Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to put a News Ticker (Text Scroller) in this area? See attached photo and arrow.

If so any recommondation what to purchase? The ones I have been reading about are mostely for article title and not sure if it would work in the spot.

Thanks!

1. ticker
    Manos Moderator

The arrow is on the Ja_News module so i don’t think it is possible exactly there but you can plase one above that

sbaldwin Friend

Hi Pascm,

Thanks for the reply. What would that be considered (for placement). I have attached another screenshot for you to look at and if you could tell me if this is the location that you are referring too exactly.

Do you have a scroller I could see? I was looking at a few on Joomla extensions. Thanks so much!

1. ticker2
    Manos Moderator

Yes you can see one on my site (http://www.istories.gr)
    It’s Gavick News Highlighter GK1

I hope that fit’s you! 😀

fiumeciane Friend

I have added a bar with scrolling text that reports the news of an press-agency. This is what you’re looking for?

sbaldwin Friend

Hi Pascm,
    I installed the GK1 highlighter. I then created a short article to use for my scoll content. It’s not showing up. A few questions I have is 1) What position are you using? 2) Do you have in Advanced Parameters mootools disable or auto? 3) do you do anything with module suffix?

Thanks for any help!

gazoline Friend

Hi Sbaldwin,

I was following this beautiful explication here: showthread.php?t=18954 to create a new module position. After that, I use this for placing Gavicks module.

It worked for a while, till yesterday I worked at my site and destructured this module somehow… So, somebody please HELP ME!!! 😀

Manos Moderator

<em>@sbaldwin 137613 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Pascm,
    I installed the GK1 highlighter. I then created a short article to use for my scoll content. It’s not showing up. A few questions I have is 1) What position are you using? 2) Do you have in Advanced Parameters mootools disable or auto? 3) do you do anything with module suffix?

Thanks for any help!</blockquote>

1) I am using Ja-News
    2) I have this in auto
    3) No i don’t

I hope i helped you.

gazoline Friend

<em>@pascm 138536 wrote:</em><blockquote>1) I am using Ja-News
    2) I have this in auto
    3) No i don’t

I hope i helped you.</blockquote>
    I have a little question if you’re so kind: what is your Joomla version? You updated to recent ver. 12 or ver. 13?

Thanx!

Manos Moderator

My site is on ver .12 on localhost i have .13 but i can’t see any problem specialy with this module.

gazoline Friend

<em>@pascm 138536 wrote:</em><blockquote>1) I am using Ja-News
    2) I have this in auto
    3) No i don’t

I hope i helped you.</blockquote>
    nice site…

gazoline Friend

<em>@pascm 138553 wrote:</em><blockquote>My site is on ver .12 on localhost i have .13 but i can’t see any problem specialy with this module.</blockquote>
    I try to isolate the problem by retracing my steps… I have also a problem with Author Link plugin from Jomsocial which appear simultaneously and this last problem seems to be related with J 1.5.13…

Manos Moderator

<em>@gazoline 138554 wrote:</em><blockquote>nice site…</blockquote>

Thanks, i now have 1.5.14 and there is no problem with this.

sbaldwin Friend

Hi Pascm,

I tried to display it again and for some reason is displays under FP News instead of at the top. Please take a look at the attached images. Do I need to make a custome Module or something? I just want it to display between the menu bar and FP News. The image called “ticker” is actually where I would like it but not sure if that is possible.

Would it be too much trouble to post a screen-shot of just your settings? Thanks so much for all your help! 😀

1. scroll_news
    2. ticker2
    3. ticker
    Manos Moderator

I hope i helped you.

1. settings
    2. settings2
    3. works
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

This topic contains 25 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Manos 14 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum