Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

I am sorry for your inconvenience. The module is updated and uploaded to the download server. Please redownload and reinstall it to fix those problems.

bigrk Friend

<em>@bigrk 15209 wrote:</em><blockquote>Did you copy down all the settings from your old module before uninstalling it? My upgrade seemed pretty easy, no problems at all. :)</blockquote>

Gee Thanks! It is even worse now. Some bit of programming and a real big disappointment.>:(

timheel Friend

Hi Khan,
    I’m afraid the latest module doesn’t resolve my problem.
    I have ten items in the ‘headline’ area of my front page. The problem is best observed in wide screen or auto size. On first loading of the home page the first ‘headline’ (I call them ‘read this first’) is fine, but when the second item loads after the ‘Read me…’ i get the heading words for both the previous item and the next item. See my previous jpg.

http://www.2commune.com/cms
    So my problem remains.

regards

Tim

alanheaton Friend

I see others are all having the same problem. This News banner is riddled with bugs. After doing the updrade I to got the text under ‘read more’, and also had other issues with the headline.

I have uninstalled the new version and re-installed the old version.

Another issue that I have is that the Headline rolls OK with uoto 3 Headlines, as soon as you give more than 3 it looses control and starts doing allsorts of weird and wonderful things.

Come on Khan, a bit of work to do here to sort this one…

bigrk Friend

<em>@alanheaton 15248 wrote:</em><blockquote>I see others are all having the same problem. This News banner is riddled with bugs. After doing the updrade I to got the text under ‘read more’, and also had other issues with the headline.

I have uninstalled the new version and re-installed the old version.

Another issue that I have is that the Headline rolls OK with uoto 3 Headlines, as soon as you give more than 3 it looses control and starts doing allsorts of weird and wonderful things.

Come on Khan, a bit of work to do here to sort this one…</blockquote>

I wish I had the old version but got rid of it. I am seeing the same type of problems and a few others.

lafrance Friend

<em>@Khanh Le 15219 wrote:</em><blockquote>I am sorry for your inconvenience. The module is updated and uploaded to the download server. Please redownload and reinstall it to fix those problems.</blockquote>
    Thank you Khanh Le no big deal as original did work.And at the cost of the template it a bargain for us.
    Cant wait for the next version of this template that use choice of category or section.
    Try it even try ading section 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, that did not work than category
    1,3,7,13 to 28. 🙁 original work though
    Pierre

lafrance Friend

<em>@bigrk 15256 wrote:</em><blockquote>I wish I had the old version but got rid of it. I am seeing the same type of problems and a few others.</blockquote>
    give email will forward you original one

bigrk Friend

<em>@lafrance 15262 wrote:</em><blockquote>give email will forward you original one</blockquote>

Thanks to lafrance for sending me the original file. Now my site is working again! 😀 Until the JA News Module problems are corrected I would not recommend doing the upgrade.

lafrance Friend

<em>@bigrk 15272 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks to lafrance for sending me the original file. Now my site is working again! 😀 Until the JA News Module problems are corrected I would not recommend doing the upgrade.</blockquote>
    Maybe what should be done is to leave old file on servers until all issues are resolved before deleting it Only a though mind you I always keep a backup on my HD and backup drive.
    Only a though from an old fart ? frog? users? decision decision?

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  lafrance 17 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum