Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author

youyou;19436Oh this topic has gone in a strange direction, that was not that I wanted.

For making the things clear, I respect you a lot Shannon because I have seen that you are a very helpfull people here.

I do not wanted at all to make censure, It was just because this topic has been posted in the board “Request and wishlist” and you have post the opposite and tell to JA to absolutely don’t consider my request.
    I would have understand if you have formulate your opinion like that: “I think It is not a good idea …”. Something less strong.

I don’t see what the problem is, you made a request that to me is not a good idea, I don’t support it, don’t want it to happen and said so? What’s the problem?

You have the hide and audacity to say DO NOT POST in this thread,? I said see no moderator tag after your name, then your fanclub, steps in saying cause I have a lot of posts I think I’m a bigshot?

I’m not just try hard to offer what JA has not (a support mechanism and structure) and then I get fanboys resume saying he’s a benevolent guy that supports charities? So what?

I said if JA wants to give you guys what you ask for terrific, however as I pointed out and no one wants to know about without bullshit and sarcasm, it will produce a massive amount of inquiries on “how to use this full psd, chage this what are slices, does it work in ms paint cause I’m too tight/lazy to get a decent graphics editor etc

JA, Miccas and others can’t possibly hope to answer, fully correctly in a timely manner this flood of questions. , then the JA etc don’t offer good support issues and complaints will start up again.

The major problem here in web design is no one except the serious professional are willing to read up on css graphics do some trial and error earning, the hobbyist, wants an answer in 5 mins and isn’t prepared to put any serious time into learning etc as “I’m a hobbyist, haven’t got time, only want one site etc”

I could go on for hours but youyou and fanclub members as pros, you understand the needs for knowing all about the many facets of web design.

youyou Friend

Back to the real subject,
    As many people here I would like to have these sources files.
    This is a big big point missing, see the number of posts (direct and indirect) of people who have the same request.
    Please JA do some efforts for making them available.

ShannonN Friend

youyou;19617Back to the real subject,
    As many people here I would like to have these sources files.
    This is a big big point missing, see the number of posts (direct and indirect) of people who have the same request.
    Please JA do some efforts for making them available.

Putting this bs to rest once and for all; MiCCAS please put up a poll

do you want full layered psd’s
    No I do not want full layered psd’s
    I don’t have the skills to use it but I want it
    I have the skills to use it but don’t need it

Cheers ShannonN

bigrk Friend

ShannonN, you are unbelievable.

ShannonN Friend

bigrk;19641ShannonN, you are unbelievable.

Must be the pitbull in me somethings I just won’t let go of 🙂 anyway the forum needs a bit of a shake occaisionally or we’d get bored leave the forum and get lives 😀

youyou Friend

<em>@ShannonN 19637 wrote:</em><blockquote>MiCCAS please put up a poll
    do you want full layered psd’s
    No I do not want full layered psd’s
    I don’t have the skills to use it but I want it
    I have the skills to use it but don’t need it
    </blockquote>

Why not a poll.
    Anyway I don’t understand why the fact to have skills or not is an argument to release or not a full source PNG/PSD.
    In this moment, PSD are given into small pictures and so people must already know how to use them. There is no more difficulties to modify many small PSD/PNG and then export them than modify the full layout and then export all part.
    I would say more, it is many more complicated to do a color change from many small pictures …

ShannonN Friend

youyou;19724Why not a poll.
    Anyway I don’t understand why the fact to have skills or not is an argument to release or not a full source PNG/PSD.
    In this moment, PSD are given into small pictures and so people must already know how to use them. There is no more difficulties to modify many small PSD/PNG and then export them than modify the full layout and then export all part.
    I would say more, it is many more complicated to do a color change from many small pictures …

I hear what you are saying youyou and appreciate that. But many ppl here do NOT know anything about graphics and using graphics packages in general to use what they already have

I just feel that a full psd ( while probably the best way to deliver graphics) will confuse the ppl with no skills in graphic manipulation

perdu Friend

<blockquote>I just feel that a full psd ( while probably the best way to deliver graphics) will confuse the ppl with no skills in graphic manipulation</blockquote>
    Can’t they just be zipped up separately from the other psd’s in the downloads section and marked as for advanced user’s or something?

Michael Casha Friend

The problem is, the developer’s don’t do full “total” PSDs, they do piece by piece.

youyou Friend

<em>@MiCCAS 19840 wrote:</em><blockquote>The problem is, the developer’s don’t do full “total” PSDs, they do piece by piece.</blockquote>

I understand more when it is said like that.
    However, it would be possible for the devs charged to assemblate the differents parts and create the html part to make in the same time a psd of that layout. There is no really more work for them, as the separate parts are already designed, just reassemblate the differents parts, add some dummy Lorem ipsum content and finally draw the box for the exporting slices.
    That would be really better for many users.
    Please JA consider seriously this idea for the future templates.

Michael Casha Friend

Ok, here’s the poll – http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/re-please-we-need-total-psdpng-sources/

No guarentee that they will change their mind though, this is specifically for your opinion to be made.

instantinlaw Friend

Hi MiCCAS,
    the poll is closed, I can’t vote. Are you going to open it soon?

Michael Casha Friend

woops, sorry. Opened now

instantinlaw Friend

Hi Thanks MiCCAS.
    While I voted for full page psd files, they should be sliced, or have guides to slice by. I think if they are sliced it will stave off a whole bunch of newbie questions.;)

Michael Casha Friend

<em>@instantinlaw 19978 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Thanks MiCCAS.
    While I voted for full page psd files, they should be sliced, or have guides to slice by. I think if they are sliced it will stave off a whole bunch of newbie questions.;)</blockquote>
    yeah, which is what I was worried about. My question though, what use is there for a full PSD?? And please don’t take this the wrong way, I’m just curious as I can’t think of any use for it.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)

This topic contains 46 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Anonymous 11 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum