Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author

Hello everyone,

UPDATE : Please scroll down the post to see our new updates, including:

• Uber demo preview has the 3rd new build
    • Preview of our latest extension Advanced Custom Module (ACM).
    • Video on how we use ACM to create Uber template.

After putting quite a lot of thoughts and works, our team decides to select a brand-new approach Uber – a template designed for “multisites” to take the place of tentative travel template this month (The travel concept remains in our upcoming queue though).

Why Uber? What happened to Travel template ?

Our travel concept was in the same development stage with Uber, however there are unexpected difficulties in adapting Material Design that we targeted for travel template. So we could not get it ready for delivery this month, be assured it is being worked upon too and would be coming up next month.

The idea behind Uber

Have you ever try looking for an option that allows to sync all of your Joomla sites across the board for easier management and changing of content?

In a simple case, it might be a punch of product branches nested in a single Joomla installation or in a bigger picture – an ecosystem for a business… you name it.

So, the story is not just about the multiple sub-pages or layouts, it needs a different approach. Do you think it’s worth exploring a design solution for this interesting obstacle?

What to expect from Uber?

Uber is a powerful template which will help you create ‘multisites’ in an easy and intuitive way.

You will find in Uber a new tool (our internal code name – Advanced custom module) to handle the layouts for multiple sites, instead of our familiar template approach. This tweak gives Uber endless customization possibilities.

Separated styles in hand for each site are ready in a single Joomla installation, along with our typical feature sets:

• Built on T3 Framework
    • Integrated Bootstrap 3
    • Fully responsive
    • Multiple layouts
    • Support Megamenu
    • Off-Canvas navigation for desktop and mobile

UPDATE:

A quick snapshot on our new Advance Custom Module (ACM) and additional Uber sub sites’ demo preview.

View the higher resolution Here

View this video for first glance at how ACM works.

<iframe width=”640″ height=”360″ src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/M7xvuZCF1-g” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>

(As being recorded during our development phase, this is not a perfect shot yet)

How ACM helps us fit things together:

JA ACM’s highlights:

1. 12+ block types: At this phase, we round up typical blocks that Uber has to offer. Each block type comes with multiple styles.
    2. Easy editing & defining your page-specific field sets within each block. In addition, each block has its own Less file, so you have full control to define your own class and style.
    3. Content-creator-friendly: completely separate content & design. No longer mixing HTML syntax embedded inside article.
    4. Allow us to dig deeper into the modular block approach which eases our page management effort.
    5. We are still working upon ….

IMPORTANT: This demo preview will be an in-progress process, more items and changes will be added throughout our development phase.

Love to know your thoughts and suggestion you might have.

1. block_small
    swissa Friend

Sorry Hung to be the first to respond yet again.

Tentative travel template?

<blockquote>In October, we will be releasing a responsive Joomla Travel template.</blockquote>

Sounded like that was fixed. No apology. I think you’re going to have some disappointed people.

Uber (or Über?)

The idea behind needs further explanation please. Is this a sql tool to update a range of sites? Is this Zoo done well? Some updated Theme Magic?

Uber the template.

An update of Purity III?

Can you be clearer in what you are trying to achieve because at the moment we all wait to see template each month and then decide if we can use it. This isn’t Apple here where the hype alone is enough to keep people on the edge of their seats.

I’d love to see a proper plan of exactly what we can expect to see not 12 months but at least 6 months forward vision of what is coming. Set in stone on use, not layout etc. Nov – Travel, Dec – Corporate, Jan – Teline V etc etc. Would help me decide whether to renew membership or not because I haven’t used a paid 2014 template so far.

Hung Dinh Friend

Thanks for your input.

For travel concept, we had the half work done before deciding to pause the development. Material design is a cool new thing we try to explore, but there’s also the downside in this approach and our team continue finding way to fix the uncompleted parts. That’s why we have Uber in place this month.

Setting up multisite varies based on specific case, as pointed out in this article from Multi-site Working Group. From the template layer perspective, Uber strives to come up with an added flexible design for multi sites.

The new tool is a module that allows to create and edit custom modules in an easier manner.
    I will update in more details once we make more progress in development.

For your other questions, we are in a difficult position to confirm on a detailed plan. It does not mean we work without plan, but too many factors coined that affect this plan implementation.

splico123 Friend

Think i will skip this one, it is well, cant put my words to it, seems like its there but it isnt, like a failed attempt on something that you guys tried but then half the way through you just stopped developing.

I think whoever is making decisions there should really be fired, since instead of spending resources and time on template like this should have delivered on promise you guys made in your blog/previous posts. Travel template, with a twist of the extensions voted by users. And the excuse Hung jsut gave above, is just an attempt on excuse, because it doesnt not hold water in any case you put it.

Please be more considerate or do not announce anything in future that you will not deliver on. I think most of us loyal JA users would rather wait and skip a month of template release for the end result of getting the UBER template that really is uber, and not a mocking half-done-template-job like this. Instead of focusing and fast releasing something just so you release you should really put in time and effort (even if it takes 2 months) and release an awesome template with tons of features, overwrites etc like you used to in the beginning.

That is my two cents, sorry for negative review but it is the truth. which sometimes hurts, but none the less it is what people need to know/hear, truth.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Well
    i am not much happy with last template design but Uber look like a killer for its design . I love it ..
    specially corporate and about us and career page . 😛 waiting for other layout 😉
    Please add career and about us page again , those are removed from demo .
    All The Best

kjlarski JATC

I can understand how some people could be disappointed. However, this design looks extremely promising, so think we should all focus more on the positive. Sounds like JA encountered some unexpected issues with Material Design. I would rather a development group be ambitious in their development efforts and incorporate design aspects like Material versus always playing it safe. And if a small delay comes along with this ambition, then I don’t think we should be overly negative.

Anyways, I love the upcoming template, Uber. Is there a date that you’re targeting to make this available for download?

Cheers,
    Kevin

Hung Dinh Friend

Glad to have your up vote :). Our team is working hard to have the download available next week.

jpvdschaaf Friend

The theme definitely looks nice! Will it have K2 support?

wangyu Friend

could you please let me know which Joomla Extension will be used for Travel Booking ( Uber )?
    JomRes or JomHoliday or SolidRes, thank you.

Hung Dinh Friend

Due to our long to-do list in the current Uber pages, I am afraid we could not come to a decision about extra tasks, including K2 support at the moment.

<blockquote>which Joomla Extension will be used for Travel Booking ( Uber )? </blockquote>
    The Travel is a separated template, not included in Uber.
    It would be best to go in more details in a dedicated post for Travel concept next month.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi friends,

We have updated the preview thread of Uber with:
    – Details on our latest extension Advanced Custom Module (ACM)
    – How we build Uber template with ACM
    – [Latest Demo] http://uber.demo.joomlart.com/
    Have a look back and leave your comments! Love to hear your feedback!

Arvind.

P/S: I have attached the video here, just in case. 😀

nsprime Friend

Beautiful Template.

pferrol Friend

I’ve been watching the demos and I think a fantastic job, congratulations.:):):)

ꦯꦸꦕꦶ ꦏꦸꦂꦤꦶꦲꦮꦤ꧀ Friend

I’ve nothing to say but great..

a module for serving many purpose, that’s just brilliant..

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Also, don’t forget to check out the demo of Uber template at: http://uber.demo.joomlart.com/

We keep updating it with latest builds. So stay tuned, and enjoy!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)

This topic contains 42 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  splico123 8 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum