Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 135 total)
  • Author

News template but with some new features… 🙂

seky Friend

business templates

qbali JATC

Hi guys,

i think many people out there need Property and travel template………joomlart never create one for property listing template and just create one for travel and it is not enough for any choice…
    thanks

roccovitale Friend

…wall for ever!

tfosnom Friend

<em>@TomC 373734 wrote:</em><blockquote>I don’t entirely disagree with your comments/sentiment … nor do I completely agree with such

As always, preferences are subjective … what is “boring” to one may not be “boring” to another … or others.

Moreover, many – if not most – templates can be customized to fit just about any theme one wishes
    (with a little time, planning and effort).

😎

I’m sorry, but this statement is totally out of line, disrespectful and inconsiderate of the planning, time and effort it takes to develop new and interesting templates/themes – as well as support/maintain JoomlArt’s existing products and infrastructure.

A, likewise, relatively inaccurate perception.
    </blockquote>

Hello Tom
    My statement “Boring”, was more to do with the sameness a corporate template (being most sort after) can be. Not anything to do with personal taste or preferences. Let’s compare a template to a wheel, any wheel, it’s round rolls freely and has a mathematical formula that defines its, correct?

Now JA makes wheels, some are chrome, some are mags, some are wider, some are higher. But at the end of the day they all are wheels, mate, same shape, structure and formula. Only differences are very minor, purely by the nature of the web and design for a particular category and within boundaries. That’s what I meant by boring.

My statement that JA makes excuses stands true, without being insulting, disrespectful at all, if you choose to berate me on behalf of JA based on your own perceptions, then you do not prescribe to freedom of speech or ( the Illusion of such :).

I never said JA doesn’t have a support team did I? I never said they Don’t get around to answering MY questions did I?
    No, I pointed out that JA still relies on the community for it’s support base at a percentage I thought of around 80%.

When I say support, I don’t count the development, testing of templates at all. That’s what JA is paid for as a service provider.I meant forum based support.

I hear you constantly remind all and sundry that a template is a starting point, lets see your efforts at the total revamp, recreation of these (JA) starting points please. So far I hear you talk it up, but see no results, please allow us to see your portfolio, Tom.

Also I’m curious are you a developer or just a web designer. My def being a developer wouldn’t touch a template provider, they are skilled enough to create their own frameworks from scratch and make their own templates upon that framework.
    Web designers use templates to save time, cost and have a pre design to suit a particular category theme.

Please remember I speaking only for myself use JA, Shape 5, Virtueplanet etc, because I cannot develop my own framework/template and don’t need to customise the shit outta any theme/template etc. to prove I’m different to the next guy that uses it. I basically fill in the blanks as anyone here does. A template ( boilerplate) has that purpose.

Blessings Major Tom
    Have a great day 🙂
    Shannon

huyentam10 Friend

Corporate / Business template

minimizan Friend

Mobil templates

brawles Friend

portfolios would be good

TomC Moderator

<em>@brawles 374034 wrote:</em><blockquote>portfolios would be good</blockquote>
    “portfolios” as in ??

geoffh Friend

New templates aside, I’d like to see more existing templates updated for J! 3.x compatibility… a little housekeeping before you plan the next party.

theochambers Friend

I would love to see a professional Barter Club Template and a MLM (Network Marketing) Template

tfosnom Friend

<em>@theochambers 374104 wrote:</em><blockquote>I would love to see a professional Barter Club Template and a MLM (Network Marketing) Template</blockquote>

Hi Theo
    That’s an interesting request, seeing that most MLM companies such as; Mannatech, Amway et al generally provide the membership with their own standardised (everyone gets the same) web presence, are barter clubs still around? last one I heard of everyone just about went broke cause they brought stock with real money but sold too much on barter dollars for very liittle return then had no cash to pay creditors/suppliers :laugh:

Have a great day
    Shannon

theochambers Friend

Barter is a billion dollar business. Thousands of hoteliers, travel agents, restaurants and business around the world trade via complimentary rooms, comp passes to tours, etc, but have absolutely know way how to keep that info on the books as real credit that can be used. If you type Barter clubs in Google, you will be shocked. Affiliate is exactly a mini version of MLM. people get pay for recommending others.

You guys will hit it big time with a well structured MLM and a Barter Temple. I will love to work closely with you to design what is needed.

The MLM (sophisticated Affiliate) could only be 3 to 5 level deep. no complication. no legs to follow. Each one gets an ID number and based on that ID number that is placed during registration, will determine who gets the commission and which level the gets it.

Travel Agents, Tour Operators and thousand of other businesses will love this one.

P/S: Joomla really needs a beautiful and sophisticated Hotel Template. One that has a basic booking engine but can compete with all of WordPress Travel template.

The template should incorporate not Air Travel, but Hotel Reservation, Tour Booking and Transportation. Any small or large property, including B&B needs something like this.

Theo

abry Friend

business template

rjewell2200 Friend

My organization is interested in running a stronger community platform. We use Joomla and would like to explore community products that allow us to engage with our large membership and track our users/members.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 135 total)

This topic contains 135 replies, has 76 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 10 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum