Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Just reduce the width of your larger images in the series…and it will play nicely.
    And make sure the width of your images is their true size. It may break if you try and reduce the size of an image by using only height and width dimensions…make the image the exact size you say it is.

That module has a thing about image widths. But if you are clear about your image sizes…and don’t try to stick a tree through a pin hole…then everything will be swell. 🙂

…and You’re welcome!

Have fun!
    John.

dacapo Friend

Thank you phil,

maybe there are people out there like me who do have only “livesites” and do not
    have ja-testing-sites. Why does JA not do this essential work ? Even a technical idiot like
    me can see immediately that this beta is not alpha!

It is very easy to bring out an extension and say: “to your own risk” ..hahahaha…

Maybe i am one of that idiots who found out the bugs but i am not am member of ja stuff
    and my work ist not as a tester of ja extensions.

I pay
    for my account to because i want
    it to have more easy and to have professional work that i am not able to do!

i do not like an extension who “maybe” save some miliseconds on a page if it works and
    bring me hours of frustration and useless work.

also a technical idiot like me can see imediatly that this “beta” does not work and it is not
    my job as a technical loser to test ja buggy betas who do not work neither on ther own
    quickstart installations with their own templates.

my opinion: do not release that until it works well !

i am not a tester ! i pay lot of money for this account to have things i canot do myself.
    that this account is called “developer” is not my idea. i am not a develpoer, i am a client!
    ja is not a open-souce-team. it is business!

It is eqasy to say “restore it” …

If I want to use the extension, I first have to control every page to see where maybe the extension
    will produce a bug….. or….. not using it at all !!!

Thats what i have to do now. Eleminating it on all domains where I have installed it.

Who needs something like this ?
    I do not by a car with onny two wheels.

ja needs people to test ? then release it for free. not leaving this to paying clients
    who pay for exacty not having this problems!

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Dear dacapo,

I can understand the frustation you are having getting this thing work.

I hope you have seen the option to exclude CSS files and JS files from the action of this plugin. Not all the CSS or JS files like to be compressed / optimized. May be you can try to exclude some non-routine CSS / JS files. For example, CSS / JS files of components to start with? The option to exclude css / js files was added for achieving hassle free compression.

I myself have tested it on few sites on localhost and live. It works for me. Certainly it wont be able to work on all the sites, as not all the sites use the commonly used components / modules / plugins.

In your case, i would request you to enable it step by step. First enable it only for template folder (use the exclude feature). If it works, then enable it for other component / modules/ plugins etc… so that you would be able to zero in on the rogue CSS / JS File.

Being a beta release doesnot mean that it wont work. May be you can help us in finding the CSS / JS file, for which it is not working and we can help in getting it right.

You can forward, your site login details to me via PM and i Can try to help you, and when we say take backup. Its a good practice to take backup before trying anything on a live site, even if you are upgrading a component / template / plugin. You never know what may go wrong and break your site? Afterall, everyone uses Joomla! in their own style and with their own preferred addons.

Regards

Arvind

John Wesley Brett Moderator

<em>@dacapo 153975 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thank you very much for making me a lot of work with this super-bug extension!
    I made the fault to rely on JA (allways telleing the highest qualitiy ……) and put it on several domains.

Now I can control hundreds of pages to eleminate psossible css faults!

Or do you call this optimization ? Only few examples of the bullshit i have now on my pages

[/quote]

By the way…the above visual…is not caused by Compress. That is a very familiar error you get when your image widths are out of whack.

See my previous post ^ for how to correct it.

dacapo Friend

@ arvind,

hello arvind,
    tankk you very much but I followed the former advice to disable it on every installation to get sure.
    I do not have sufficiant time to control lots of special configurations on lots of different domains which
    multiplicate the thing to hundreds of possibilities in having bug or no bugs. To make it run in the
    ‘”normal” configuration is JA Weork, not mine.

I do not have enough intelligence and knowlege for this.

If the purpose is just to avoid bugs I do want to waste time with a halfready plugin.
    I need to have tools and sites that work without, i am not a developer, i am a client.
    thank you anyway

@john

thank you John,
    as the problem starts with activating the plugin and leaves with deactivating I do not
    really understand how it is not caused by the plugin. maybe there are deeper causes, the deepest
    would be to have a webpage and without webpage the problem will not exist 😉

anyway thank you, I am just tired to lose only time in searching bugs. I prefer plugins, that help me
    saving time and anger 😉

For my part the thread is solved 🙂

ciao, dacapo

perdu Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 152528 wrote:</em><blockquote>perdu,

I think your comments are a little unfair TBH. ..</blockquote>
    I’m not meaning to be unfair just realistic, template providers JA included need to take heed of the fact that speed is one of the main factors when designing a template. It’s really no good designing a fab template if it’s slow. Slow equals frustrated visitors that will click the back-button and not return. The majority of JA’s templates are slow, I’m not having a dig it’s a fact, yes they may be giving what the ‘user wants’ visually but there are more efficient ways to deliver it.

Making this plugin only available at a price isn’t really fair to template club members and I might be cynical but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if new templates over the coming months have an even bigger array of scripts and other files.

Also take note that there is talk from Google that speed is likely be a ranking factor in 2010.

dpapan Friend

Many hours now i am trying to optimize my template. After installing a JA template i agree that this should be free. In a professional template speed and layout are going together. JA is a good company and should know that giving it free is good for company’s reputation…

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Dear Dpapan,

Starting from JA Anion Template, JA Compress is also embedded within the T3 framework and can be activated or de-activated from the Template backend.
    You can check out the same in action at >> http://demo.t3.joomlart.com/ << login details are given on the top of the page.

Regards

Arvind

dpapan Friend

These are very good news! If i use an older template?

Thank you

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

This topic contains 39 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  dpapan 13 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum