Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 120 total)
  • Author

Yep, it is usually the way the server is setup. If you have the facility then extract the files on the server (IE, upload the zip and extract from the server end). I can do that but I have to conver the zip to a tar.gz file first. Saves a lot of time uploading.

What happens is when you ftp the files they are members of a different group than files created directly on the server. Sometimes these end up with different permissions. If you have root access then you might be able to leave the premissions as is and use the chown (google it) command.

I don’t really explain it too well but do a search on google regarding linux file permissions and ownership and you will soon get your head around it to a basic level. It does become harder in thyat you can assign special groups in apache with their own permission sets confusing things further.

antoniu1 Friend

Thanks Phill, will look into that. Unfortunately server side unzipping is off. They don’t want to change that, I asked many times 😉

And another bug: At least in Safari all the tabbed info on the Typology page is cut off on the right.

Tom

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Good news guys.

stable version released. Colors included.

Check demo >> http://templates.joomlart.com/ja_community_plus/

Announcement coming up soon.

Downloads updated with stable version.

Changelog is here >> http://pm.joomlart.com/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10687&version=11048

Arvind

antoniu1 Friend

Hi Arvind,

Thanks for the color versions. I am missing the blue/light blue version, as in the preview. Is it still going to come?

Also, hate to say it, but all the problems in Safari are still present.

Tom

nsprime Friend

Hello,

Congrats on this release.

BTW, When you click the link “blogs” on the main menu, the image is overlapping the module on the right.

Will there be light-blue version?

Regards.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi Guys,

Its weekend and JA Office closed now. Offical word on the light blue color on monday. Any bugs reported would be fixed too.

@tom, as per the changelog bugs related to mac and safari has been attended

http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JATCPLUS-66
    http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JATCPLUS-67

It would be great if you can check again (clean cache and stuff), if there are problems, you can make a thread with screenshots pointing to the errors, it will be easier for developers to fix any remaining issue.

BTW, JA T3 plugin 1.1.9 has also been released for 8 templates including community plus. Anyone on older plugin, upgrade please. Announcement to follow soon.

Arvind

antoniu1 Friend

Hi Arvind,

Great the blue version will be out 🙂

I will post the problems I encounter in a separate thread this weekend.

Thanks and have a great weekend!
    Tom

nsprime Friend

Hello,

Great. The light-blue version will be out according to Hung.

Hope to see rounded corners working on IE8 for the next version.

1. rounded
    antoniu1 Friend

About the rounded corners, that’s weird, because for JA Social they had found a solution for this. That should be applied here as well, I would say. Didn’t test it yet in IE but I really expect corners to be round as they should in IE!

Thanks,
    Tom

Phill Moderator

Why should they be round in IE8? For some reason M$ chose not to bother keeping up with the rest of the world and didn’t support rounded corners out of the box. As such web designers have had to resort to all sorts of tricks to create rounded corners all of which bloat the code. IMO I would much rather have a lighter site code wise than a minor asthetic such as rounded corners. In JA_Social the method used was a javascript tool that rounded the corners after page generation. In a slow internet connection you can watch them being drawn. Not sure why that has not been included in this template but I prefer not to have it. The other method often seen is to have lots of extra div’s and images loaded for each corner. This again means lots of extra has to be loaded each page and it also makes customisation harder. Let’s hope M$ begin to take the time to support the web standards correctly with IE9.

antoniu1 Friend

Hi Phill,

Yes, I know, I am one of those designers having to cope with the MS arrogance 🙂

But in my opinion that’s not a reason to leave it at that. Most of the world is using IE, period. If you create a design, then either never use rounded corners, or make sure they appear in IE. It’s sticking your head in the sand to ignore the largest group of visitors just because you feel MS doesn’t play along.

If I create a design, I want it to appear as it has been designed, don’t you?

Just my opinion on it 😉

Tom

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@antoniu1 199905 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Arvind,

Great the blue version will be out 🙂

I will post the problems I encounter in a separate thread this weekend.

Thanks and have a great weekend!
    Tom</blockquote>

2 more colors released today. Version 1.1.1 is out. >> http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-community-plus-template-v-1-1-1-released-2-more-colors/

Some mac issue fixes too >>

Arvind

antoniu1 Friend

Hi Arvind,

Sorry to not have posted the errors yet. I have been too busy unfortunately. Will try to do it tomorrow.

Great two more colors are out! They are not in the demo, correct?

Thanks,
    Tom

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

They are in the demo now >> Blue-light and brown-green

Arvind

antoniu1 Friend

Hi Arvind,

I am going to try to upload two images now with what’s left that isn’t right on a Mac. Most of it is solved. I installed the latest quickpack just now to check.

Cheers,
    Tom

1. TYPO-PAGE-ABOUT
    2. PORTAL-PAGE
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 120 total)

This topic contains 120 replies, has 39 voices, and was last updated by  antoniu1 13 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum