Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author

karen, i agree that the company should respond to this issue and fix the problem, after all we paid for a servcie we are not getting, but i applied the fix previously posted and the site is stable, no issues, all browsers and computers work, nothing is crashing

adsoma Friend

<em>@karenlovely 31233 wrote:</em><blockquote>First of all – THANK YOU to Magnus for working on this. I can’t tell you how much I personally, and we as a community appreciate your help. I have been extremely frustrated at the lack of response from the developers of this RETAIL template. My client chose to use this module despite my advising against it – it has crashed computers, caused the site to come up with a blank page, frozen browsers, etc. Yet it’s still available as a template despite known serious issues with it.</blockquote>

I AGREE WITH YOU!!!

THE SUPPORT IT´S…….. SUPPORT? FORGET IT!!!

mj1256 Friend

having been involved in business for many years and from my observation only, this whole business got to big and popular too fast and they don’t have the financial resources or backend infrastructure to manage this business. Customer service is timely and very expensive. What we are seeing is what makes many companies fail, and that is not having a scalable infrastucture that can handle their success.

I’m just assuming this based on personal experience, but it looks clear to me. As a best practice in business, they should make an announcement and tell us if this is indeed the case, not present us with any new templates for a month or two and instead fix what they have and make the business scalable.

even if they had to extend everyones subscription by two months to compensate, the Good Wll would instill a new trust in this business and they could probably grow larger.
    (There will always be unhappy customers who will flame them forever, but resonable people would respect them for making the right decision)

As I stated above, and I am just guessing, but I think success is killing this company.

I work as a SMB business consultant and would be happy to help this outfit. Many times all it takes is creating an infrastructure that is scalable and can grow with the demands of a business.

I had one company that used to answer their phone orders themselves, when I scaled them up I discovered that they weren’t getting 20 orders by phone a day, but 200 orders by phone a day. Just being able to answer the phone and them enabling systems that permited them to handle that sales volume made them millionaires.

magnussorlander Friend

Well you would think that is the case. But what really have started to bug me with this company is they way they are setting them self up as a “community site” for open source where members chat and help is offered by users. The fee is more an administrative art.

If you follow the chats in the general area (the stuff you can check out before becomming a member) you will realize that any post containing something negative is deleted within a few days.

I have save some of the threads just for fun. Thinking of publishing them somewhere more safe….

I have just given up on them. Think they suck.. there is no other way of putting it.

I would be especially pissed of if I was one of the poor user that initially posts a “thank you for great….” and then when been a member for a week starts to question support. Now you will be stuck giving them the blessing in

magnussorlander Friend

I did today find a message from JoomlArt where they excused them self for this error and the fact they did not have enough knowledge in Java to fix the problem. I do appreciate the honesty.

To fail is way different from not trying.

Thanks. I will pick another slider for this template. I have also given up trying to find the error.

Michael Casha Friend

Was this in an email Magnus? Can you forward it to me. Thanks.

davib Friend

What a disgrace!! This problem still has not been solved???? I downloaded the quickstart for this package yesterday and assumed it was all good, after all the template has been there for a long time. After spending the whole day adding content and playing with the template I left to watch Australia commit suicide by changing government…..But I did leave the browser open and running on the machine all night.

This morning I get up to find Justicia had crashed the machine…..Amazingly I read that this is a known issue that has NOT been addressed by the developers in any way shape or form!

magnussorlander Friend

MiCCAS, Now I am getting confused. Maybe I read to much into a comment posted 7 WEEKS after first bug report.

I placed a comment in the generic area, where I mentioned on problem with having bug fixed, and the lack of responce from the JoomlaRt.

The last post in that thread was done by you. Shortly after, the thread was removed. Your last comment was:
    ———————————————-
    MiCCAS11-20-2007, 12:52 PM
    I am honestly very sorry about this, not being very good at javascript myself I can’t fix the problem myself.
    ———————————————-
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-5006.html
    ————————————————-

I was maybe wrong to assume that you where not planning to fix the problem, but since this is the first time ANYONE from Joomlart even make a single comment in this forum, one can only assume you have moved on and just don’t plan on fixing. There has been a number of new releases so don’t kid me by telling it is a high priority.

Again. I don’t think you are compentent enought to fix this problem and should just re-release the template with a different slider.

diplomat Friend

HI Guys

I got sick of waiting for the updated slide show – All I did was install rokslide – from the Rocketwerx.com site and published it to the slideshow position.

It works great you do not get the thumbnails but it looks sweet. Support over at Rockettheme is a heap better then here…

Oh well still have some really nice templates at Joomlart so guess I can look past it.

mj1256 Friend

i gave up too

I installed the “JSN ImageShow” Module from JoomlaShine.com

it works great, is very flexible and has no memory leak,

apottz Friend

Was this issue ever resolved??

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

This topic contains 41 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  apottz 15 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum