Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 83 total)
  • Author

hmm how can the vote be 40% mac and 65% PC? Bug in vBulletin?

uniquebiz Friend

<em>@scotty 170172 wrote:</em><blockquote>hmm how can the vote be 40% mac and 65% PC? Bug in vBulletin?</blockquote>
    Hasn’t this version of V Bulletin been modified by JA? Like all their templates it has bugs

hydref Friend

I prefer PC hardware because its much easier to source and fix, not to mention cheaper than Mac hardware.

As for sofware, well I haven’t botherered with Microsoft operating systems for many years. Linux based operatings systems are superior in a hundred or more ways – and amazingly – free!

People tend to confuse PC with Microsoft-ware but that’s probably just lack of experience. You can get Linux operating systems for Mac hardware too but I don’t see the point.

plectrums2010 Friend

I was much the same as many people here who used to prefer PC but now love Macs. When it comes to music editing software, Macs far out shine PCs, which is why I prefer them. However I suppose it still comes down to what you need from a computer.

rr21 Friend

I changed from PC to Mac about 2 years ago and will never go back.

wombat1 Friend

Simple question? Would you also prefer a scooter to a Ferrari because its cheaper?
    The fact that one of the reasons you prefer a PC is that it is easier to fix certainly speaks volumes.
    As to your point that Linux based operating systems can be used in Mac hardware, you do realise that the Mac OSX utilises a Unix kernel?

This sort of PC vs MAC argument is ultimately futile, each individual will buy one or the other based on various motives, usually, if the decision is based on economics they will buy a PC, then of course each will defend their decision by debasing the competition, as this validates their actions. Fair enough, but come on, anyone that has used both on a REGULAR basis knows that the user experience on one machine has always been one step ahead of the other, and this simple fact exacts a slightly higher cost.

Its not a preference, its not coke versus pepsi, theres actually a difference in usability, and indeed aesthetics, which in its own way affects usability. The Windows interface appears to be designed by a person with a deathly hangover, desirous of inflicitng his suffering on the rest of the human populace. As to the amount of software available for each, sure enough i bought my first pc simply so that i could use Milk Drop visualiser on a mediaplayer after a bout of entheogens. Not exactly life altering but amusing for a while.

Aesthetics is a difficult element to evaluate, however if asked to choose between Megan Fox and Sarah Jessica Parker, i know which way i would go.

<em>@hydref 170184 wrote:</em><blockquote>I prefer PC hardware because its much easier to source and fix, not to mention cheaper than Mac hardware.

As for sofware, well I haven’t botherered with Microsoft operating systems for many years. Linux based operatings systems are superior in a hundred or more ways – and amazingly – free!

People tend to confuse PC with Microsoft-ware but that’s probably just lack of experience. You can get Linux operating systems for Mac hardware too but I don’t see the point.</blockquote>

djag77 Friend

I had a Power Mac a couple of years ago. I sold it and went back to a PC.

ffaronwen Friend

PC’s

-Much more flexible in terms of what they can do
    -Much more application development/support
    -Great for games/PC game development
    -90% of the world has a PC (or did at least circa 2000, last time I checked)

Mac’s

-Really pretty. I have seriously considered paying $1,000 just to have a nice expensive paperweight because it looks really pretty. Would go with the furniture. I probably wouldn’t use it because I like keyboard shortcuts, and (last time I checked) seemed to really be mouse driven.
    -SUPER n00b friendly. Even your cat or dog could probably figure out how to use a Mac, make a video, and upload it to youtube simply by walking all over the keyboard and pressing random keys, some of the software is that easy.
    -But really limited. If you are any kind of power user, you’ll go crazy trying to do anything useful, and instead of working, you’ll make googly eyes with the warp feature in their paint/video program all day. Of course — respect to those Mac Users who use it for graphic design/their print business/etc.

steven2223 Friend

Personally I have always liked using PC instead of MAC. I don’t know why but I just feel more comfortable using a PC. I think they are easier to use and I don’t think MAC is compatible with many different softwares. I’m a PC lover and I always will be. :p:D

ackordian Friend

The mac has much better web development tools than PCs. Also, being able to hop into a unix terminal, and run linux programs is incredibly useful.

funnygames Friend

anyone got an iPad already?

stella78 Friend

I like PCs because they have more flexibility (especially with games) and are much cheaper. Macs have some cool features, but IMO the price does not justify the extra bells and whistles.

jacquelinestarling Friend

I have always been a pc gal. I mean, I have used a friend’s mac and am sure would love it, but I have never owned one and I do plenty of designs and my wordpress, joomla and drupal sites look very 2.0.

sunrise Friend

This thread still around, or is it a new one? Anyway, Joomla sites can be made on both, but I think most people who try Macs stay with that. Those who switch to PC go back.

tiffany51 Friend

I do love both of them!I do my art designs on MAC and play games on PC!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 83 total)

This topic contains 83 replies, has 63 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 12 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum