

Development of VM is horrible. No J3 and updating is a pain. Why is updating a pain? Because in order to have the VM shop working like it should’ve from the start. I had to do ton’s of modifications i found in the support forum in order to have it work like it should!!

VM is so buggy it’s not even funny anymore. And uhm one guy working on the development? Yeah sure.

Joomshopping is lacking the support (even if you talk german to them) and besides that it’s not all that for free with the branding and all the normal functionality plugins you have to pay for.

When you set up an e-commerce website with the intent to make money, it really doesn’t matter if you have to pay for extension like mijoshop. I’ve been looking and searching for days now to find an answer as to what to build my next webshop on. I’ve got my client lined up already.

For people not wanting to pay for it. Use Joomshopping and be aware of the limited support and functionality.

But for the love of god. Do NOT release another VM template. it’s a waste of time!!!!

I would like to see some action taken from Joomlart to ask the users what extension they would like in their next e-commerce template. Maybe a poll like you did earlier?

Any news on the possibility of Mijoshop in Joomlart templates? I need one now! haha.

Question: how long would it take to implement a mijoshop with the design and functionality from JA Fixel or JA Hawkstore? I would gladly pay like 250 – 300 euro’s to have that done. But i don’t know how realistic that is.

I hope we can get a ball rolling here and make some changes. They are needed big time!

Regards

Tom van der Laan
    TLWebdesign.nl

TomC Moderator

If there is a rush, you CAN purchase your MijoShop license now if you want – and then style the OpenCart elements around your theme. Sure it may take a little extra effort and trial-and-error, but you can do it now with virtually any JA template.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Tom,

We will integrate Mijoshop ecommerce extension in the next monthly template

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)

This topic contains 38 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 9 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum