Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

I have a strange one here.

I set my site up over the weekend and everythingis fine. All the categories are on the frontpage with all additional news items listed underneath.

I have just created a new news item. It rolls in the headline at the top and if you click on news it is listed there, but I cant get it to appear under the category as a link on the Frontpage.

I have tried allsorts here, and feel I am missing something basic, but cant suss this out at the mo.

ShannonN Friend

alanheaton;15065I have a strange one here.

I set my site up over the weekend and everythingis fine. All the categories are on the frontpage with all additional news items listed underneath.

I have just created a new news item. It rolls in the headline at the top and if you click on news it is listed there, but I cant get it to appear under the category as a link on the Frontpage.

I have tried allsorts here, and feel I am missing something basic, but cant suss this out at the mo.

HI alan
    There is a new JA news released today in the Teline download section please dl that and replace the existing one before going any further with diagnosis

Cheers ShannonN

ErikThorsen Friend

This could be related to you not putting it as “publish on frontpage”?????

alanheaton Friend

OK. I have installed the new version.
    It hasn’t corrected the problem. But what I have now noticed is that if I dont publish it on the frontpage, it appears in the category on the Frontpage.

Also now the update has been applied in the Headline banner, under read more, it now lists the forthcoming news items. Is that correct? There was nothing to say what the update should do.

Now when I publish it back to frontpage it goes into the header roll, but disappears from the category link

alanheaton Friend

Sorry forgot to put the site

http://www.cljfl.co.uk

The article in question is Under 14B in Latest News.

It is there now, but if I put it in the headline it disappears from there.

bigrk Friend

<em>@ShannonN 15067 wrote:</em><blockquote>HI alan
    There is a new JA news released today in the Teline download section please dl that and replace the existing one before going any further with diagnosis

Cheers ShannonN</blockquote>

Shouldn’t this little bit of news be a sticky topic so all would know that there is an updated version of the template? I was just at the template download and it is still dated as an April 17th release. Is it really updated and what was fixed? :confused:

ShannonN Friend

bigrk;15103Shouldn’t this little bit of news be a sticky topic so all would know that there is an updated version of the template? I was just at the template download and it is still dated as an April 17th release. Is it really updated and what was fixed? :confused:

I think they changed the version number of teh ja news download?

lafrance Friend

<em>@ShannonN 15067 wrote:</em><blockquote>HI alan

Cheers ShannonN</blockquote>
    Hello Shannon,
    Just try this new release and it broke my site,Are you sure this was tested before release?
    Pierre

bigrk Friend

<em>@ShannonN 15109 wrote:</em><blockquote>I think they changed the version number of teh ja news download?</blockquote>

The JA-News Module date was changed since earlier. Do you know what the change updates? Is there a chance that the QuickStart Package will be corrupted with the change? Is there a preferred method recommended by JoomlArt for upgrading?

Thanks in advance for your help with all of this, Randy:)

1st question answered at this thread: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-teline-read-me-and-bug-report/.

lafrance Friend

<em>@bigrk 15133 wrote:</em><blockquote>The JA-News Module date was changed since earlier. Do you know what the change updates? Is there a chance that the QuickStart Package will be corrupted with the change? Is there a preferred method recommended by JoomlArt for upgrading?

Thanks in advance for your help with all of this, Randy:)

1st question answered at this thread: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-teline-read-me-and-bug-report/.</blockquote>
    The way I did un-install version 1.x then install new version and boom site crash.

bigrk Friend

<em>@lafrance 15110 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello Shannon,
    Just try this new release and it broke my site,Are you sure this was tested before release?
    Pierre</blockquote>

Did you copy down all the settings from your old module before uninstalling it? My upgrade seemed pretty easy, no problems at all. 🙂

lafrance Friend

<em>@bigrk 15209 wrote:</em><blockquote>Did you copy down all the settings from your old module before uninstalling it? My upgrade seemed pretty easy, no problems at all. :)</blockquote>
    Yes same setting as version 1.1.1 to 1.1.2
    and the result is like a wraper with no content.

timheel Friend

🙁 I’ve also got a new problem since loading the latest JA-News module.
    A couple of stray words have started to appear after the Read More … instruction. In this case the words are Welcome and Editorial Services – which are headings from other items.

See the attached image.

What is going on? How do I get rid of these stray words.

regards

tim

1. janews
    bigrk Friend

<em>@lafrance 15210 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yes same setting as version 1.1.1 to 1.1.2
    and the result is like a wraper with no content.
    </blockquote>

Did you get the category ID’s and add to the new module?

bigrk Friend

After further investigation….my site broke too as a result of this upgrade.>:(

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  lafrance 17 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum