Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author

Hi MiCCAS,
    Well, if it is sliced or has guides added, it can be exported as seperate images. I don’t know why that would worry you though, as the graphics developers have to slice it up anyway in order to make the distrubition package. It would take about 1 second to save the psd with slices already in place. If the psd didn’t have slices or at least guides, (I’m not talking about user guides) thats when you would be over run with newbie questions. If you were willing to include the full psd’s in the distrubition package, I would be willing to make a tutorial or three on how to edit slices and export as seperate images.

Also,
    a full psd offers many more options for customization.

But I digress. The real issue is the one I posted in the other thread. psd files would be super, but I could live without them if the other issues were fixed. 😉

mwbarker Friend

Source PSD/PNG (I prefer PNG) files are great for further customizing the template to make sites more unique. I’ve ordered quite a few Joomlashack templates the come with sliced PNG files that make this customization very easy to accomplish. Just being able to change module backgrounds is way too restrictive.

slogen123 Friend

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GIVE US THE PSDs. If we cannot fully customize the templates, then they really have no commercial value at all, as every site using the same template would be 99% the same from a design standpoint. I cannot tell a client “well, we can put in your custom logo and choose between 4 different color options, none of which really work with your current color scheme.” It took over 2 hours to customize quillaja, and even then it still has not reached its full potential due to lack of a psd/png. PLEASE Joomlart give us the psds!

MuffinDCC Friend

I much prefer the PNG myself. A source is definantly a good idea, allows for so much more control. Well, it is something to consider 🙂

slyreptile Friend

I’m completely on the side of getting the fully sliced source myself. I want a unique template. Not a cookie cutter one. Thanks for bringing this up youyou. It’s a wonder I renewed for 5 more years when I haven’t used a single JA template due to not having the source available.

BigSky Friend

Amen. I honestly can’t see myself renewing if I can’t get sliced files to work with. Customzing these templates is a nightmare.

To be honest, I prefer the templates here to almost anything else…but I end up going back to other templates because I can’t customize these without enormous errors. A fully sliced source would make that possible.

bigrk Friend

<em>@slyreptile 24521 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’m completely on the side of getting the fully sliced source myself. I want a unique template. Not a cookie cutter one. Thanks for bringing this up youyou. It’s a wonder I renewed for 5 more years when I haven’t used a single JA template due to not having the source available.</blockquote>

I have never seen the option to renew at a length of 5 years. Just curious as to why you would want to do this? Seems kind of silly to me when this site hasn’t been around that long.

Hung Dinh Friend

I am wonder why you guys keep asking for PSD which has all included in the download area :confused:

TomC Moderator

<em>@Hung Dinh 25064 wrote:</em><blockquote>I am wonder why you guys keep asking for PSD which has all included in the download area :confused:</blockquote>

I’m seeing a lot of requests for “fully sliced” and the like.

C’mon people . . . do you need your hand held through everything?

MuffinDCC Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 25068 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’m seeing a lot of requests for “fully sliced” and the like.

C’mon people . . . do you need your hand held through everything?</blockquote>

Not a just comment in my opinion. A full template source is far better than little pieces of graphics. It makes it far easier when customising and/or creating new variants and any obvious style errors can be easily noted.

The PNG source is a great idea as Fireworks is far better for overall template building than Photoshop, even commented on by Adobe.

So, what do people of this thread want?

1. Complete template sources with slices in PSD.
    2. Possibility of above in PNG format for Fireworks.

It should not be unjust request 🙂

Michael Casha Friend

<em>@MuffinDCC 25137 wrote:</em><blockquote>Not a just comment in my opinion. A full template source is far better than little pieces of graphics. It makes it far easier when customising and/or creating new variants and any obvious style errors can be easily noted.

The PNG source is a great idea as Fireworks is far better for overall template building than Photoshop, even commented on by Adobe.

So, what do people of this thread want?

1. Complete template sources with slices in PSD.
    2. Possibility of above in PNG format for Fireworks.

It should not be unjust request :)</blockquote>
    We don’t have non-sliced PSD files, because we make each separately.

As for PNG format’s, I will see what I can organise – it may well be possible.

qwan Friend

It has been 1 year now since the last post.
    I was just wondering Does JA now release FULL PSD that have been sliced.

stix Friend

i doubts so…..

guess we have to leave with this rulers rulling…

Anonymous Moderator

<em>@qwan 142181 wrote:</em><blockquote>It has been 1 year now since the last post.
    I was just wondering Does JA now release FULL PSD that have been sliced.</blockquote>

Apologize qwan. Full sliced PSD files are not included in the download package!

stix Friend

<em>@JA Developer 325067 wrote:</em><blockquote>Apologize qwan. Full sliced PSD files are not included in the download package!</blockquote>

hello mr. JA Developer.

Any reason why you all took such action?
    JA Edenite i remember come with a full sliced PSD.

why stop this practice??

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)

This topic contains 46 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Anonymous 11 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum