Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author

I did leave my browser (IE7) on the embryo of my new site. After 7 hours of scrolling pictures in slider my browser now uses 299MB. Then on an intervall it dropps to 130MB and starts to grow again. I am currently just showing some of the sample images from /images/stories

Responce on the page is obviously really slow and a repaint takes 50% cpu for 2 minutes.

I am using Joomla 1.5.

Anyone else?

magnussorlander Friend

The only thing I can add is that the number of handles in Task manager for the process is 11,500. Something that seems to be really out of the ordinary.

granzowd Friend

I just posted the Q as well, we will both needd to wait for answer

I have just installed template, Looks great 1 BIG problem
    mod_ja_slidegallery
    As the SlideshowGallery runs it keeps memory, After a while my PC slows down, If you go into Task Manager you will see the memory allocated to IE go up and up.
    After 5 Minutes it was up to 150MB
    If you press the Home button to refresh page you get
    “Stop Running Script?
    A Script on this Page is Causing IE to run Slowly.
    If it Continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive.”
    I tried in Mozilla, a similiar error.
    OS = Vista Ultimate
    Joomla NOT 1.5

vince2 Friend

Is there any further information / resolution about this?

This renders the template useless, if it causes users’ computers to freeze up.

magnussorlander Friend

I have tracked the issue down to this line in slimbox.js:

this.fx = {
    overlay: this.overlay.effect(‘opacity’, {duration: 500}).hide(),
    resize: this.center.effects($extend({duration: this.options.resizeDuration, onComplete: nextEffect}, this.options.resizeTransition ? {transition: this.options.resizeTransition} : {})),
    image: this.image.effect(‘opacity’, {duration: 500, onComplete: nextEffect}),
    bottom: this.bottom.effect(‘margin-top’, {duration: 400, onComplete: nextEffect})
    };

This line generates 5 new handles and uses a bunch of memory that is never released.

I have tried to release the class at exit but my programming skills are really not what they should have been. Anyone that knows what is happening here?

Magnus

magnussorlander Friend

I should also mention that this function is called (even the init) everytime the small pictures is sliding left or right.

vince2 Friend

Nice detective work, MagnusSorlander!

Would the moderator or a developer comment on the status of this issue? Is it being addressed? Details, please. Many would like to use this template, but won’t be able to if it’s debilitating users’ computers.

Thanks!

lehoai Friend

Hi every body,
    We will check and fix this bug a.s.a.p . To run better right now you can set auto_run or use lightbox or both of them in back end of this module to decrease memory leak.

magnussorlander Friend

Is there ANY new regarding this issue?

musiczineguy Friend

I, like apparently many others who have downloaded this template am experiencing some real problems with this bug. If I leave the page up for too long it cripples my browser (and any other open browser windows) and eventually bogs my entire computer down ot the point where I have a really hard time getting into the app to show me how much memory is available — and there’s precious little until I kill the instance with the Ja_Justicia template running.

I think the template looks great, but I can’t go live with it until this bug is fixed.

Any ETA for a fix??

mj1256 Friend

i’m waiting for this fix and the IE7 stop script message box issue to be fixed

mj1256 Friend

so, whats happening with the memory leak issue, anyone???????:confused:

karenlovely Friend

Any progress on this?

musiczineguy Friend

<blockquote>We will check and fix this bug a.s.a.p .</blockquote>

This was posted eleven days ago. Can we get an idea how much longer it is going to be before this is solved, so that we can make a decision on whether to use this template or not?

magnussorlander Friend

20 days and counting…….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

This topic contains 41 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  apottz 15 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum