Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 135 total)
  • Author

Thanks for asking – I don’t think you’ve done any restaurant templates – that would be useful. Thanks!

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@slightlymad 374242 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks for asking – I don’t think you’ve done any restaurant templates – that would be useful. Thanks!</blockquote>

We did have JA Bistro >> http://www.joomlart.com/joomla/templates/ja-bistro last year. Check it out.

Regards

Arvind

James Weston Friend

I think that looking at your figures the most respondents wanted a business/corporate template. Not sure what the really is as it could mean different things to different people. The 2nd place on your list went to News template (teline V). I would very much like to see a nice new news template.

pedrox Friend

Please, take a break in the “Corporate / Business templates” and related.

Nothing more appropriate at this time that a template for JomSocial 3.0 :laugh::)

tfosnom Friend

but Pedrox, that’s only because YOU want/need a Jomsocial 3 template, not everybody uses jomSocial so it has a limited market and frankly I believe Jomsocial should supply jomSocial templates to suit the top 4 major joomla template suppliers not the suppliers develop JS templates to suit thier Joomla templates, if that makes sense?
    Shannon

pedrox Friend

Hey, :laugh: Ja Fixel seems interesting and different … 😎 But I think some things could improve. The first block (“Hi”) should be a slideshow, or something… (Or will this block is not fixed?). And the news with slideshow should show thumbnail images (outside). And should include more interactivity (likes, etc.). It would be very suitable comprise an “ADD” (Add Article) simplified and more practical. Hopefully Ja Fixel is just the beginning of a new way of publishing articles in Joomla (with multiple pictures in gallery format?). And also I do not like that Ja Fixel appears to have been redone starting at Ja_Mero 🙂

Phill Moderator

Well, you cannot keep everyone happy.

pedrox Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 384372 wrote:</em><blockquote>Well, you cannot keep everyone happy.</blockquote>

É claro que tudo não passa de uma grande coincidência, lol. só é pena que fique muito aquém do original

1. zen
    pedrox Friend

EDITADO, sorry

pedrox Friend

<em>@tfosnom 384150 wrote:</em><blockquote>but Pedrox, that’s only because YOU want/need a Jomsocial 3 template, not everybody uses jomSocial so it has a limited market and frankly I believe Jomsocial should supply jomSocial templates to suit the top 4 major joomla template suppliers not the suppliers develop JS templates to suit thier Joomla templates, if that makes sense?
    Shannon</blockquote>

Are you saying that 18% is not anything to JoomlArt?? JoomlArt only makes templates for the majority?? (A majority, selfish and obsessed with templates to “Corporate / Business template”) That was the justification WORST I have ever seen. But unfortunately it’s the truth

freissmann Developer

@pedrox,

I can understand actual polls result. As a fact most of our clients are smb’s (small and mid-size) buisnesses and as a matter of fact they demand corporate / business templates. Of course, sure – in between sometimes there is a request demanding a JomSocial project. But for that there are some pretty good third-party templates already available (including JA Social).

However, I would agree that JomSocial themself should be best able to provide great templates. Look, in the past we did not integrate JomSocial to an existing site but due to complexity of project we created a “stand alone” JomSocial site. From my point its not anymore a component used as an add-on but more a complex community plattform.

Template clubs are creating templates for Joomla – not for a specific ( comprehensive ) Joomla extension like JomSocial.

Phill Moderator

@pedrox ,

JA Social was a very nice template at the time and a very popular one. So much so that IMO it put a lot of strain on the development team keeping it up to date every time JomSocial made changes to their template engine. JA took a lot of flack at the time for not always being fully up to date but the changes were coming thick and fast as JomSocial developed. This was made doubly hard at the time with the release of Joomla 1.6/7 etc. If I was in charge of JA I would have to think very hard about every extension JA supported especially one where the development team (JomSocial) are so active making so many great improvements on an almost weekly basis. JomSocial is a superb extension with a great team behind it but because of that many template clubs have faced a similar struggle. Hopefully that has changed and once again JA can work their magic with the very popular JomSocial.

pedrox Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 384880 wrote:</em><blockquote>@pedrox ,

JA Social was a very nice template at the time and a very popular one. So much so that IMO it put a lot of strain on the development team keeping it up to date every time JomSocial made changes to their template engine. JA took a lot of flack at the time for not always being fully up to date but the changes were coming thick and fast as JomSocial developed. This was made doubly hard at the time with the release of Joomla 1.6/7 etc. If I was in charge of JA I would have to think very hard about every extension JA supported especially one where the development team (JomSocial) are so active making so many great improvements on an almost weekly basis. JomSocial is a superb extension with a great team behind it but because of that many template clubs have faced a similar struggle. Hopefully that has changed and once again JA can work their magic with the very popular JomSocial.</blockquote>

I do not like Ja Social because it wastes too much space at the top, and pushes Jomsocial, down. And I do not like having to go down the page to see the updates. And also do not like the designe, and even colors …

Why not create a new theme for Ja Social? With a menu (and top, minimalist) similar to that of JA Argo or Ja Fixel and with the same type of colors…

Have you noticed that Facebook does not waste space or push anything down ?

Thanks

See. Jomsocial works best with tema Hathor – Default

1. xx33
    Phill Moderator

I must agree with you there. For me personally JA Social dated very quickly, but it was launched at a time when everyone wanted that kind of look. It was and still appears to be a very popular template. But the web changes very quickly and like you I prefer a cleaner style with a better use of available space.

TomC Moderator

I suppose it’s a matter of personal opinion . . . .

For myself – albeit requiring a bit of personalization/customization – I still like JA Social as the basis for a community/blog type site. … with the option to add the JomSocial component if one so chooses.

I do agree that JA Social could use a 2013 update (not unlike the Teline series), but I do still like the overall concept and feel.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 135 total)

This topic contains 135 replies, has 76 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 10 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum