Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author

<em>@MagnusSorlander 29849 wrote:</em><blockquote>20 days and counting…….</blockquote>

Don’t count on IT (from Joomlart) >:(

mj1256 Friend

OK community members, time to show the power of open source development, where coders contribute for the benefit of our community and ultimately mankind, as the human race cannot continue to evolve without our fantastic websites based on this template.

any one out there have the ability and desire to fix this and be the next “TEMPLATE HERO”

magnussorlander Friend

Inspired by you speach I started a download of something called eclipse (yep, I am totally green when it comes to Java script). So in a few weeks I will have a solution on this. I don’t really have the time to looki into it now but I will.

Until then, you can use my crude temporary solution that reloads the page and clears the memory/handels after x number of slidemovements.

Just add these changes in mod_ja_slidegallery.php

var nextup = 0;
    function offLightbox(){
    nextup = nextup + 1;
    if (nextup >= 200) {
    nextup = 0;
    document.location.reload();
    }

jaSlideGallery.options.mouseis = 0;
    jaSlideGallery.options.auto = <?php echo $auto; ?>;
    jaSlideGallery.nextRun();
    }

magnussorlander Friend

I was a little fast posting the last message. I moved the counter from a place that was passed by twice for each slide . You should change to reload the page after nextup >= 100 instead…..

mj1256 Friend

i just want to make sure before i try it

i add this code, i’m not replacing anything

I award you the most wondrous person of the day award

congrats

magnussorlander Friend

you add the lines in bold, the other lines should already be there. My browser has been running for 15 hours now without problems.

mj1256 Friend

it worked 🙂

musiczineguy Friend

<em>@MagnusSorlander 29987 wrote:</em><blockquote>Until then, you can use my crude temporary solution that reloads the page and clears the memory/handels after x number of slidemovements.</blockquote>

I think everybody should give three cheers to Magnus for throwing a little coding ingenuity into the mix, considering the fact that there doesn’t seem to be a whole lot coming from JoomlArt of late.

BUT

While it’s great that members are willing to go out of their way to fix a problem, let’s not lose sight of the fact that, unlike ‘open source’ we are PAYING for the opportunity to have and use these templates. In paying for the service — which is supposed to include support — we should expect to GET some support… even if it is to say ‘yeah, we know there’s a problem and we’ve decided we’re not going to fix it.’

In addition to ranting in this thread as the rest of you have — with NOTHING from JoomlArt in response — I have PM’ed several people and have gotten no more than ‘we’ll look into it’ and no follow-ups, no matter how much of a pest I have been. And Hung himself didn’t even bother to answer me!

I am frustrated and disappointed in what, at least for me, is an unusual behavior herein. But I’ll tell you this much … if they don’t at least make it look like they are trying to fix this soon, I will have to think very very carefully before ever spending another penny with JoomlArt. What good is a flashy new template if it doesn’t work correctly???

There have been two new templates since this one has come out, so they’re obviously busy doing SOMETHING.. it just seems to me that supporting their paying customers is not on the critical path.

Once again, thank you Magnus for at least trying to find some relief for all of us on this one!

musiczineguy Friend

What is the status of the memory leak issue? We’re going on a month and two new templates since this was reported.

What is going on?!

musiczineguy Friend

Another week has gone by, yet another template is about to go live, and STILL Joomlart is not responding to or fixing this memory leak issue.

Having only been a member here for a few months, I wonder.. is it common practice for this group to put out flawed code, not even attempt to fix it but to just leave it behind and go on, ignoring it like it never existed?

I paid for my membership. I paid for the ability to use the templates and I paid for support. Right now I and many others have a template with a serious security leak and we cannot even get the developers of this site to ANSWER to us, let alone fix it.

This is really disappointing.

I think I will be looking elsewhere for my templates from now on.. and if this doesn’t get fixed soon, I think I’ll be telling anyone who listens that they should be looking elsewhere too.

magnussorlander Friend

This is a call for help.

Please if EVERYONE that still uses this template and have problem with memory leaks or slow running browsers could make a quick reply to show your support. Please make this reply even if you have nothing more to contribute to this problem or starting to think about switchin template.

musiczineguy Friend

It probably goes without saying, but I’m one of the frustrated.

vince2 Friend

I’d like to use this template, but I’ve been holding off, because of the memory leak. Great looking template with good potential, but if it doesn’t work, it’s useless.

mj1256 Friend

they should fix it, i paid for it, it should be fixed

I would rather have had a response that they couldn’t fix it than the tottal silence we have gottn

karenlovely Friend

First of all – THANK YOU to Magnus for working on this. I can’t tell you how much I personally, and we as a community appreciate your help. I have been extremely frustrated at the lack of response from the developers of this RETAIL template. My client chose to use this module despite my advising against it – it has crashed computers, caused the site to come up with a blank page, frozen browsers, etc. Yet it’s still available as a template despite known serious issues with it.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)

This topic contains 41 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  apottz 15 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum