Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author

Hi
    First congratulations you guys.
    Design and code quality are really impressionnant.
    The only point which is missing is the ability to customise the templates.
    So please considers for the future templates to let us download the PNG/PSD/… sources.
    I know that logo … can be download but I talk about the total Source, the only mean to customise well a template.
    Cheers

PS: It is very important for many of us I think, so please try to make a reality my request

ShannonN Friend

youyou;19236Hi
    First congratulations you guys.
    Design and code quality are really impressionnant.
    The only point which is missing is the ability to customise the templates.
    So please considers for the future templates to let us download the PNG/PSD/… sources.
    I know that logo … can be download but I talk about the total Source, the only mean to customise well a template.
    Cheers

PS: It is very important for many of us I think, so please try to make a reality my request

Then we will have members without skills trying to customise things that really don’t need to be touched and more requests for support?

I take it you mean you want a totally sliced png or psd of whole front page etc ?

Nah been there done that and it’s not always that good an idea I ask leave that alone but do supply all major graphics as psd/png

youyou Friend

No Shanon, I need the total PSD/PNG source of the whole home page.
    I don’t want to have all major pictures in PNG. I need the whole source in vector format sliced and layered.
    To my mind it is really a very very very important point missing.
    This is why I haven’t touch any of these JA beautiful template. In fact, why having a template you can just edit the logo and nothing else.
    So, please JA Team, make an effort on this point, many of us want the same things.

ShannonN Friend

youyou;19244No Shanon, I need the total PSD/PNG source of the whole home page.
    I don’t want to have all major pictures in PNG. I need the whole source in vector format sliced and layered.
    To my mind it is really a very very very important point missing.
    This is why I haven’t touch any of these JA beautiful template. In fact, why having a template you can just edit the logo and nothing else.
    So, please JA Team, make an effort on this point, many of us want the same things.

Well you have your opinion I have mine
    no one really needs a whole layered psd of the web site its handy for those only who know how to use it others will scream for help and the support volunteers will have no time for other things

Please Ja team do NOT go this way its unnecessary and too complex for all but the professional artist

youyou Friend

Please Shannon don’t come in my post if it is for saying that and so directly (quote: NOT).
    There are always compromise. They can for example give all the major pictures but also the whole PNG/PSD Source. After people make their choice to what files use.
    If they give PNG/PSD sources you will not have much matter. The people which don’t know how to use them will not use them and the people who know will be finally satisfied.
    Also many problem here comes that people are unable to change colors, there is so many post regarding this.
    Please JA Team leave us have access to these source. It is really important.

PS: Please Shanon leave the people who have not the same opinion as you to be able to point some problems and to have possibility to be heard by JA

noblecode Friend

I agree with YouYou! Getting the full source of the template would be very helpful. It makes the overall adjustments MUCH easier.

Another thing…I am not sure if others here are members of other Joomla Template Clubs — The clubs that offer full source to the members have a ton of Member – helping members on the forums and also alot of member submissions (complete template color changes, menu additions, etc)

YouYou has provided many many cool features to many templates at another major Joomla Template Club…. I am not writing this because I expect the same thing here…but I think if the full source was offered you might be surprised at what the members give back and how they help each other here on the forums.

ShannonN Friend

youyou;19250Please Shannon don’t come in my post if it is for saying that and so directly (quote: NOT).
    There are always compromise. They can for example give all the major pictures but also the whole PNG/PSD Source. After people make their choice to what files use.
    If they give PNG/PSD sources you will not have much matter. The people which don’t know how to use them will not use them and the people who know will be finally satisfied.
    Also many problem here comes that people are unable to change colors, there is so many post regarding this.
    Please JA Team leave us have access to these source. It is really important.

PS: Please Shanon leave the people who have not the same opinion as you to be able to point some problems and to have possibility to be heard by JA

Please do NOT tell me what I can comment on and play censor on an open forum
    I am one of the ppl that volunteer a tremendous amt of time to support the ppl here that don’t know too much or are way to busy ( being diplomatic here:)) to take or make time to learn the basics they should know before they attempt anything with templates or graphics,

I understand what you are saying, however from experience the more you give them the more they will want to use it, try it fail and add to our workload unnecessarily,

if you want it, YOU spend 4 hrs per day here answering and SOLVING everyones questions, requests etc regarding “how to use a full page layered mock up”

I doubt whether you are willing or prepared to do that so I stick with my right to say no on this one, please do not play moderator and tell me I cannot post in this thread or forum until JA makes you a moderator

bigrk Friend

ShannonN, You do not know anything about YouYou so take it easy on him. Your negativity is overshadowing your kind and good hearted side. I am currently a member at RocketTheme and YouYou has 600 posts there all directly helping the community. He has contributed many new versions of current templates to the community that have had overwelming success and widely used. He assisted me when I was first getting started with Joomla and has done so with many a new noob. He is a great addition to the JA community and will help in the area to support what you may not want to. The JA community really does want Total PSD/PNG Sources and it includes me and many posts that refer to this subject. I give a good amount of time to JA in the support area but only because I want to. I don’t remember seeing anywhere that a 4 hour a day dedication was required in order to help out in this forum. On this topic I’m with YouYou.

ShannonN Friend

bigrk;19387ShannonN, You do not know anything about YouYou so take it easy on him. Your negativity is overshadowing your kind and good hearted side. I am currently a member at RocketTheme and YouYou has 600 posts there all directly helping the community. He has contributed many new versions of current templates to the community that have had overwelming success and widely used. He assisted me when I was first getting started with Joomla and has done so with many a new noob. He is a great addition to the JA community and will help in the area to support what you may not want to. The JA community really does want Total PSD/PNG Sources and it includes me and many posts that refer to this subject. I give a good amount of time to JA in the support area but only because I want to. I don’t remember seeing anywhere that a 4 hour a day dedication was required in order to help out in this forum. On this topic I’m with YouYou.

Dont be too swayed by a few customised templates offered at another forum.

I really don’t have a problem with the full layered psd etc as I know how to use them, if you read the pos the big concern was that I KNOW all the ppl will want to play web designer and want to know how to use this wow new thing, also I don’t like ordinary ppl here saying DO NOT post kinda gets my back up know what I mean?

anyway I’m done with it

noblecode Friend

<em>@ShannonN 19389 wrote:</em><blockquote>Dont be too swayed by a few customised templates offered at another forum.

I really don’t have a problem with the full layered psd etc as I know how to use them, if you read the pos the big concern was that I KNOW all the ppl will want to play web designer and want to know how to use this wow new thing, also I don’t like ordinary ppl here saying DO NOT post kinda gets my back up know what I mean?

anyway I’m done with it</blockquote>

That is what the community needs. A few customized templates (YouYou’s contributions are beyond color changes)….You make that sound like a very basic contribution. I know i dont help out 4 hours a day so you will probably try to squash my post by pointing that out. But I can tell you this… The forum at Rocket Theme to me is as good or better then the help you get at joomla.org forum. Many Many people offer customizations back to the other members, assist with adding new module positions, etc.

You make it sound like the 4 hours you put in here are the worst 4 of your day. Dont get me wrong, I have sought help in forums and appreciate the help I have received. No one makes you help, plus I bet there was a time when you “wanted to play web designer?”

Hands on experience is the best…Tearing apart the templates source and see how and why things work would probably help more then it would hurt. Again, just my opinion.

ShannonN Friend

noblecode;19400That is what the community needs. A few customized templates (YouYou’s contributions are beyond color changes)….You make that sound like a very basic contribution. I know i dont help out 4 hours a day so you will probably try to squash my post by pointing that out. But I can tell you this… The forum at Rocket Theme to me is as good or better then the help you get at joomla.org forum. Many Many people offer customizations back to the other members, assist with adding new module positions, etc.

You make it sound like the 4 hours you put in here are the worst 4 of your day. Dont get me wrong, I have sought help in forums and appreciate the help I have received. No one makes you help, plus I bet there was a time when you “wanted to play web designer?”

Hands on experience is the best…Tearing apart the templates source and see how and why things work would probably help more then it would hurt. Again, just my opinion.

anytime i wanted to”play web designer” I brought books spent hours reading practicing designing debugging and disassembling code to learn, I didn’t grab publisher, frontpage fill in a few blanks and call myself webmaster like a lot did,

I didn’t scream help for anything until I’d read all I could spent 20 or so hrs on it before I felt I was beat ppl here bleat as soon as their coffee goes cold.

That’s the difference between web design and bullshit the time you are prepared to spend learning that new hobby, as some use as an excuse to get others to do it all for em. I agree the best way is to disassemble em and I really think anyone who buys an advanced template like these should have to pass a test on what is css, pass a how to make a gradient in PS etc before they are allowed to buy, saves on support that way , then as a computer system builder I think anyone should pass a intelligence test before they can buy a computer 😉

anyway I hope JA gives you full psd and I look fwd to referring every how to use these full psds to you three, making you the official experts on layered psd’s etc

noblecode Friend

ShannonN

Great Response…Not sure when I ever said I was an expert, and sorry everyone did not or does not learn the same way as you.

Obviously you feel you can sort of push some weight around because you do post alot. Well I am a paying customer just like everyone else and this post did originate in the Request and Wishlist thread

I am not present in the forums — I choose to spend my time building websites for NONPROFIT agencies (which I volunteer for, I do not have a web business so I am not doing that to promote myself….I do that for the same reason you help here, because you choose to— So though I am not helping in the forum – I spend countless hours building and maintaing websites for orgainzations that assist kids in africa and troops in Iraq,

I know this post really does not refer to YouYou’s first request, but I wanted to point out that becuase someones time is not spent in the forum does not mean we do not help others…..plus if you dont want to help someone dont answer their post….assume you have that freedom???

perdu Friend

I would like to have complete PSD/PNG source as well, the templates are great but very disappointing when you want to customise them as only a few source files are offered for download.

<blockquote>Then we will have members without skills trying to customise things that really don’t need to be touched and more requests for support?</blockquote>
    If find that a little patronising… well quite a lot actually 😉

youyou Friend

Oh this topic has gone in a strange direction, that was not that I wanted.

For making the things clear, I respect you a lot Shannon because I have seen that you are a very helpfull people here.
    I do not wanted at all to make censure, It was just because this topic has been posted in the board “Request and whislist” and you have post the opposite and tell to JA to absolutely don’t consider my request.
    I would have understand if you have formulate your opinion like that: “I think It is not a good idea …”. Something less strong.
    It is a bit like if someone tell he would like a music template and you answer just after “do NOT do a music template”.

So back to the real purpose of my topic, I think making available the PNG/PSD Sources will be a big big improvement here.
    I know also that I’m not the only one who need that and so I would hope that JA will consider this request as a priority. The fact is these files are really needed for everyone who wants to make his site unique. Lot of JA templates are very nice but if we cannot make them really personnal there is no big interest to use them.

This is my problem, when I have take my membership there was precised sources availables. I was thinking there was the total source. But I don’t care about having just the logo. Some people will so tell me that I can take all the pictures (of the template folder) and apply a photoshop change of colors but it is not what I want because like everyone knows when you transform a bitmap it has bad results and you can’t change things independently. Me I need the vector sources. I know that the logo is given as vector but I need the full layout.

I would like to contribute here and above all play with these very nice templates but I haven’t do the jump already because of this reason. You know, there is always something that you need to change in a template. It can be the colors but it can be other things. And contrary to some people think, even for a modification with no one color changes, sometimes you need these sources to resize something or …

I have created this topic just for that, I wanted to point a problem here. Quality of code and design are very good but there is no full PNG/PSD Sources. So, Please JA gives a chance to my request, many people are wanting this.

Thanks in advance 🙂

ShannonN Friend

noblecode;19413ShannonN

Great Response…Not sure when I ever said I was an expert, and sorry everyone did not or does not learn the same way as you.

Obviously you feel you can sort of push some weight around because you do post alot. Well I am a paying customer just like everyone else and this post did originate in the Request and Wishlist thread

I am not present in the forums — I choose to spend my time building websites for NONPROFIT agencies (which I volunteer for, I do not have a web business so I am not doing that to promote myself….I do that for the same reason you help here, because you choose to— So though I am not helping in the forum – I spend countless hours building and maintaing websites for orgainzations that assist kids in africa and troops in Iraq,

I know this post really does not refer to YouYou’s first request, but I wanted to point out that becuase someones time is not spent in the forum does not mean we do not help others…..plus if you dont want to help someone dont answer their post….assume you have that freedom???

well I build free web sites for many churches and colleges in my area too but then I don’t brag about all my volunteer work till I’m forced too 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)

This topic contains 46 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Anonymous 11 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum